ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) Tier 1 application with degree already submitted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NativePaul
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) Tier 1 application with degree already submitted

Post by NativePaul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:45 pm

I was struggling to find answers for this before my application, so decided to share my experience in case someone else can benefit from it.

I found conflicting information on the SET(O) form. The points section didn't require me to resubmit my degree as proof of qualification. But the documents section made it sound like I needed to resubmit my original degree as proof that I studied in a recognised institute. The problem was that my original degree is at my Dad's house in South Africa and I couldn't get him to courier it in time.

I called the hotline and someone named Nicole was very helpful (she even took my number and called back within an hour or two). I was advised to fill in the points calculator online and print that out as proof that my university (University of Cape Town) was on the list of qualifying institutions.

My father then scanned and emailed me a copy of my bachelor's degree and academic transcript, which I also included in my documents.

So I was granted my indefinite leave to remain without original copies of the degree and transcript, but they were submitted on my first Tier 1 (General) application in 2008.

I have to say the rest of my application was pretty straightforward, so that is the only possible red flag I could have had. My advice would be to include the original document if you have it, but if you have already submitted it then you could get by with a copy and proof that it is on the points based calculator.

All in all, I was really impressed by UKBA in this process. All the staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful. I arrived at 7:30 went through security etc. and my 8am appointment officially started at 7:55. I was approved and out the door by 9:30.
The process went smoothly and thanks to the coffee shop, the wait at the Croydon application centre was more comfortable than any embassy or visa centre I've ever visited. I was even able to whip my laptop out and get some work done while I waited.

pinkpop

Re: ILR SET(O) Tier 1 application with degree already submit

Post by pinkpop » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:16 pm

Congrants! Thanks for shared information and expierence.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Re: ILR SET(O) Tier 1 application with degree already submit

Post by sheraz_aries » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:03 pm

Congratulations on your ILR.

Could you please list the documents you submitted?

Did you uncle 5 years p60 and any absence letter?