ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O FORM Clarifications from Tier 1 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marilkise
Newly Registered

SET O FORM Clarifications from Tier 1 General

Post by marilkise » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi All,
I will be very grateful if anyone here can help provide answers to my questions about the SET O form.
Here is a brief idea of my situation....

1. Was granted Entry Clearance on 24th Feb 2009; Came into the UK 8th April 2009, Visa valid until 2012
2. Tier 1 Visa extended in 2012 and valid till 28th April 2014.
3. I had been in full employment since 2009, but lost my job (redundancy Jan 2014) and unemployed at the moment.
4. Hoping to apply for ILR next week.

So on the SET O form...

[*]Section 5 -Home and Finance; Question 5.3- Are you working in the UK?

what should be my response???? should it be a "YES" (based on the period of time I am claiming employment (Jan-Dec 2013) ; or "No" as I am CURRENTLY unemployed?

[*]Question 5.6- Details of Income source and the level of income.... [/color]

Do I leave this blank or put in details of my previous monthly earnings???

][*]Section 6- Immigration History[/color][/b]

I have a letter for all my absences during my employement with previous employer. However I changed jobs in 2010 and between that time took a holiday, and another holiday in Feb 2014 after I was made redundant.
These were for normal vacations for periods of less than a week.
How do I explain these absences as they were not for compelling or compassionate reasons?

[*]Finally Section 7; Question 7.11: How long have you lived in the UK?

Should that be 4 years 11 months since my date of entry was 8th April 2009[/color]?

I have read all the guides for the form and ILR extensively but none addresses any of these questions I asked specifically. Will be very happy if anyone can help me out.

Thank you

marilkise
Newly Registered

Re: SET O FORM Clarifications from Tier 1 General

Post by marilkise » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 am

Please can anyone help with the questions posted earlier?
Thank you

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:49 am

Answers in blue
marilkise wrote:Hi All,
I will be very grateful if anyone here can help provide answers to my questions about the SET O form.

1. Was granted Entry Clearance on 24th Feb 2009; Came into the UK 8th April 2009, Visa valid until 2012
3. I had been in full employment since 2009, but lost my job (redundancy Jan 2014) and unemployed at the moment.

So on the SET O form...

what should be my response???? should it be a "YES" (based on the period of time I am claiming employment (Jan-Dec 2013) ; or "No" as I am CURRENTLY unemployed?

Yes - this would be in reference to the period of time you are claiming employment

Details of previous earnings

I have a letter for all my absences during my employement with previous employer. However I changed jobs in 2010 and between that time took a holiday, and another holiday in Feb 2014 after I was made redundant.
How do I explain these absences as they were not for compelling or compassionate reasons?

Annual Leave

Should that be 4 years 11 months since my date of entry was 8th April 2009[/color]?

4 years 11 months*

*If someone enters UK within 90 days of the EC he / she should be safe and his entry clearance stamp date will be counted as the date of start of his /her 5 year lawful residence not the Entry date in UK itself.

The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be
counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur
if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. The period of delay will not be counted as an
absence if it does not exceed 90 days.

I have read all the guides for the form and ILR extensively but none addresses any of these questions I asked specifically. Will be very happy if anyone can help me out.

Thank you
Hope this helps,

MindTheGap (fellow Tier 1 G ILR applicant)

marilkise
Newly Registered

Post by marilkise » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Thank you so much. That is so kind of you.
So in essence since I came in less than 90 days from the EC can I put 5 years then or just leave it as 4 years 11?

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:56 pm

marilkise wrote:Thank you so much. That is so kind of you.
So in essence since I came in less than 90 days from the EC can I put 5 years then or just leave it as 4 years 11?
Hi marikise,

Happy to help :D

4 years 11 months as it'll be 5 years on the 5th year of your EC stamp.

MindTheGap

marilkise
Newly Registered

Post by marilkise » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Ok cool.
Sorry one more question please....
Regarding the absences during the periods of unemployment, do I need to send in a letter or simply fill the details in on the page provided as annual leave?

silk route

Post by silk route » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:02 am

marilkise wrote:Hi All,

So on the SET O form...

Thank you
Hi marilkise,

My case is also similar to you. I got redundant just before 4 month of my ILR application.What did you write in section-5.3 for your ILR application , 'yes' or 'no'? Have you declared in the cover letter that you have made redundant ? OR have you attached p45?

Appreciate your quick help as i am going to apply in PEO within 2 days.

silk route