ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success PEO Croydon Sat,10th May 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chandu_246

Success PEO Croydon Sat,10th May 2014

Post by chandu_246 » Sun May 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi All,

I am very glad to inform you that ILR (SET (O) application at Croydon PEO for the 10th of May 2014 was successful. I applied with two dependents.I booked an appointment before April 6th and saved at least £750, because of this forum as initially I was looking to book the appointment some where in May.Not only that this forum has loads of information and plenty of people to help.I have to really appreciate the help of Amber and Smartkhan with their help on my queries.

Appointment was for 10 am but arrived by 9:20 pm.PEO was very quiet,may be because of the fact that it is Saturday.I could hardly see any body.Hardly 4 to 5 applicants though it picked up after 10 but total number of applicants/people not more than 15.

I would advise any body to apply on Saturday, especially if you are going with kids.

My process timeline is below

9:20 am : Entered PEO
9:25 am : Security check completed with in no time.It looked as if security was waiting for some body to come in.That much quiet.
9:35 am: Ticket Issued and had to wait in the waiting hall to be called.
9:40: Ticket number called out for registration of the case.Asked for all the passports,BRP's and application form,Payment sheet,Ticket number and she entered few details from application and passports into the system.She also gave us two plastic folders one for keeping originals and one for copies.Once the case has been registered, we have been asked to wait for Biometrics registration.
9:50: Called for Biometrics immediately and took 15 minutes for completion and asked to wait in cafeteria as few people started coming in.
10:10: Status showing 'Verification of Biometrics'(Donno what it is)
10:25 : the screen showed ‘Under Consideration’
10:40 : Screen status still shows 'Under Consideration and My case number has been called to go to specific counter.I was really worried/tensed(I almost ran to the counter from Cafeteria with my 2 dependents) and I really thought they had few queries on my application and then to my surprise,Case worker told you should receive your biometrics with in 7 days and now your application has been approved(My lord 'It should have been said in reverse order)....Case worker said Sorry for the long wait and handed the originals and asked us to check, if we have received all the originals.

So the whole process took 1 hr 20 min..and not much waiting through out the process.

Overall a smooth and easy process

Documents:

• Cover letter explaining the documents submitted for claiming points and mentioned absences in one
table format ' Uk leaving date,Entry date and all the concerned page numbers where stamps are
present, just to make it easy for the case worker)
• Self assessment
• Application form + Photographs for all the applicants
• Passports + BRP’s
• Payslips
• Bank Statements(Highlighted the Salary to make it easy for case worker)
• LIUK Certificate (Main applicant)
• Employment Status letter: current employer only.
• Original Degree Certificate(Main Applicant)
• Pay slips (Related to annual leaves taken through out my TIER1 stay in UK to prove that I am paid full
salary in those periods)
• LIUK Certificate (Main applicant)
• Life in UK Certificate,Naric Statement of Comparability,English language assessment and Degree
Certificate(Dependent)
• Cohabitation: Bank Statements(Joint),Utility letters(Joint),UKBA letters(Individual),Marriage
Certificate,Son Birth Certificate,NHS(Individual Letters)

The only worry I had was,I entered UK on 90th Day.No question asked on anything.

Visa Valid from : 01/06/2009
UK entry Date : 29/08/2009
Current Visa valid until : 01/06/2014

Note : Please arrange documents in such a way, which makes it easy for the case worker.For instance, I have provided pay slips for duration concerned with my annual leaves.This is really the last document as far as main applicant documents are concerned.My perception is, case worker will see whether you have got the required points and then any exception(Your leaves,absences..etc..) and not the other way around.Again don't mix up main and dependent documents because it wouldn't help the case worker.I submitted copies of all the docs except for bank statements.I am not saying case worker's decision will change, obviously he has to look at main applicant's eligibility first and then dependent's.At least that's the approach I have followed, when arranging my docs.I submitted copies of all the docs except for bank statements,appl form and self assessment.

Please let me know, if any body needs some help.

Regards,
Chandra

joy_kavee

Re: Success PEO Croydon Sat,10th May 2014

Post by joy_kavee » Sun May 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi

Congrats on your application.

You mentioned savings of 750.

I thought that under form set(o), there is no need to show savings?

can you please clarify?

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi,

I mean to say, I have paid the old fee because I booked the appointment before fee rise that is before April 6th.Had I booked the appointment after April 6th, I would have paid the new fee.That way I saved £750.

Regards,
Chandra

joy_kavee wrote:Hi

Congrats on your application.

You mentioned savings of 750.

I thought that under form set(o), there is no need to show savings?

can you please clarify?

joy_kavee

Post by joy_kavee » Sun May 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Thanks for the info..
Last thing... :)

U mentioned bank statements.

Did you provide all the sheets for the 12 months period required?

Or did you just provide that sheet of bank statement showing your highlighted pay?

Am asking this as , I have around 20 pages of bank statements per month. If I have to give them 12 months, that would be a lot of original + copy of bank statements. Thus I thought just to give them that sheet per month that show the salary.

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:33 pm

I provided all the sheets for the 12 months period and I highlighted my salary for each month.I would advise you to submit all the sheets though it will be huge number of pages and take copy of this bank statement as it will take some time for the case worker to make copy out of your original.

In case if you want to exclude some pages, please take advise of experts in this forum.
joy_kavee wrote:Thanks for the info..
Last thing... :)

U mentioned bank statements.

Did you provide all the sheets for the 12 months period required?

Or did you just provide that sheet of bank statement showing your highlighted pay?

Am asking this as , I have around 20 pages of bank statements per month. If I have to give them 12 months, that would be a lot of original + copy of bank statements. Thus I thought just to give them that sheet per month that show the salary.

Philro
Newly Registered

Post by Philro » Mon May 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks for the information. It is very helpful. I have my application coming up in August 2014, so may have some questions nearer to the time.

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Mon May 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Congrats!!!

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:31 pm

thanks..
smartkhan wrote:Congrats!!!

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Post by sewatkar » Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 am

Sahi hai...Congrat's Chandra ! Thank you for sharing your experiences in detail :)

I would be applying in June. I have two queries if you could advice on:

1.) My Wife has completed her Bachelor Degree from Pune and was taught in English, her Degree shows up giving 10 Points in UKBA Point Based Calculator. I intend to submit PBS Printout and her Original Degree Certificate. Should this not be sufficient ? Or I SHOULD go for NARIC Certificate still. I somehow was not able to find anyone saying I took a UKBA PBS printout + Degree certificate for Dependent for English language Requirement. I read this somewhere though
How do I show that my qualification is deemed by UK NARIC to be the recognised standard?
UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator (which is on our website) with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with the original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.
Alternatively, you can obtain confirmation from UK NARIC that your qualification was taught or researched in English by requesting an English Language Assessment (ELA). Details of how to contact UK NARIC can be found at: http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/Contact%20Us.aspx
2.) For cohabitation proof. I have Bank statements with my wife's name on it for last 8 months only. Prior to that her name is not there on Utility Bills or any other document. Could you advice what I could submit as a proof of cohabitation for the one and half year before the bank statements came with her name(As we have to submit it for a period covering last 2 years). She was staying with me only and is not working. Would a letter from Letting Agent/ Letter from NHS when she resgistered/ Letter from Employer confirming that she stays with me be good enough ? I have a House agreement in her name but that is only since Apr this year and her name was not there in previous agreements.We threw away letters from hospital(sent to her) as well sometime ago, as we were not aware of this cohabitation requirement. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks Very Much.

sky2020

Post by sky2020 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:55 am

congratz.

Have you received your BRP as i have applied same day 10 May and about to estimate time of BRP delivery?

S

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks...

I have not received my BRP yet.Eagerly Waiting. :)

Please let me know, if you have received yours.
sky2020 wrote:congratz.

Have you received your BRP as i have applied same day 10 May and about to estimate time of BRP delivery?

S

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:23 pm

1.In my wife's case, her degree is recognized in Points calculator but she didn't get the 10 points for English.You said your wife received 10 points for english.What option you selected for her english language requirement in points calculator?

2. (a) Request a latest statement from council for the last 2 years and tell them that your WIFE name should be there.If you have added her name in council tax, then they would definitely give it.I have done this for my application.

(b) Get letter from Letting agent(As you said..)

(C) Get letter from NHS(saying that you and your wife are registered in NHS on this address)..

(D) you can submit any utility bills though only your name is on it.Obviously council tax letter showing both of your names and
individual letters showing the same address will mean that you and your wife are staying together at that address.

3.There is loads of information in this forum, just take time to explore this forum.You are not the first one facing this situation.

Don't worry..You will be fine..Just start collecting the docs.as Council can take up to 4 weeks to deliver any statement on council tax.

Please leave me a Personal Message, if you can't explain every thing here.I will try my best to help you.

Regards,
Chandra

sewatkar wrote:Sahi hai...Congrat's Chandra ! Thank you for sharing your experiences in detail :)

I would be applying in June. I have two queries if you could advice on:

1.) My Wife has completed her Bachelor Degree from Pune and was taught in English, her Degree shows up giving 10 Points in UKBA Point Based Calculator. I intend to submit PBS Printout and her Original Degree Certificate. Should this not be sufficient ? Or I SHOULD go for NARIC Certificate still. I somehow was not able to find anyone saying I took a UKBA PBS printout + Degree certificate for Dependent for English language Requirement. I read this somewhere though
How do I show that my qualification is deemed by UK NARIC to be the recognised standard?
UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator (which is on our website) with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with the original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.
Alternatively, you can obtain confirmation from UK NARIC that your qualification was taught or researched in English by requesting an English Language Assessment (ELA). Details of how to contact UK NARIC can be found at: http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/Contact%20Us.aspx
2.) For cohabitation proof. I have Bank statements with my wife's name on it for last 8 months only. Prior to that her name is not there on Utility Bills or any other document. Could you advice what I could submit as a proof of cohabitation for the one and half year before the bank statements came with her name(As we have to submit it for a period covering last 2 years). She was staying with me only and is not working. Would a letter from Letting Agent/ Letter from NHS when she resgistered/ Letter from Employer confirming that she stays with me be good enough ? I have a House agreement in her name but that is only since Apr this year and her name was not there in previous agreements.We threw away letters from hospital(sent to her) as well sometime ago, as we were not aware of this cohabitation requirement. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks Very Much.

sky2020

Post by sky2020 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:06 am

@chandu_246

I have received my BRP today.

S

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:48 am

sky2020,

Congrats..I missed the delivery from DX courier.I requested them to deliver tomorrow.

Regards,
Chandra
sky2020 wrote:@chandu_246

I have received my BRP today.

S

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Wed May 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Congratulations!!

Can you please share any details regarding the absence letter you provided ?

Was it from the emplyoer deatailing all the days outside UK, business and annual leaves?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

Philro
Newly Registered

Post by Philro » Wed May 14, 2014 1:38 pm

I am confused as to what the window of when I can apply is.
My current visa start date: 14/08/2009
current visa end date: 14/08/2014
Date entered the UK on this visa: 25/08/2009

Is it up to 28 days before the expiry of my visa? Or 28 days before 5 years since entering the UK on this visa? I thought it was the former but in the guidelines it also talks about the date when you first entered the UK.

I noticed you entered the UK some time after the start of your visa too -I just don't want to apply to early or leave it too late

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:31 pm

I have not got any letter from employer and I did self declaration(I had only Annual Leaves) that I was absent between these dates.I have provided payslips for the annual leaves I have taken through out 5 years(What ever is your qualifying period) though it is not necessary and I have provided because I have them with me.Many people in this forum got ILR approved with just self declaration.

Regards,
Chandra
charismatic_one wrote:Congratulations!!

Can you please share any details regarding the absence letter you provided ?

Was it from the emplyoer deatailing all the days outside UK, business and annual leaves?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:54 pm

I entered on 90th day and applied 28 days before my visa expiry.I think you are absolutely fine in terms of 90 days rule.
Philro wrote:I am confused as to what the window of when I can apply is.
My current visa start date: 14/08/2009
current visa end date: 14/08/2014
Date entered the UK on this visa: 25/08/2009

Is it up to 28 days before the expiry of my visa? Or 28 days before 5 years since entering the UK on this visa? I thought it was the former but in the guidelines it also talks about the date when you first entered the UK.

I noticed you entered the UK some time after the start of your visa too -I just don't want to apply to early or leave it too late

Philro
Newly Registered

Post by Philro » Thu May 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Thanks!