ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement for Tier 1(General) Dependents ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sarva81
Newly Registered

English Requirement for Tier 1(General) Dependents ILR

Post by Sarva81 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Sir/Madam,
I'm applying for ILR under Tier 1 (General) Dependent, and for English requirement i find the below requirement details on the govt website for settlement (which buzzed panic)........[b]i'm puzzled should i submit the letter from NARIC (to prove the degree is equivalent to UK degree) [u]and also[/u] a letter from University (i.e. from India) stating the Degree was taught in English.[/b].........or NARIC certificate is enough for the english requirement on ILR application ( along with original degree certificate )

The info i find on website is below for reference
-----------------------------------------------------------
https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Degrees taught or researched in English

You’ll need to prove your degree was both:
* taught or researched in English
* confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:
* a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
* an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, [b][u]plus [/u][/b]an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
* an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

Please clarify and help me

with Thanks
Kumar

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: English Requirement for Tier 1(General) Dependents

Post by Macro_Run » Fri May 16, 2014 10:51 am

If you got UK NARIC- English Language Assessment, you need to submit below docs.
1.UK NARIC- English Language Assessment + original degree certificate.

(or)

If you got UK NARIC - Statement of Comparability:
2.UK NARIC - Statement of Comparability + Medium of instruction (from your University ) + original degree certificate.

neti

Re: English Requirement for Tier 1(General) Dependents

Post by neti » Fri May 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi Macro_Run,

This is only if degree is not found on Point based calculator, right ?

If degree is found on PBS calculator then is following combination okay ?

3rd Option :
PBS Print Out showing 10 points for English and 20+ points for qualification + Original degree Certificate

Regards,
neti

sudeepss

Re: English Requirement for Tier 1(General) Dependents ILR

Post by sudeepss » Sat May 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Exactly option 3 is correct

Sarva81
Newly Registered

Post by Sarva81 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Many Thanks for clarifying........i find my University is on the PBS......but could Tier 1(General) Dependent use the PBS calculator print out........i was in a thinking the PBS calculator is for only Primary Visa holders and not for Dependents as Dependents cannot complete the other sections of the PBS calculator(i.e. Earnings etc..)

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Tue May 20, 2014 3:10 pm

This is very tricky actually due to PBS which will be invalid. to be on the safer side i guess UK naric English assessment letter would be helpful

sudarsanb22
Newly Registered

Post by sudarsanb22 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi,
I recently applied for my wife's Settlement Visa from VFS Chennai and got it thru successfully. I kept the below for her English Language Requirement.
1. UK NARIC SoC
2. Original Degree Certificate (from Univ of Madras)
3. Meidum of Instruction Letter from University of Madras as Above Original Degree Certificate doesn't mention the medium of Instruction as English.
4. Point Calculator confirming that she scored 20 points for Degree and 10 points for English Language. We usually use this for Main Applicant in PBS.
Also, I had mailed my solicitor here in UK and got the below response
""""
If the degree can be found on the Points Based Calculator then she does not need to provide any evidence from NARIC. She simply needs to provide the original degree certificate when making the application.
""""
But for my peace of mind, I kept all the above mentioned 4 documents and it came through successfully.
Good Luck,
Sudarsan