ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

if ILR granted : Child Passport process ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shumailakamran

if ILR granted : Child Passport process ?

Post by Shumailakamran » Fri May 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi,

I have my PEO appointment for ILR in First week of June and me and my partner applying for ILR. my daughter was born here when we were on Tier-1.

My question is can someone explain me the process of getting British passport for my daughter? I mean suppose we got ILR in June then what things we need to do in order for my child to get Passport?

Reason to ask is because we are planning to travel back home and we cant travel without daughter so just figuring out the date we can travel

Any help would be really helpful

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: if ILR granted : Child Passport process ?

Post by CR001 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:02 pm

See the Children section in the FAQs, link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355

You have to register her as a British citizen on form MN1 and receive the certificate before she can apply for a passport. She is not automatically British but is entitled to register as British under section 1(3) of the BNA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Fri May 23, 2014 2:05 pm

As soon as you and your partner are granted ILR you need to apply for the registration of your child as a british citizen using form MN1 by sending your passports with your BRP. When you get the registration certificate for your child you can then apply for your childs passport. On average the whole process can take up to 2 months.

Shumailakamran

Post by Shumailakamran » Wed May 28, 2014 8:46 am

Cool Thanks solospy!