ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Croydon PEO - 30May2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Agastya80

ILR Success @ Croydon PEO - 30May2014

Post by Agastya80 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:28 am

Dear All,

First of all thanks to the members and moderators on this forum for posting valuable advise and suggestions. I got my ILR approved on 30th May 2014 at Croydon PEO. It was a bit busy but not too bad for Croydon PEO and I was really surprised with the turnaround time today, my experience of Croydon PEO 2yrs back wasn't great as I had to wait for 6 hrs for biometrics but that's past anyways.

My case history:
Tier-2 ICT granted: 24/04/2009 and extended 5 times after that within the UK
Tier-2 General switch: 10/04/2013 within UK

On the day timeline:
Appointment time: 10.20am
Reached PEO: 10.00am
Done with security: 10.15am
Case registration and Biometrics completed: 10.45am
Approval confirmation and documents returned: 12.00pm

Enclosed following documents with a covering letter:
1) Appointment confirmation
2) Online payment sheet
3) SET (O) Application form
4) Photographs
5) Passports & BRP
6)Photocopy of all old visa/BRPs (6 in my case)
7) LIUK pass confirmation
8 ) Bachelor's degree and degree taught in English letter from university
9) PBS calculator printout for degree comparability and points for English language
8 ) Last 1 month pay slip
9) Last 1 month bank statement highlighting salary credited
10) Employment confirmation letter with SOC code, salary details and I'm still needed for the job wordings
11) Absence letter from current and previous employer
12) Photocopies of all docs

Case worker didn't ask any questions or for any more documents and said that my case appears to be ok and I shall receive BRP in next 7 days.
Thanks!

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success @ Croydon PEO - 30May2014

Post by ilrcandidate » Sat May 31, 2014 2:16 am

Hi Agastya80,
Hearty congratulations mate. A couple of questions if that's ok to ask.

1) Did you submit your ex-employer letter for annual leaves absences?

2) How did you manage your unpaid absences? I can see you submitted only 1 month payslip and bank statement to avoid being questioned about unpaid leaves, so didn't they ask you about old payslips?

3) You didn't utilize the 90 days entry exemption and delayed your application, was there any specific reason?

4) Did you have any employment gap when you switched from Tier 2 ICT to tier 2 G? After my previous employment ended, I had 29 days gap due to visa processing and I am utilizing the 90 days exemption, would this cause any issues?

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Sat May 31, 2014 8:49 am

Thanks mate.
ilrcandidate wrote:Hi Agastya80,

Hearty congratulations mate. A couple of questions if that's ok to ask.

1) Did you submit your ex-employer letter for annual leaves absences? - Yes, though getting that letter from ex-employer proved to be a tricky exercise

2) How did you manage your unpaid absences? I can see you submitted only 1 month payslip and bank statement to avoid being questioned about unpaid leaves, so didn't they ask you about old payslips? - I didn't mention it and had only 3 days unpaid absences last year so was prepared to answer it with documents I had but only If they had asked. In total I had only 90 days leaves outside the UK in last 5yrs. Also, SET(O) form asks only for most recent payslip and bank statement so why provide them document they didn't ask for it, though I had all payslips and bank statements in my carry bag just in case they'd ask

3) You didn't utilize the 90 days entry exemption and delayed your application, was there any specific reason? - Yes, I was very busy for last few months and didn't have time to study Life in the UK book for test and getting a leaves letter from previous employer proved a very tricky exercise but got there in the end

4) Did you have any employment gap when you switched from Tier 2 ICT to tier 2 G? After my previous employment ended, I had 29 days gap due to visa processing and I am utilizing the 90 days exemption, would this cause any issues? - I had only a day gap when I switched but I think you should be fine as you get a month's time exemption
Thanks!

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Post by ilrcandidate » Sat May 31, 2014 9:02 am

Excellent, thanks a lot!

neelumin2
Newly Registered

Post by neelumin2 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:18 pm

What is the details in the absence letter from company. Should they contain all the Annual leaves or just a letter saying how many Annual leave am i elligible .

Suresh

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:29 pm

I used this template, my letter only contained leaves taken to visit outside the UK

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 52143.html
neelumin2 wrote:What is the details in the absence letter from company. Should they contain all the Annual leaves or just a letter saying how many Annual leave am i elligible .

Suresh
Thanks!

pvora
Newly Registered

Post by pvora » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi Agatsya,

Congrats on your ILR.

Can you please tell me where to get Print out for PBS point based calculator? And also Is it possible to have format for Index and Covering letter?

Many thanks

Shumailakamran

Post by Shumailakamran » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi,

Congrats!

I have couple of queries, Could you please help me with these?

1) (Section 5.7 )Please give the start and end dates of the period of maternity, paternity or adoption-related absence (if you are still absent from the workplace due to maternity or adoption-related leave, the end date should be left blank)

I took one week off as but i have no proof so what should i do here ?

2) (Section 7.11 ) How long have you lived in the UK?

is it from the beginning when i came here as a student in back 2005 or just write down the date when i get Tier-1 i.e 7th July 2009 ?

Many thanks,

Shumaila

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Thanks mate.

Access this link as Tier 1 General migrant to get your PBS printout. In the end it gives you a pdf copy link which you can save and print later on.
https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

My covering letter was very basic stating that I'm applying for ILR and little summary of my visas I've held in past 5yrs and also list of documents I attached with my ILR applicaton.

Hope it helps
pvora wrote:Hi Agatsya,

Congrats on your ILR.

Can you please tell me where to get Print out for PBS point based calculator? And also Is it possible to have format for Index and Covering letter?

Many thanks
Thanks!

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Thanks.
I'm no expert but please see my reply as below
hope it helps
Shumailakamran wrote:Hi,

Congrats!

I have couple of queries, Could you please help me with these?

1) (Section 5.7 )Please give the start and end dates of the period of maternity, paternity or adoption-related absence (if you are still absent from the workplace due to maternity or adoption-related leave, the end date should be left blank)

I took one week off as but i have no proof so what should i do here ? Did you take statutory pay while you took time off or you were on your normal pay? if you were on normal pay then it doesn't really matter but if you were on statutory pay then I think you ought to mention it but it won't affect your application in anyway though, i guess

2) (Section 7.11 ) How long have you lived in the UK?

is it from the beginning when i came here as a student in back 2005 or just write down the date when i get Tier-1 i.e 7th July 2009 ?mention the time period on which you ILR application is based and on which you have calculated you continuous peiord

Many thanks,

Shumaila
Thanks!

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Post by ilrcandidate » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Thanks again Agastya for patiently answering all the queries for potential candidates, much appreciated. I have a query for the below questions:

SOC code (or nearest applicable which best describes your employment)
Current rate of pay (as stated in the codes of practice – hourly rate or annual salary) - per hour
Current rate of pay (as stated in the codes of practice – hourly rate or annual salary) - per annum
Number of hours this salary is based on
Number of weekly hours

There are different version of answers for the above question and people have got lots of ambiguity as to what details need to be filled. Is it possible to provide a bit of further explanation and the logic to get the answers for the above 5 questions. Even my employer is confused with these 5 questions :-(.

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:57 pm

I used information from my current CoS to fill this section. I would suggest you have a look at the information filed on your current CoS and also download a copy of new Code of practice as some of the SOC codes have been changed.
Please see my response below, hope it helps
ilrcandidate wrote:Thanks again Agastya for patiently answering all the queries for potential candidates, much appreciated. I have a query for the below questions:

SOC code (or nearest applicable which best describes your employment) - in my case my last SOC code 2423 is still valid as per new code of practice guidance so i used that
Current rate of pay (as stated in the codes of practice – hourly rate or annual salary) - per hour - convert your current salary to hourly rate, I am assuming your salary is either at level or above than required for your SOC code. divide your annual salary by 52 and then no. of hours you are required to work according to your employment agreement and CoS details, in my case it's 37.5. E.g. annual salary is 30,000 per annum
30000/52 = 576.92
576.92/37.5 =
15.38per hour
Current rate of pay (as stated in the codes of practice – hourly rate or annual salary) - per annum - mention your current annual salary
Number of hours this salary is based on - mention no. of hours you are required to work as per your employment agreement and CoS details filed, in any case it should be for current pay level or above as mentioned in code of practice guide for your soc code. in my case it's 37.5hrs per week
Number of weekly hours - mention no. of hours you have to do , i filled 37.5hrs

There are different version of answers for the above question and people have got lots of ambiguity as to what details need to be filled. Is it possible to provide a bit of further explanation and the logic to get the answers for the above 5 questions. Even my employer is confused with these 5 questions :-(.
Thanks!

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Post by ilrcandidate » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:20 pm

Excellent, thanks a million. This is the best and most precise explanation. I would suggest the moderators to update this info on the ILR FAQ's sticky post for other's future reference.

are22
Newly Registered

Applying for IDL

Post by are22 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Hello,

Am an EEA family member and i applied for IDL which was been refuse because they said i did not prove that my spouse is exercising her treat right which i did, We are both self employed and i sent all the self assessment for 5 years period and NI contribution of 5 year
which was all sent to Home Office and they came back to me that i did not prove that my wife did exercise her treat right.

Now please can anyone advise me what to do if i should apple or resend my application back to them and state it broadly to let them know i have it and it was been sent to them? don't know what to do at the moment.

Many Thanks as i await your advise.
Austin Are

Agastya80

Re: Applying for IDL

Post by Agastya80 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:01 am

Hi are22, Please post here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... lications/
are22 wrote:Hello,

Am an EEA family member and i applied for IDL which was been refuse because they said i did not prove that my spouse is exercising her treat right which i did, We are both self employed and i sent all the self assessment for 5 years period and NI contribution of 5 year
which was all sent to Home Office and they came back to me that i did not prove that my wife did exercise her treat right.

Now please can anyone advise me what to do if i should apple or resend my application back to them and state it broadly to let them know i have it and it was been sent to them? don't know what to do at the moment.

Many Thanks as i await your advise.
Austin Are
Thanks!

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:08 am

Congrats..my case is similar. T2 G to ILR. Pay above appropriate rate so didn't have to complete 5.6,5.7,5.8

Only 1 query I have in set o form
Did you tick the box 'Your Finances' in section 11 documents list (11A).
It's on Set o form page 62

Please let me ASAP. Appreciate your feedback

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:30 pm

yes, it's on page 49
Skc84 wrote:Congrats..my case is similar. T2 G to ILR. Pay above appropriate rate so didn't have to complete 5.6,5.7,5.8

Only 1 query I have in set o form
Did you tick the box 'Your Finances' in section 11 documents list (11A).
It's on Set o form page 62

Please let me ASAP. Appreciate your feedback
Thanks!