ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon - ILR SET O - ON HOLD :(

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saqib389

PEO Croydon - ILR SET O - ON HOLD :(

Post by saqib389 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi There,

I did go to Croydon for ILR application along with my dependent.

They have given me ILR approved and I have now received the BRP card (So main applicant is approved)

Caseworker mentioned to me that your dependent application will be put on hold due to further checks needs to be done for English language course which she did.

Did anyone in the similar situation where they have given ILR to main applicant but put dependent application on HOLD due to further checks ?

Any advice what should I do at this stage ?

Thanks,

AMN

Shumailakamran

Re: PEO Croydon - ILR SET O - ON HOLD :(

Post by Shumailakamran » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:31 pm

What dependant english document you submitted with application?

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:41 pm

She did ESOL Entry Level 3 B1 from EMD which is in the list of OFQUAL on home office website.

akhtar191
Newly Registered

Post by akhtar191 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:40 pm

HI

Same happen to me but in my case both me and my wife application is on hold and they give me a letter saying furthur check required and so i am waiting. I applied on 1st July 2014 and till today no response at all. i called the Customer Services and they are saying in Progress.

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:17 am

Welcome to the club of English language certificate limbo.

I'm in the same situation albeit because of ETS TOEFL. I've been waiting for over 3 months. My advice is don't hold your breath.

There was a period when some people got letters giving them a chance to do another language test but I didn't get this and by the looks of it nor did you. So all you can do is pester them for information and brace yourself for a long wait.

Did you just get a generic 'further enquiries' letter or did they give you a letter that explicitly mentioned the language problem?

eddybaloch

Post by eddybaloch » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 am

Hi Saqib.

Can you please confirm exactly which test has caused the trouble.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

i.e. page number e.t.c

I am about to take an English test so that would be immensely helpful

Thanks.
Eddy B.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 am

My wife has taken GESE grade 5 B1 speaking & listening from Trinity College London.
We are going for ILR next month.
Hopefully that should not cause any issues. Has anyone had success stories with above English certificate recently?
Just getting nervous now.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:20 pm

saqib389 wrote:She did ESOL Entry Level 3 B1 from EMD which is in the list of OFQUAL on home office website.
Unfortunately, there has been some cheating/fraudulent activity going on by some test providers and EMD is one of them. They are under investigation by the Home Office and pending the outcome of the investigation, your application will likely remain on hold.

The tests to avoid for those who will be applying in due course (under investigation) are:

EMD

and

ETS (the TOEFL and TOEIC) tests.

Furthermore, best avoid doing the Trinity ESOL Entry 3 test (not the one provided by Cambridge) as this is being removed from the Home Office list from 1st August 2014. This should not affect the Trinity GESE Grade 5 test.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:21 pm

aravindb4u wrote:My wife has taken GESE grade 5 B1 speaking & listening from Trinity College London.
We are going for ILR next month.
Hopefully that should not cause any issues. Has anyone had success stories with above English certificate recently?
Just getting nervous now.
The GESE Grade 5 test by Trinity should be fine.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Thanks WR1. Much appreciated. I hope they would accept that straight away w/o any doubts, as I have travel plans after 4 weeks of ILR,and if they hold ILR then that would ruin my plans. Hopefully they accept GESE grade 5 straight away, as that test is a clean one so far :|