ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public Funds after getting ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shumailakamran

Public Funds after getting ILR

Post by Shumailakamran » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:54 am

Can anyone help with regards to public funds.

My situation:

Me and my partner got ILR last week and i am applying for my daughter naturalization now. My partner is working fulltime and i am a housewife and never worked in UK since i came here in 2010.

My question are

1)are we eligible for Child benefits?
2)Any benefits that i am eligible for as i am not working ( Housewife )?
3) if we take any benefits now are they going to affect on our Naturalization process after 1 year?

Many thanks in advance?

linkers
Respected Guru

Re: Public Funds after getting ILR

Post by linkers » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:00 pm

1). You need to look at Benefits Calculator. No one will be able to tell you which benefits you qualify for as everyone's circumstances are different.
2). Your husband's earnings need to be below a certain threshold in order for you to qualify for the child benefit. Again I would advise to look at the above link.
3). Benefits will not affect your Naturalization application.