ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Cohabitation...Address..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolsats
BANNED

Query on Cohabitation...Address..

Post by coolsats » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Gurus,

I stayed in a property for three years and just moved to a new house three months back. In my previous property I have documents like council tax and other utility bills listing both our[myself+spouse] names.

When i apply for my ILR[Nov 2014] do I need to show the cohabitation documents showing my current address only, or I can show my previous address documents as well.

Please advise Gurus...

Regards....

Casa

Re: Query on Cohabitation...Address..

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Previous + current address. Documents are submitted to prove co-habitation during the qualifying period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Both.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

a.zaheer
Newly Registered

Post by a.zaheer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi

You have to show both current and previous cohab documents since I am sure you will mention the period that you are staying together while filling in the app form. There is no harm sending them previous cohab documents anyways.

coolsats wrote:Gurus,

I stayed in a property for three years and just moved to a new house three months back. In my previous property I have documents like council tax and other utility bills listing both our[myself+spouse] names.

When i apply for my ILR[Nov 2014] do I need to show the cohabitation documents showing my current address only, or I can show my previous address documents as well.

Please advise Gurus...

Regards....

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:25 pm

'No harm in sending them'? The application would fail if they weren't included!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Casa, Amber & Zaheer, thanks a ton guys....appreciate your kind help..

Can you guys also advise on the below query, and this will sort out my issues:

1. I got my 2nd Tier 1 Visa extended recently and included my daughter born in UK this year and got her extension till 2017.
If MN1 can take couple of months, would you advise including my daughter in the ILR application along with myself and spouse and clear ILR at the same time and then after one year apply for Naturalization.
Or, wise to just do ILR for Myself and Spouse and register the baby using MN1 later after our ILR.

2. Tier 1 General was my First VISA. First time I came to UK was in August 2009, but went back to India in Nov 2009 for some family issues and then returned back in June 2010 and since then till today it has been a continuous stay.

So, When will i be eligible for my ILR. Please advise Guru..

Regards...