ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement: SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aditi.singh
Newly Registered

English Requirement: SET(M)

Post by aditi.singh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:55 am

Hi,

I currently have FLR(M). I applied before July 2012. Before that I was Tier 1 dependent and I switched to FLR(M) when my husband got his ILR.

Now my ILR is due and my current visa is expiring very soon. And I am really confused with the English requirement. Does this rule apply to me as I applied to FLR(M) before July 2012.

Regarding the english requirement:
  • 1. I've got NARIC SoC is that enough? I really dont have time to get ELA from NARIC?

2. Someone told me that using the Points based calculator for showing 10 points for English for my degree (as tier 2 visa for this) should be enough? can someone please confirm? I've read the SET(M) guidance notes and it does talk about points calculator. Issue for me is when I try to use the calculator there is no option for using it for ILR, so I am assuming I've to use some other option.

3. Third option is to get a letter from my college in India that my degree was taught in English. I can get a scanned copy soon and I can get a color print. Will that be enough?
I am using SET(M), hope that is fine.

Can someone please advise?

Many thanks
Aditi

aditi.singh
Newly Registered

Re: English Requirement: SET(M)

Post by aditi.singh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 pm

anyone plz??