ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR family route (before july 2012) maintenance evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

justoday
Newly Registered

ILR family route (before july 2012) maintenance evidence

Post by justoday » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Dear gurus,

I am soon due to apply for ILR - SET (M) under the old family route (I applied for my spouse visa before 9 july 2012 and got it for 2 years). So I am using their "2 year route for settlement" as a spouse of a British husband.
It is not quite clear for me what evidence I should use to prove my income. I am employed as a company director, but the company is not my own, I only receive salaried income (I have payslips, pay NI and everything else as a normal employee).

The company is owned by 2 shareholders (through another company), one of them is my close relative.

According to the new rules (Appendix FM and FM-SE) in this case I would have to provide all the company's documents in addition to my payslips and bank statements (the whole lot, some of it I do not have because I do my own accounts). But since I am applying under the old rules, these Appendices are not relevant. And I cannot quite find what is relevant for me.

I was planning to provide a letter from my employers (in my case the shareholders) about the terms of my employment, my and my husband's payslips and personal bank statements and P60s. But then I discovered these new requirements and the definition of a 'specified limited company'. Before reading that I considered myself an employee and the previous visa FLR(M) was granted without any company's tax returns, accountant's letters etc, just payslips and bank statements.

I am so confused, please, any advice would be appreciated.

sherjan

Re: ILR family route (before july 2012) maintenance evidence

Post by sherjan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Dear

You "applied for your spouse visa before 9 july 2012" and when did you get your visa (I think after 9 July)?

If this is the case then you and me are in confusion mode.

People are saying in this form that those who has been Issued their spouse visa before 9th July then they can qualify for 2 year route "not those who applied before 9th July but got their visa after 9th July 2012" They cannot qualify for 2 years route.

No one answering this question...

justoday
Newly Registered

Post by justoday » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:25 pm

My visa was issued well after the 9th of July, but I still qualify for the 2 year route (otherwise the visa would have been issued for 2.5 years, for example, not 2 years).

Anyway, that's not the question. My question is about the evidence of income under the old rules. Please, somebody help.

justoday
Newly Registered

Post by justoday » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:21 am

In other words, will it be OK under the old rules just show payslips, bank statements and savings for a company director who is a salaried employee?

I went through all the links on gov.uk related to the old settlement route, nothing mentioned about the evidence requirements.

justoday
Newly Registered

Post by justoday » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Any comments guys, please?

I found new 'adequate maintenance' requirements, but I guess they are for those who are exemptions from financial requirements rules, not for those under the old rules before 9th July 12.