ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application on hold due to further enquiries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aleksey
Newly Registered

ILR application on hold due to further enquiries

Post by Aleksey » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:53 am

Hi, need some help!! and calming down pills!!
I'm a British citizen and my wife and her son are from Russia, we have all been living together for 2 years in the UK on a spouse visa, 27 months which expires at the end of this month, we applied for ILR set M application as we had applied prior to 9th july 2012.
I'll try and be brief, We paid for the premium Service and at our appointment yesterday the case worker called us to tell us
"
"The application is valid but there are further Enquiries that need to be made"

Also her English language test was not enough, grade A1, I felt so stupid, she sat this test prior to moving to the UK and I never gave it a thought when applying for ILR,
She said everything else was OK, and that if they did not have to make further Enquiries, the application would have been refused!!!
She was very helpful and said, because these enquiries could take up to 2 weeks, does my wife have any University diplomas that could support the language test,
My wife has A diploma/ degree from a well regarded Moscow University, The case worker then told us to check the guidelines in the government website, has she was not 100%, and check the UK body that recognizes them as equivalent to the UK.

So, after checking the gov website, it appears that Russia is not on the list of Countries that the UK recognizes as similar diploma/ degree equivalents, Is this the case??? Is there any point going down this route??
If we don't succeed, it will be refused
I asked if we could book English test, but application is based on what we supplied, we were told we could not do that either.
It appears the case worker was trying her best, My wifes visa expires at end of month and we are both worried about how little time we have left.
After checking the forum, I noticed others in the same predicament, and they were granted extensions on there visa, do you think this will be the case? and if so, when she passes english test, will it still be Set M application when re-applying?
Sorry for the multiple questions!! and many thanks in advance everyone

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR application on hold due to further enquiries

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Yeah Russian Degrees/Diplomas are not well regarded in UK (or anywhere), due to the amount of cheating that goes on. My (Russian) partner was regaling a story of her going to an exam, 'I made sure I had my pens, pencils, erasers, my cheating things......', so it's not surprising really is it? She got one year exemption for her Russian Degree against a standard UK one....

Even the coveted 'Krasniy Diplom' is so labelled...

Best course of action is to pass a recognised English test ASAP (before visa expires) and attempt to vary the app. by post.

I suspect what will happened is a two-year extension will be granted, not the worst thing in the world but a pain in the popka to be sure....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Aleksey
Newly Registered

Post by Aleksey » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Spasibo Wanderer))
Yeah pain the bum and wallet!!! was thinking about booking test asap and trying that route, though case worker was negative about that route!!!! do you think we should still try??? They have her passport, docs required for sitting Test?? Will Photocopy do for test?
Also will it still be set M application on extended visa? oh and by the way my zhena did not cheat in her diploma,eh wait a minute, shes just told me she did Lol spasibo za vsyo

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Aleksey

I need to ask you about 2 years route. My wife applied her visa in Pakistan before 9th July 2012. She applied 5th July. Now we are planning to apply for ILR after two years but we need to be more confident before we apply.

Did your wife applied her initial visa in Russia? Did they say anything about 9th July 2012 and 2 years route when you went to PEO? Did PEO accept your justification that she applied her visa before 9th of July 2012? #Thanks

Sherjan