ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal record and applying for ILR - Need confirmation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

worried_person
Newly Registered

Criminal record and applying for ILR - Need confirmation

Post by worried_person » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:29 am

Dear Fellows,

I am on Tier1 visa I was suppose to apply in Jan 2015 for ILR but due to silly mistake I got public disorder conviction on 2nd week of December 2014. Went to court pleaded guilty and got fine. As I understand from reading several sites including UKBA that for the purpose of ILR application I have to wait 24 months (2 years) before I can apply for ILR. Although newly amended ROA states the conviction becomes spent after a year.

Can some confirm my understanding? Or do I have to apply for extension?

Also if I had to wait 2 years from 10th December 2014 to 10 December 2016 then I will be eligible to apply for ILR either on 10 years residency or Tier 1 to ILR. I came to UK in November 2006 through HSMP.

Also I am keen to speak to immigration practitioner who is kind enough to speak to me for initial advice considering complete history. If anyone kind enough then kindly PM me.

Thanks for your help in advance.

ssidd

Re: Criminal record and applying for ILR - Need confirmation

Post by ssidd » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:37 am

Dear Fellow,

Check your DBS, if it is recorded there then there is no point to go ahead with ILR application and you have to wait for 24 months from date of conviction not date of offence. During these two years you will be not eligible to apply for ILR on any route even on long stay.

BW
Sidd
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

pabloesc
Newly Registered

Re: Criminal record and applying for ILR - Need confirmation

Post by pabloesc » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:49 pm

Immigration rules are exempt from some of the provisions of the 2012 Act on Sentencing and Punishing of offenders. So even if your conviction is "spent" you would still need to satisfy the conditions for "good character" as stated in the immigration rules.