ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR when unemployed (Redundant)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alxale

Applying ILR when unemployed (Redundant)

Post by alxale » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:52 am

Hi All,
Do any of you have any experience or advice regarding applying for ILR when umemployed ?

My ILR application is coming soon (in June) but my company is going through a large scale redundancy and I fear that I may be selected. I do have enough points to qualify for ILR even if made redundant.

Will it affect my ILR applidation when at the time of applying, I am unemployed and looking for a job. I am on Tier 1 General (not HSMP)

I see that those applying under HSMP Jr need to show that they are economically active at the time of application.. but this is not stated to those on Tier 1 General . However there is a section in SET(O) that is tricky

5.3 Are you working in the UK? Yes No If so, what is your pay
each month after income
tax and other deductions?

If unemployed, the answer for this would be NO and £0

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Alex

silk route

Re: Applying ILR when unemployed (Redundant)

Post by silk route » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:20 pm

alxale wrote:Hi All,
Do any of you have any experience or advice regarding applying for ILR when umemployed ?

My ILR application is coming soon (in June) but my company is going through a large scale redundancy and I fear that I may be selected. I do have enough points to qualify for ILR even if made redundant.

Will it affect my ILR applidation when at the time of applying, I am unemployed and looking for a job. I am on Tier 1 General (not HSMP)

I see that those applying under HSMP Jr need to show that they are economically active at the time of application.. but this is not stated to those on Tier 1 General . However there is a section in SET(O) that is tricky

5.3 Are you working in the UK? Yes No If so, what is your pay
each month after income
tax and other deductions?

If unemployed, the answer for this would be NO and £0

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Alex
Hi Alex,
I am in the same boat. My ILR due in Aug. Did you get ILR whilst unemployed? What did you mentioned in section-5.3? Please advice.