ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Queries: Please spare just Five minutes guys...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

k_tier1

ILR Queries: Please spare just Five minutes guys...

Post by k_tier1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:56 am

Hi,

I'm an IT Contractor working thru my own Limited Company. I have a PEO appointment at Solihull in the coming week for ILR (thru Tier1 (General) route) and still unclear about the following queries;
Q1. Set (O) form>> Section 5: Your Home and Finances>> 5.3: ''what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?''
How to calculate this when you receive your income thru both Salary and Dividend (pleae note that i have taken only two Dividends in the last one year).

Q2. Set (O) form>> Section 7: Personal History>> 7.11: ''How long have you lived in the UK?... Please provide details of absence of more than six months during that time''
My understanding from this question is that i should include all my stay in the UK irrespective of it's relevance to ILR eligibility thru
5 year Tier 1 (General) Visa category. If this is right;
I'm here in the UK since 2006 (2.5 years on Student Visa + 2 years (27 Jun 2008 - 03 Jun 2010) on 'Participant of Fresh Talent Working in Scotland(FTS)' Visa + Tier 1 (General) from 16 April 2010, granted as per the rules in place before 6th April 2010) but has a CONTINUOUS absence of 6 months and 25 days (from 17 July 2008 To 11 Feb 2009) when i was on FTS Visa because of family issues back home/IT training...
Please let me know whether this long absence on FTS Visa in any way affect my application if i state my ''Reason for absence'' as ''Family Visit/IT training'' and should i submit any supporting documents in this regard...

Q3. Even though i have enough points for ILR, my earnings this time around are approx. £2000 less than what i showed for my Tier 1 extension; You guys ever heard about any issues with CWs related to this particular issue before?

Please Please guys... if you can answer the above please reply... i may not thank you in person but can't explain in words how valuable your advice to me is and how many hundreds of times i thank you in my heart for your help...

Please help me, Thank you very much for reading my post even if you can't reply...

Kind regards
k_tier1
Last edited by k_tier1 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gbhsmp

Re: ILR: Please spare just Five minutes guys...

Post by gbhsmp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi,

a max if 180 days is allowed per year each year calculated from the date of application backwards.
If your date of application leads to the 6 month absence broken across 2 years then the 180 day rule will not apply.
You did not specify the dates when you were away.
I will try to explain crudely how this works (may be someone else can give some more refined information on this )
Say you were absent from Jan 2010 to June 2010
and if you are applying in march 2015, then, the 180 days will get broken into 2x90 days one part falling under the
Mar 2009-mar 2010 period
and other in
Mar 2010-Mar 2011 period
Thus if within those periods the total amount of days outside UK is less than 180 then there is no problem at all.
You must however have some good explanation on family issue backed preferably with some document which correlates with the absence period (this can be anything authentic). In most of the cases UKBA doesnt care to ask about the absences but sometimes they may ask. Better be prepared than to be surprised and paniced. I have not gone through all of the posts in the forum but UKBA asking for documents supporting reason for leave and rejecting based on leave days is extremely rare IMO.

I am sorry I dont know how the limited company salary and dividents work but I guess you have to show dividents to cover the period which accounts for profit your have has made n your behalf. Many in the forum may be able to help.

k_tier1

Re: ILR Queries: Spare just Five minutes guys...

Post by k_tier1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi gbhsmp,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm very sorry to say this gbhsmp, i tried hard but haven't understood the breakdown explanation regarding that 180 days absence; now i have edited my post with all To/From dates and accurate information.

Could you please look into my post that has all the information you need and help me with your answer again please...

Thank you very very much once again.

k_tier1
Last edited by k_tier1 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

c0ntract0r
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Queries: Please spare just Five minutes guys...

Post by c0ntract0r » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi K_tier1,
since your continuous absence of more than 6 months does not fall within the 5 year criteria for ILR eligibility , in my opinion you do not need to worry about it. Maybe a senior member can confirm that.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi c0ntract0r,

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm also hoping that it's not going to be a problem but a little assurance from Gurus/Diamond members/Senior members is of great relief... Could you please help me on my other questions too if you can please...

Please Gurus/Diamond members/Senior members or any out there who can help me on questions in my original post, Please Please reply...

time is running out for me, i desperately looking for some help in the forum here...please guys, just brief replies to my questions are fine.

Thank you very very much once again for one and all for your time and help.

k_tier1
Last edited by k_tier1 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

gbhsmp

Post by gbhsmp » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:32 am

5 year Tier 1 (General) Visa category. If this is right;
I'm here in the UK since 2006 (2.5 years on Student Visa + 2 years (27 Jun 2008 - 03 Jun 2010) on 'Participant of Fresh Talent Working in Scotland(FTS)' Visa + Tier 1 (General) from 16 April 2010, granted as per the rules in place before 6th April 2010) but has a CONTINUOUS absence of 6 months and 25 days (from 17 July 2008 To 11 Feb 2009) when i was on FTS Visa because of family issues back home/IT training...
Looking at the 6 months absence of yours, the absnece was on 11-feb-2009 and you are applying in (say) May 2015,
Backtracking 5 years is June 2010. Your absence lies beyond this period and so these absences do not fall under the 5 year period. You need not even mention (mentioning them even does not harm since they do not fall inside the 5 year rule) them since they do not come inside the 5 year period.
IMO you must be absolutely fine with your application AFA the 7 July 2008 To 11 Feb 2009 absence is concerned since you are applying after 11 feb 2015.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:14 am

Hi gbhsmp,

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm also hoping that it won't be a problem, looking for some help on other questions too from members who have knowledge on them. Hope some one like you with a helpful heart helps.

Thanks again gbhsmp.

k_tier1