ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Qualification in 04/2015 Set(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anandpathak

Re: English Qualification in 04/2015 Set(O) form

Post by anandpathak » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi All,

UKBA released another version of the Set (0) form but the confusion continues in the new version 05/15 .
More main and more uncertainties for us.

there are other documents posted on UKBA website which tells that we need not submit NARIC application and evidence previously submitted for Tier 1 extensions would be sufficient to prove English language requirement for ILR but I am disappointed why they have not incorporated these changes in the new version of application Form and are we suppose to Carry printout of all these Scattered UKBA Addendums /appendix along with us to stop the Case worker taking incorrect decisions.

Cheers
Anand

engrwaq
Newly Registered

ILR_TIER 1 G_English Language Requirement

Post by engrwaq » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi guys ...your suggestions are sought

I will be applying for ILR by end of June'15. I am not pretty clear on English language requirement.

I was given 10 points for English language requirement (based on my B.Sc Civil engineering degree and English language certificate from UET LAHORE) during entry clearance and further leave to remain. My university is in the list of approved NARIC university and secure 30 points on PBS for qualification.

As the new ILR application form has no provision to tick the box saying "English language requirement met in previous application", I applied to NARIC for level of English language assessment. I was shocked to see the result that degree is equivalent to level B1 but not C1 of CEFR. I believe it's the level C1 which is required for tier1 ILR. I am surprised as I was given 30 and 10 points (in June ,14 for further leave to remain) attributed to my degree for qualification and English language.

Please share your opinion guys ...that would be much appreciated

Thanks

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:30 am

ILR21 wrote:Hi All,

I have a some clarification from SettlementOpsPolicy. Its looks like NARIC letter is not mandatory and PBS printout for Tier2(General) along with the degree certificte will suffice the language requirement. See below the email transcript --

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
My original request -
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am applying for ILR at a PEO on 10th April under Tier1 General route.

May I request clarification on how to meet the KOLL requirements, in particular the knowledge of English Language for ILR after changes to the application form and the online PBS calculator since 6th April 2015.

Could you please clarify the following -

1. The old application form had the following option for section 4.3 -
"A degree taught or researched in English", which isnt there in the new application form.

The new online PBS calculator (since 6th April 2015) no longer has a Tier1 General Option.

So if one of the means of proving the language requirement before 6th April 2015, was to supply the degree certificate and a printout of the PBS calculator, what is the acceptable corresponding approach to prove English Language requirement with the new application form?

2. Alternatively, as I had booked my appointment before the new application form was rolled out (wef 6th April 2010), Is it acceptable to make an application using the old application form in use before 6th April 2015.

Many Thanks.
Kind Regards

Reply from HomeOffice -

Thank you for your e-mail.

If you have already booked a Premium Service appointment the fee for your application will be the one that was in place when you made the appointment.

You should use the new version of the application form which is available on our website.

You also asked about using the Points Based calculator to show your level of English to apply for settlement.

As you are aware, the Tier 1 General route closed on 6 April. Please follow the process below to determine whether your degree is acceptable for Settlement and Nationality.

1. Tier dropdown: select Tier 2 (Skilled workers);
Category drop-down: select Tier 2 (General); ‘Where are you applying from?’ question: select Outside the United Kingdom (this is the quickest way to get to the required stage in the system)

2. In the following ‘Sponsorship’ and ‘Salary’ stages select either Yes or No; (doesn’t matter which)

3. In the ‘English skills’ stage, select "I have a UK Bachelor degree-equivalent qualification (or above) that was taught in English"

4. Enter details of the qualification in the following drop-down lists, up to and including ‘Year of award’

5. In the table displayed on the next screen, check the Points for English language column:

a. If 10 points are displayed, the qualification has been deemed by UK NARIC to be academically equivalent to a UK Bachelor degree or higher and to have been taught in English;

b. If zero points are displayed, the qualification may either have been deemed to be below UK Bachelor degree level, or not taught in English, or both.

I hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,

Jane Whitehead

Jane Whitehead
Nationality and Settlement Operational Policy, Immigration & Border Policy, Home Office

I plan to take a printout of this email communication for just in case there are any issues at the PEO.

Good Luck All :)
Hi ILR21

Have you applied using the above points and hope you're application is successful? Could you advise us as it will be really helpful for us to submit the applications.

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:10 pm

anandpathak wrote:Hi All,

UKBA released another version of the Set (0) form but the confusion continues in the new version 05/15 .
More main and more uncertainties for us.

there are other documents posted on UKBA website which tells that we need not submit NARIC application and evidence previously submitted for Tier 1 extensions would be sufficient to prove English language requirement for ILR but I am disappointed why they have not incorporated these changes in the new version of application Form and are we suppose to Carry printout of all these Scattered UKBA Addendums /appendix along with us to stop the Case worker taking incorrect decisions.

Cheers
Anand
I would like to provide an update that my ILR application got successful at PEO without any issue.
I had submitted PBS printout for me and my dependent spouse using tier 2 option instead of Tier 1 and original degree certificate.
I got my ILR approval same day and got my BRP after 5 days
Good luck to all.
Now the countdown for Citizenship starts :)