ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOES REDUNDANCY AFFECT ILR??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amiya

DOES REDUNDANCY AFFECT ILR??

Post by Amiya » Tue May 26, 2015 10:12 am

Hi,
I am going for my ILR next month. I can score the required points too. My concern is I am redundant for past 6 months. Will it affect my ILR application??

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.
Amiya

nks

Re: DOES REDUNDANCY AFFECT ILR??

Post by nks » Tue May 26, 2015 11:30 am

What visa are you on?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:34 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue May 26, 2015 11:56 am

..and No, being without a job for the past 6 months should not affect your ILR application as long as you satisfy the points required for earnings. Note: Your earnings should have been within the 12 months out of 15 months prior to ILR application date.
Cheers,
OR

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Tue May 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Call me a pessimistic but here is my viewpoint. Tier-1 General, the purpose of it for to attract highly skilled talent into UK without a job offer. For ILR application yes it is a earnings based calculator but effectively they are gauging you by "how much economically you have been active over the last 5years " as in how much you have contributed to the UK economy through your income tax. So in this perspective if your application shows up as out of job for last 6months immediate to the application, it could be argued both ways.
But do you have an alternative other than this? This is for you to decide.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Tue May 26, 2015 5:58 pm

I am Tier 1..

Yes, what you said is right. That's what my worry is and the reason for putting this query. But for last 5 yrs we have already contributed. I have been working as a contractor through my own ltd. company. In fact, I have been paid thru my ltd. company until 31 Mar 2015. Only last 2 months (Apr/May) not been paid. As my ltd. company is concerned, I have not earned for past 6 months.

Meeting the earning threshold though.

your thoguhts please.

Amiya

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Tue May 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Hello Amiya,
If you are able to show that your earnings get you the qualifying points for the 9months in the continuous 12month period, then there is no issue. the remaining 4.5 years P60 will justify your economic activity.

nks

Post by nks » Tue May 26, 2015 6:25 pm

devp wrote:Call me a pessimistic but here is my viewpoint. Tier-1 General, the purpose of it for to attract highly skilled talent into UK without a job offer. For ILR application yes it is a earnings based calculator but effectively they are gauging you by "how much economically you have been active over the last 5years " as in how much you have contributed to the UK economy through your income tax. So in this perspective if your application shows up as out of job for last 6months immediate to the application, it could be argued both ways.
But do you have an alternative other than this? This is for you to decide.
Any documentary evidence to support your theory? You need to meet income criterion at initial application, then again on extension and then at time of ILR. In my opinion, that is all documented process and nowhere I reckon seeing requirement for continuous employment for ilr for tier 1. Correct me if I am wrong.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Tue May 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Many thanks devp & nks..

As long as we meet the points against the attributes to qualify it must be ok. As per devp's theory, now is home office going to ask me "if I am unemployed for last 6 months how am I going to support self and family without recourse to public funds". Are they going to see how much savings I have and all these??

I am asking these questions to prepare myself if such situation arises.

Your thoguhts please..

Thanks

silk route

Post by silk route » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:13 pm

Amiya wrote:Many thanks devp & nks..

As long as we meet the points against the attributes to qualify it must be ok. As per devp's theory, now is home office going to ask me "if I am unemployed for last 6 months how am I going to support self and family without recourse to public funds". Are they going to see how much savings I have and all these??

I am asking these questions to prepare myself if such situation arises.

Your thoguhts please..

Thanks

Hi Amiya, Did you get ILR ? I am in the same boat...