ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(o) application form - Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

qhussain

SET(o) application form - Question

Post by qhussain » Wed May 27, 2015 10:32 am

Dear Forum Members,

I have a doubt about the below questions in ILR SET(O) Application form:

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

7.11. How long have you lived in the UK? Years: months:

I first came to UK (Tier 1 General)on 20th April 2009 and left UK after two weeks on 5th May 2009, I then came to UK on 25th June 2010 and has been in UK since then(I had few vacations out of UK but all less than 1 or 2 months) .

I completed the SET(o) form with 6.1: 25/06/2010 & 7.11: 4 years 11 months.

I got my SET(o) application form and document checked with a solicitor, He is suggesting me to put 6.1: 20/04/2009 & 7.11: 6 years 1 month.

I am not too sure about this, so wanted to check with you guys, any one in similar situation?

kommsu

Re: SET(o) application form - Question

Post by kommsu » Wed May 27, 2015 10:49 am

Hi qhussain,

6.1: 20/04/2009 is correct in my opinion ,
I would suggest 7.11: 4 years 11 month (based on your Peo date to 25th June 2010 + 2 weeks (initial stay) , I hope this doesn't impact much on your application , I put only 4 years 9 months in my appliation and got my ILR on 16/05/2015 ) .
Hope this helps , let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
kommsu

varunchadha2583

Post by varunchadha2583 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:44 pm

I think following but would let seniors confirm:-

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

25th June 2010(as your application is based on this date)

I first came to UK (Tier 1 General)on 20th April 2009 and left UK after two weeks on 5th May 2009, I then came to UK on 25th June 2010 and has been in UK since then(I had few vacations out of UK but all less than 1 or 2 months) .

4 years 11 months

I had a successful ILR on Tuesday 26th May and my entry date was different then the eligibility date so had used eligibility date for all calculations.

safatafa
Member of Standing

Post by safatafa » Thu May 28, 2015 12:47 pm

agree with varunchadha2583

onionw
Newly Registered

Post by onionw » Fri May 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi,

i have similar question like above.

i entered the UK since 07/2004 which was my first time as student, and I changed my visa type from student to Tier 2 G in 07/2010 inside the UK. so i wonder what date I should answer for question 6.1?

07/2004 or first holiday i took after getting Tier 2 G, e.g. 12/2010?

Thanks for anyone who can help

onionw
Newly Registered

Post by onionw » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:56 pm

any thought on my above questoin

rukmesh

Post by rukmesh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:22 pm

This is what I think it is. Seniors, please correct if wrong.

The form says
-----------------
-----------------

If you are applying for ILR on the basis of Tier 2 General then your starting of visa (if you switched in the country) or your first entry date (if you switched outside and came back) would be this date. I hope this makes things a little clear for you.

onionw
Newly Registered

Post by onionw » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:18 pm

thanks rukmesh

aubajwa

Post by aubajwa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:05 pm

qhussain wrote:Dear Forum Members,

I have a doubt about the below questions in ILR SET(O) Application form:

I completed the SET(o) form with 6.1: 25/06/2010 & 7.11: 4 years 11 months.

I got my SET(o) application form and document checked with a solicitor, He is suggesting me to put 6.1: 20/04/2009 & 7.11: 6 years 1 month.

I am not too sure about this, so wanted to check with you guys, any one in similar situation?
Hello qhussain,

Congratulations on getting ILR.

Can you please confirm what you put in section 6.1, first entry
and 7.11, how long u have lived in UK?

Regards,
Asmat

hinasohrab
Newly Registered

Post by hinasohrab » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi,

Congratulations for your ILR. Can you please assist in the following:

I have to apply for ILR next month. I was self employed for first four years on Tier 1 General and am a Director of my own company in the latest year. Can you please assist in follwoing queries in my case:

1) Absence: What shall I tick in section 6.3: Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling and compassionate reasons or Other or leave it blank? (my visits were just family visits and not compelling or compassionate ones).

2)Page 31 says that you may provide any other information that can help to support your application -> My husband works full time and has dependant visa being myself main applicant. Would it be good to mention that he is working and providing evidence of his employment?

3)Page 71 : 12L ->where it says you must provide the following documents:
Evidence specified in section 9A of this form - I am ok to check the box against it.
For the period before you were granted leave as Tier 1 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules....I am on Tier 1 since my first entry clearnace. Shall I leave this checkbox blank?

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thanks,
Hina Sohrab

aubajwa

Post by aubajwa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 am

Hello Hina,

As per my understanding; see the response below:

1) You need to provide evidence for your absences by providing a letter and stating the reasons for absences outside the UK. Ideally the absences shall be linked to your business; but if not; just state 'Holiday'.
I hope the absences are not more than 30 weekdays in a year.

2) There is no requirement for dependent employment and income to be shown on ILR form.
If u r to provide such information which section u will fill in?
However if I were you I would take all his employment records on the day of appointment and provide them if they ask.

3) Tick bothe boxes. Your Tier 1 visas basically becomes documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of Tier 1 General immigration category before.

Thanks
Asmat