ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant ILR - Cohabitation mandatory proofs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tot

PBS Dependant ILR - Cohabitation mandatory proofs

Post by tot » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Hello there,

For Cohabitation proof for my spouse I have :

1. Council Bills with my and my spouses name printed on yearly bills for 3 years
2. Electricity Bills printed with both our names again for 3 years.

Thats it, do i need more documentation proof for cohabitation?

I dont have rent agreement with both names on it, it just has my name on it.
Also no bank statements for my wifes bank account. We do have a account opening letter though.

Does this look like an issues??

Please suggest (any link to previous discussions will help too..)

Many thanks,
tot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cohabitation mandatory proofs

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Any documents covering the relevant period which are addressed to both of you jointly or each of you separately, like NHS letters, HMRC letter, Home Office letters, Sky TV, TV Licence, mobile phone bills, national insurance letters, anything from a bank, etc.

What application is it for? Tier 1 Dependent or FLR(M)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tot

Post by tot » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks for replying, the application is for Tier1 Dependent set (O) ILR.

The document list which you mentioned unfortunately we do not really have them. The only similar documents we have is :
01. Electricity Bills
02. Council Bills

As my spouse was not working, until couple of months, we do not have bank statements or hmrc docs.
We may have few odd letters from NHS but nothing that is regular, only on few occasions.

Do you think that can be a issue?

Many thanks!

tot

Post by tot » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:15 am

Okay I found this link here : http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 75708.html

It says I should be ok if I have odd letter dated from last couple of years...so I don't necessarily need regular letters for past couple of years, right?

We might have few odd letters from NHS for past and few recent letters from voters registration from council.

Of course along with the other two I mentioned earlier, does that sound alright?

Many thanks again!

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:19 am

You can ask your

1. GP to provide a letter that you and your wife are registered from so and so date and residing at this Address
2. You can ask the Electoral office of your council for similar

Both are chargeable but it would be good if you really require to show.

may be others can help with any suggestions.

Cheers
Nikki

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:34 am

tot wrote:Okay I found this link here : http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 75708.html

It says I should be ok if I have odd letter dated from last couple of years...so I don't necessarily need regular letters for past couple of years, right?

We might have few odd letters from NHS for past and few recent letters from voters registration from council.

Of course along with the other two I mentioned earlier, does that sound alright?

Many thanks again!
Yes.You only need 6 pieces of evidence covering the full period. One letter or bill etc every 4 months or so. If you don't have any in joint names, then submit 12 in single names. These need to be from 3 different sources and can include the NHS and other letters you mention. Anything with a name and post code will be acceptable.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tot

Post by tot » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi there,

Does this appear to be just alright?
Please any pointers will be appreciated, Thanks!
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (174.16 KiB) Viewed 2420 times

tot

Post by tot » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi there,

So basically Main Applicant has Proof's from 4 different sources :
01. Council Annual Bills (in Joint names) [3 Bills covering 24 months]
02. Energy Quarter Bills (in Joint names) [8 Bills covering 24 months]
03. Tenancy Agreement [3 Agreements covering 24 months]
04. Bank Statements [9 Statements covering 24 months]

And Dependent from 3 different sources :
01. Council Annual Bills (in Joint names) [3 Bills covering 24 months]
02. Energy Quarter Bills (in Joint names) [8 Bills covering 24 months]
03. NHS Letter [1 Letter covering 24 months]

tot

Post by tot » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi there... Can anyone please sign off / flag issues if any for the list above?

Also I was issues Tier1 General 2+3. Therefore do we need all cohabitation for 2 or 3 years?

Thanks in advance!

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:04 pm

tot wrote: Also I was issues Tier1 General 2+3. Therefore do we need all cohabitation for 2 or 3 years?
It is two years.

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi,

Rest assured, your list of documents is more than enough. All I provided along with my sucessful Set O application last monty was 1 council bill for year 1 and joint bank statements (provided as part of earnings proof) for year 2.

The requirement for "3 different sources" is NOT relevant when you apply for a dependent visa on Set O. That specific requirement noted below is only is your dependent is applying separately using the FLR_M form.

FROM THE FLR_M FORM
"Note 9 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals. Photocopies are not acceptable. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you."

Good luck,

Kala

tot

Post by tot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks everyone for clarifying my queries. :)