ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Long Residence But Missing Visa Dates !!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HassanAli
Newly Registered

10 Years Long Residence But Missing Visa Dates !!!

Post by HassanAli » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Everyone, this forum has always been very helpful and i hope i will get some help regarding my query today as well. I am completing my 10 year long residency this month and will be going for Premium Service for ILR. Summary of my long residence is -> Came as student in 2005 and then had Psw in Januray 2011 and then Tier1 Ent in 2014. My enquiry is regarding my student visa extension in 2010 which i was granted for about ten month until i got my psw in 2011. Unfortuantely, i cant find the copy of that student visa extension or the dates it was given from to expiry. Hence i am a bit confused about writing the time line for this visa on the chronological time sheet of my student visa extensions and stuff. I also want to clarify here that "I never overstayed over the time of my visa and never had any appeals filed outside 28 day time slot"
Can any one please suggests my options as " how to address this problem as its just a matter of not finding the documents" (which seems to be lost on a heap of visa documents over 10 year stay)? Also , how effective is it to take a legal representative with me on the date of appointment to the home office ? I know its going to add a figure to the total cost of same day service at the end of the day but does it worth it ??? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated and good luck to all of you for your projects !!! :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 Years Long Residence But Missing Visa Dates !!!

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Is the visa not in one of your passports??

It will not make much difference to have a legal representative.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:48 pm

CR001 wrote:Is the visa not in one of your passports??

It will not make much difference to have a legal representative.
Hi CR001, thanks a lot for a very prompt reply (which i see almost always and envy in your responses :) ) , the visa was granted on that biometric residence permit card back in 2010 and i remember going for the biometric registration thing to one of the home office's centre. It was taken back by home office when i went for the same day window service at croydon office for my PSW visa after my degree. But unfortunately i cant find any photocopy of that visa permit or the letter etc confirming the dates it was granted from till expiry. I am sure home office must have everything in their system and they can verify the dates and stuff but i am a bit confused how to address this problem when going to premium service for my ILR :(
Also i remember going with a solicitor for the same day window service to croydon office when i applied my PSW back in 2011 and he merely did nothing apart from handling documents through that window to case worker and saying hello hi :? Hence i asked is it worth getting some legal representative with me now or need not to worry about one :) But your reply satisfies his value during the process ! But i am quite worried about that missing/not-remembering the student visa dates back in 2010 :( Is there something i can do about it !!! Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:51 pm

Do you have any old emails confirming your PEO appointment date?

You could also apply for a Subject Access Request from HO and it will detail your full immigration history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:14 am

CR001 wrote:Do you have any old emails confirming your PEO appointment date?

You could also apply for a Subject Access Request from HO and it will detail your full immigration history.
Thanks CR001, checked my emails in detail and cant find any old communication for that particular visa! Will have to request for a SAR . But i have read in this forum that it takes around 2-3 months ! So i need to work out if there is any other way of getting around it !

Dantean

Post by Dantean » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:12 pm

I requested a SAR on 8 May 2015 and it was sent 12 June 2015, so just over 1 month. The cost is only £10 and it may take less time than 2 to 3 months, so you might request it while you search for another way to verify the dates.