ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New SET O Form - English Language Qualification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aubajwa

New SET O Form - English Language Qualification

Post by aubajwa » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:19 am

Hello,

In the new SET O Form, version August 2015:

The options for English language qualifications are gives on page 15 as below:

• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR

• An ESOL qualification at Entry Level 3, Level 1 or Level 2 , that includes speaking and listening which has been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland; OR

• A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCFQ) levels 4, 5 or 6, awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA); OR

• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than
Canada); OR

▪ You are a national of a majority English speaking country
(as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

I have done MSc Oil and Gas Engineering from 'The Robert Gordon University'.
Technically speaking I am not able to understand which option shall I tick.

Can anybody please help me on this.

Regards,
Asmat

noajthan

Re: New SET O Form - English Language Qualification

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:00 pm

aubajwa wrote:Hello,

In the new SET O Form, version August 2015:

The options for English language qualifications are gives on page 15 as below:

• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR

• An ESOL qualification at Entry Level 3, Level 1 or Level 2 , that includes speaking and listening which has been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland; OR

• A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCFQ) levels 4, 5 or 6, awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA); OR

• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than
Canada); OR

(as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

I have done MSc Oil and Gas Engineering from 'The Robert Gordon University'.
Technically speaking I am not able to understand which option shall I tick.

Can anybody please help me on this.

Regards,
Asmat
Assuming you are not exempt by age or infirmity, are you from a majority English speaking country?
If so, it's this one:

If not, was your degree studied in the medium of English?
If so, it's this one:
• An academic qualification ...
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.