ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late Police Registration - Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

square189

Late Police Registration - Please help

Post by square189 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Hello,

I am currently on Tier2 Visa General. Back in 2010, I got my Tier1 PSW, and I forgot to register with the police when I got my PSW back then (I was never required to register with the police before getting my PSW). When I applied for my Tier2 in 2012, the home office notified me that they do require the police certificate for my application, so I had to go and register for the first time. I was very nervous at that time, I was quite late, and it was an honest mistake. I did get my Police Certificate, but it had 'Late Registration' stamped on it. Other than that, I didn't get any warnings or was required to pay extra fees. And I did get my Tier 2 visa, and a few days back I applied for my Tier 2 visa extension, and my application was successful with no issues.

I have only had this 'Late Registration' stamped once on my Police Certificate, and since then, I have always updated my PC with any new changes. I was reading the ILR requirements today, and I am not sure if this is a big issue or not. I am due to apply for my ILR in two years from now, but I am quite worried now. I have been here since 2009, and I have to wait for two more years to apply for my ILR. Getting refused because I overlooked the registration will be a problem for me. Please help me, is this warning on my police certification an issue? will my ILR application get refused because of this one stamp?

Is there any way to resolve this? Like apply for another police certificate or go and talk with the local police office and see if they can forgive me or not. I have always kept my certificate up to date after that, and I really never intended to break the law or anything. Please let me know what do you think. Thank you.

geriatrix

Re: Late Police Registration - Please help

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Nothing to worry about.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

square189

Post by square189 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, but can you please confirm that. It is mentioned here on pg 24:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4v23_0.pdf that failure to register with the police could be a reason for refusal. Your help and clarification is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:46 pm

square189 wrote:Thank you so much for your reply, but can you please confirm that. It is mentioned here on pg 24:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4v23_0.pdf that failure to register with the police could be a reason for refusal. Your help and clarification is very much appreciated. Thank you.
My better half forgot to tell the Police of her change of address for ages when she was on student visa, copper was fine with it - tend to think that they've not a clue why they have to do this (first time the chap had no clue about it) and don't really see it as a hanging offence so they just stamp it as ok.

Don't worry about it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:42 am

I had a friend who doesn't have the latest address on her paper . She got ILR with a friendly reminder that she needs to visit to PS soon to update it . It wont be a problem.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:41 am

square189 wrote:Thank you so much for your reply, but can you please confirm that. It is mentioned here on pg 24:
Failure to register is not same as late first registration many years ago. Or is it?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

square189

Post by square189 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, that is the thing, I am a bit confused on the difference between failure to register and that I forgot to register for two years while I was on psw. Thanks.