ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applyed on tier 1 Home offe asking last 5 years sa302

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guaravd

Re: ILR applyed on tier 1 Home offe asking last 5 years sa30

Post by guaravd » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:27 am

kapil007 wrote:
bluecandi wrote:Its not UKBA place to say anything about your tax affairs.

Accounting errors , loss in business, mistakes while filing return etc anything could happen.

Once you have sent your amended returns to HMRC , UKBA cant refuse you on any basis.

I sent my amendments in Aug and still waiting.
I have sent ammended returns to hmrc in September and HO has given me time till January 2nd, there is no wat I can gat sa302 in time & Visa expires on jan 15 don't know what to do. :(
Hi Kapil
I am not sure if you or your account is aware of this fact that even if hmrc has updated their records with amendment they do not update the SA302. Your SA302 will still reflect the old income. Once the tax records are update hmrc will send you a separate calculation sheet confirming the amendment amount and tax due againts it. The SA302 will never be updated. Looking at your situation I will second bluecandi's suggestion here.

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:37 am

If anyone making ILR application on 10 year basis and his/her last 5 years were Tier 1 General or mix of Tier1/Tier2 .. UKBA will ask for this tax history.

They just want to collect money people didnt give them in last five years :lol: .... There are hundreds of people in same boat.

When you will make application on 10year basis they will call you for interview anyway and will ask you the reasons for withdrawing the earlier application.

kapil007
Newly Registered

Post by kapil007 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:45 am

bluecandi wrote:If anyone making ILR application on 10 year basis and his/her last 5 years were Tier 1 General or mix of Tier1/Tier2 .. UKBA will ask for this tax history.

They just want to collect money people didnt give them in last five years :lol: .... There are hundreds of people in same boat.

When you will make application on 10year basis they will call you for interview anyway and will ask you the reasons for withdrawing the earlier application.

I know they will check my tex status, that's why I will send by post I will get some more time & they will know why I withdrawn my application earlier. I am going to sent HO a letter requesting that the time they have given is not enough to receive documents from hmrc. Therefore, I am withdrawing my application once I have required documents I will reapply.

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:49 am

I have ammended & paid all due taxes for 2009-10, 2010-11 & 2011-12 now its up to hmrc they accept it or not if do how long it takes.[/quote]

I got done my 10/11 and its roughly took 5 months, and in your case its 9/10 as well so this would take Dame amount of time or may be further longer..
Blocked Username

kapil007
Newly Registered

Post by kapil007 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:53 am

Blocked Username wrote:I have ammended & paid all due taxes for 2009-10, 2010-11 & 2011-12 now its up to hmrc they accept it or not if do how long it takes.
I got done my 10/11 and its roughly took 5 months, and in your case its 9/10 as well so this would take Dame amount of time or may be further longer..[/quote]

Hi, what did you received from hmrc ? updated sa302 or letter with ammendment? Is ir updated in there system can HO also check it ?

kapil007
Newly Registered

Post by kapil007 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:02 am

guaravd wrote:
kapil007 wrote:
bluecandi wrote:Its not UKBA place to say anything about your tax affairs.

Accounting errors , loss in business, mistakes while filing return etc anything could happen.

Once you have sent your amended returns to HMRC , UKBA cant refuse you on any basis.

I sent my amendments in Aug and still waiting.
I have sent ammended returns to hmrc in September and HO has given me time till January 2nd, there is no wat I can gat sa302 in time & Visa expires on jan 15 don't know what to do. :(
Hi Kapil
I am not sure if you or your account is aware of this fact that even if hmrc has updated their records with amendment they do not update the SA302. Your SA302 will still reflect the old income. Once the tax records are update hmrc will send you a separate calculation sheet confirming the amendment amount and tax due againts it. The SA302 will never be updated. Looking at your situation I will second bluecandi's suggestion here.
Hi Gaurav, So basically we have to wait for calculation sheet from hmrc not the sa302, because as you mentioned sa302 will not be updated. Will HO accept it ? If they see ammendment been done only for visa purpose will they not refuse the application ?

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:06 am

When I called HMRC , even the supervisor said SA302 will be updated with calculations.

I find it silly when SA302 not updated when tax amount is. There is no law or rule stated that SA302 shouldnt be updated. Its on the discretion of the HMRC.

I will send a letter through barrister if they didnt update SA302, i am paying them taxes and its my right that all my documentation should be in correct order. I wont accept old SA302.

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:08 am

Hi, what did you received from hmrc ? updated sa302 or letter with ammendment? Is ir updated in there system can HO also check it ?[/quote]

I received a new tax calculations plus a letter saying that they did this under further self assessment with also stating this that amendment were not possible due to the I informed them late, however I have also received a very similar to the SA302 kind of letter as well, I rang them again to ask will this sa302 will be showing a new calculations so the lady told me yes and I then order a new sa302 which is on yhe way to receive so lets see what I get and will update you shortly...
Blocked Username

kapil007
Newly Registered

Post by kapil007 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:16 am

Blocked Username wrote:Hi, what did you received from hmrc ? updated sa302 or letter with ammendment? Is ir updated in there system can HO also check it ?
I received a new tax calculations plus a letter saying that they did this under further self assessment with also stating this that amendment were not possible due to the I informed them late, however I have also received a very similar to the SA302 kind of letter as well, I rang them again to ask will this sa302 will be showing a new calculations so the lady told me yes and I then order a new sa302 which is on yhe way to receive so lets see what I get and will update you shortly...[/quote]

Hi, That is what my accountant said that, once hmrc update in there system than request for sa302. How long it took them to amend your tex ?

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi mates

SA302 never updated for amendments. They will give you separately tax paid sheet .

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

kapil007
Newly Registered

Post by kapil007 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:56 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:Hi mates

SA302 never updated for amendments. They will give you separately tax paid sheet .

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
Thanks, will it show in home office as well once hmrc update their rcord ? I have all the receipt of tax payment, Amended returns and hmrc leter stating that, they have received my request for amendment. Is it ok if I send Home Office all these documents with accountants letter explaining everything ?

rfd

Post by rfd » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi,

Speaking from personal experience; for me SA-302 did got updated and reflected the updated amount after amendments.

Thanks

kapil007
Newly Registered

Post by kapil007 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:26 pm

rfd wrote:Hi,

Speaking from personal experience; for me SA-302 did got updated and reflected the updated amount after amendments.

Thanks
Hi, can you please share bit more which year you amended & how lon hmrc took ?

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi, That is what my accountant said that, once hmrc update in there system than request for sa302. How long it took them to amend your tex ?[/quote]

It took almost 5 months to update, and SA302 most probably will update because they have send me a letter which showing exactly sameformat details which sa302 ahows however the letter doesn't address as a sa302 and its showing old and new information together but I have already asked for the latest sa302 so lets see what informationnew sa302 have it..
Blocked Username

adamsmith

Post by adamsmith » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Blocked Username wrote:Hi, That is what my accountant said that, once hmrc update in there system than request for sa302. How long it took them to amend your tex ?
It took almost 5 months to update, and SA302 most probably will update because they have send me a letter which showing exactly sameformat details which sa302 ahows however the letter doesn't address as a sa302 and its showing old and new information together but I have already asked for the latest sa302 so lets see what informationnew sa302 have it..[/quote]

Hi Blocked Username,

Please do share your experiences with us as this will help a lot of brothers like us. I have somewhat similar problem, only difference is that you are quite ahead of us in processing. Most of us even haven't got the reply from RMRC. I personally will be tremendously benefited from your experiences. Once again I request you to share your experiences with us.

Please, let us know if you have got updated SA302. If so how long did it take? Does it contain old information? Do you think HO will accept amended tax return? All these question rumbling around my mind. What if after all these hassles, HO refuse to accept the amended tax return and refuse eventually anyway?

Please please please do share your experiences.... Thank you very much in advance for your help....

mnad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mnad » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:38 am

Hi I had my tax amended in Oct 15 after that when I called to hmrc for sa302 ....they send me sa302 with old figures ( figures before amendment )...I called again and asked them if they can send me updated sa302 which is I received in a month time ....
I sent four tax years to change 2010,2011,2012,2013 ..they changed all in 3 moths time but last week I found that they put wrong figures on year 2010
So I called them yesterday ...i surprised when I heard that enquiry team still have old sa302 ( before amendment)..
Now they said someone call me in two days from case worker team to sort this out ...
My point is if HO put enquiry and hmrc give then old sa302 and refused application on that base ....what's point to pay massive Money of tax ....?

Finger crossed :shock:

adamsmith

Post by adamsmith » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:10 pm

mnad wrote:Hi I had my tax amended in Oct 15 after that when I called to hmrc for sa302 ....they send me sa302 with old figures ( figures before amendment )...I called again and asked them if they can send me updated sa302 which is I received in a month time ....
I sent four tax years to change 2010,2011,2012,2013 ..they changed all in 3 moths time but last week I found that they put wrong figures on year 2010
So I called them yesterday ...i surprised when I heard that enquiry team still have old sa302 ( before amendment)..
Now they said someone call me in two days from case worker team to sort this out ...
My point is if HO put enquiry and hmrc give then old sa302 and refused application on that base ....what's point to pay massive Money of tax ....?

Finger crossed :shock:
Hi,
You are absolutely right, what is the point if they (HMRC)don't update their system. I sent my amendment last December. Still I haven't heard anything from HMRC. Please keep posting your update, for it will help us as all, are in the same boat. I hope that everything will be ok for you. I know how it feels. After living 10 years in same country, if we have to leave, that will be unbearable. I can't believe this is happening to us. I don't know about others but in my case it was completely my old account's fault. I thought he is taking care of everything. I was busy with my job and life.

Do u know anyone has got ILR after tax amendment? Can we apply for any other categories, for instance tier4? Thanks for sharing ur journey with us.

Samsaro
Newly Registered

Post by Samsaro » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:15 am

Hi guys,

I am in the same boat as you are. In my case it was a pure human error, the figures submitted to HMRC was wrong. I found it out from SA302 which I have requested them. Immediately I asked my CA to amend my tax, I submitted it to HMRC on 07th Jan, and it is now uploaded in their system on 14th Jan. But as per the HMRC, it would be done only by 04th April. After reading through the posts, that the SA302 will not get updated with the amendment I am more worried. Please can someone advise if they managed to get their ILR done after tax amendment.. please please update.. this will help many people to breath easily.

Regards,
Sam.

kirankhalil75

Post by kirankhalil75 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:51 pm

HI kapil007

Any update in your application ?

adamsmith

Post by adamsmith » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:07 am

Samsaro wrote:Hi guys,

I am in the same boat as you are. In my case it was a pure human error, the figures submitted to HMRC was wrong. I found it out from SA302 which I have requested them. Immediately I asked my CA to amend my tax, I submitted it to HMRC on 07th Jan, and it is now uploaded in their system on 14th Jan. But as per the HMRC, it would be done only by 04th April. After reading through the posts, that the SA302 will not get updated with the amendment I am more worried. Please can someone advise if they managed to get their ILR done after tax amendment.. please please update.. this will help many people to breath easily.

Regards,
Sam.
Hi Samsaro,
Thanks for the input. So, how long did it take to update? Did u send on 4th January 2016? How do u know if it has been updated? Please please share with us.
I don't know anybody yet to get visa after tax amendment. I promise I will inform u guys as soon as I hear anything from anybody. Please all of u do so as well. We need each other's help. Sometimes I feel helpless now a days. I wouldn't mind paying tax if I was advised accordingly.

Thanks once again. By the way, I haven't heard anything from HMRC yet. I am thinking giving them a call on Monday.Lets see what they say.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:56 am

Few members have posted on this forum that they got their ILR after tax amendments.

adamsmith

Post by adamsmith » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:31 pm

f317633 wrote:Few members have posted on this forum that they got their ILR after tax amendments.
Thanks f317633. That's a good news indeed after all these heart pumping bad news. Please would u b able to post the link of those posts? Many thanks in advance.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:52 pm

I will have to look for those posts. but i clearly remember few members posting about their success stories after tax amendment. i will certainly share the posts if I manage to find them.

shib123
Newly Registered

Post by shib123 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:08 pm

A lot of people got their ILR after tax amendment. What you need to do is,

1. Submit online tax return if it is missing from 2011/12 tax year
2. A solid reason, why you / accountant missed to file SA returns
3. What action is done to rectify this or what action you took if it is some others fault
4. Do submit before 31st of January as there could be penalties if you don't submit for 2014/15 before that.
5. Paper returns can take a few months to get it processed, so plan accordingly

adamsmith

Post by adamsmith » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:39 am

shib123 wrote:A lot of people got their ILR after tax amendment. What you need to do is,

1. Submit online tax return if it is missing from 2011/12 tax year
2. A solid reason, why you / accountant missed to file SA returns
3. What action is done to rectify this or what action you took if it is some others fault
4. Do submit before 31st of January as there could be penalties if you don't submit for 2014/15 before that.
5. Paper returns can take a few months to get it processed, so plan accordingly
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have already submitted my amendment for 2010-2011 tax year. It's been almost a month but I haven't heard anything from HMRC. Do I have to keep pushing them to update? or they do it anyway? I only have 2 more months to apply for ILR.
I have a company and have legitimate income and I am only drawing salary from the company but no dividend taken from the company. Do i have to submit self-assessment for that as well? I spoke to my new accountant he assured me that since i am not taking any dividend from that company i don't have to submit self-assessment.

Thank you very much for your cordial help.