ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at PSC - Limited Company Director

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashafqat2

Re: ILR Success at PSC - Limited Company Director

Post by ashafqat2 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:36 pm

kanswam wrote:Ashafqat2
I used Gross Salary + Gross Dividend to show my total earnings.

cheers

Thanks for the help

sharmao

Post by sharmao » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:17 am

Hi All,

Does the questionnaire has options to select Not Applicable for various questions. In my case, i have been a permanent employee since march 2011 until october 2015 with no other income and hence never had the need to file SA tax return. In November 2015 I became a limited company director and have been taking dividends only from my company earnings.

I have my ILR appointment on 7th march and will be applying with previous earnings being a combination of salary from permanent employment until October 2015 and the remaining 2 months as being divident income. So will the questionnaire :

- Apply to me in this scenario
- If i say yes to question 1 then what do i have to select/fill for the questions where financial years are being asked ?

Many Thanks!
A

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi Sharmao
The questionnaire would be applicable for you as you are a limited company director.

But, where the query is about your SA filing for past years, you don't have to choose any as you were under full time employment. There is an option to select Not registered as self-employed. Leave the rest of the questionnaire blank and provide the reason as answer to question 10.

It shouldn't be an issue for you.

Remember to take the accountant's letter though for the period where you are showing earnings from your limited company along with corresponding business and personal bank statements, dividend declaration forms stamped by your accountant etc

Best wishes to you!

sharmao

Post by sharmao » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:13 pm

kanswam wrote:Hi Sharmao
The questionnaire would be applicable for you as you are a limited company director.

But, where the query is about your SA filing for past years, you don't have to choose any as you were under full time employment. There is an option to select Not registered as self-employed. Leave the rest of the questionnaire blank and provide the reason as answer to question 10.

It shouldn't be an issue for you.

Remember to take the accountant's letter though for the period where you are showing earnings from your limited company along with corresponding business and personal bank statements, dividend declaration forms stamped by your accountant etc

Best wishes to you!
Hi Kanswam,

Do you mean that question 3(Confirm the financial years in which you were registered as Self employed in the UK? years started from 2009-10 to 2014-15) as per the questionnaire has an option to say not registered as Self Employed and i should select that?

I will be carrying the accountant letter on printed on their letter head and signed by the accounting head of the firm who is a registered ICAEW memeber. Along with that will be taking the personal and business bank statements and dividend vouchers stamped and signed by the accountancy firm. Hope that should cover me.

last but not the least many thanks for the wishes and your help.

Regards,
A

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Sharmao
Yes, you should check that box "not registered as self-employed".

Good luck with you application. I am certain you will get it done

cheers

saneej4u
Newly Registered

Post by saneej4u » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi kanswan,

I have amended tax return (2010 and 2012) last month, now all the tax-returns are up to date.

Do you think i should answer "Yes" for question 9 in PEO self-assessment Questionnaire.

Reply would be appreciated.

Kind regards

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi @Saneej4u
I would say yes to that question but back it up with a sound explanation. The fact is you have filed amendments for certain reason and that has to be stated as otherwise they will not only catch you on the amendments but also for wilful non-disclosure.

Practise with your accountant or solicitor on how best to provide the explanation as that could make or break your application going by what some others have gone through as posted on this forum. Keep a copy of the explanation printed with you when you go to the PSC (if premium).

As someone posted here, apparently PSC @Croydon is not handing out the questionnaire, in which case you should try that centre to avoid making any statements of your own. At the end of the day, HO seems to have access to HMRC files which makes the questionnaire moot. But prepared with your explanation anyway.

Hope that clarifies. Best wishes!

ilrapplicant101
Newly Registered

Post by ilrapplicant101 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:45 am

@Kanswam my ILR got approved today. Thanks for your help, you pointed me in right direction... :D

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:19 am

Congratulations @ILRAPPlicant101

Happy to have been of some help. This is a great forum and I have found it extremely useful. The moderators are doing a great job on this forum in ensuring that information is shared in an easy manner while maintaining proper decorum.

Best wishes once again!