ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain../ no time limit stamp

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rabinder123
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain../ no time limit stamp

Post by Rabinder123 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:26 pm

My mum is 70 years old and has a no time limit stamp in her old Indian passport. Last year she applied for a new Indian passport and as a result her old Indian passport was cancelled.

Is it possible to transfer the no time limit stamp to her new passport so she does not need to carry her old passport when travelling?

I have looked at biometric residence permit....but that doesn't actually transfer no time limit the stamp to the new passport.....it just shows her indefinate leave to remaim status on a card with biometric data?

So my mum has to travel with 2 documents....her new passport and the BRP.....in which case she may as well travel with her old and new passport.

Is there a compulsary requirement to get a BRP? I am thinking not as she is retired and been in the UK since 1960s......so no need to prove her residency status to employers ior other organisations....

Please can someone confirm?

vinny

Re: Indefinite leave to remain../ no time limit stamp

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Your mother may be treated as a returning resident. If 18 is satisfied, then no visa is required under 18A. No need to transfer leave into new passport, if she isn't absent from the UK for more than two continuous years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rabinder123
Newly Registered

Post by Rabinder123 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 pm

I have read 1.8 and 1.8a.....without the no time limit stamp in her new passport...how will border control be satisfied my mum is a returning resident?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:12 am

Travel tickets. Boarding cards. Carry old and new passports. Immigration stamps in passports, etc.

Proof that she had ILR before leaving the UK and is returning (to settle) within two years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.