ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

holla007

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by holla007 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 pm

mansimranbal wrote:Hi guys,

I applied for my ILR in April 2016 and last week got a call for Interview on 29th March. I have seen few replies from other users which has given me some very useful information on the interview process.

i have few questions so i will appreciate if someone can respond to these please.

1. The interview invite is addressed to me but my i applied for ILR for my wife and son (both dependent) at the same time. So the question is do they have to go with me for the interview?

2. i was originally granted Tier 1 Gen in 2011 under 2 employments, extension in 2013 was on 2 employments and ILR is on 2 employments as well. So the question is, will the interview questions based on the extension periods only or can it be for any period in the past?

3. i was only doing 1 job when i didnt need the extension as we (me and my wife) were able to make the ends meet with single jobs but had to go for second job to satisfy the salary requirements. Can this be classed as a negative point against me as the salary in the non extension periods was less than the threshold?

4. i was registered as self employed (sole trader) for 2011 and 2013 grant but never claimed self emplyment as the basis of the application as i wasnt making any consirable money (made losses mostly) so can they question me on this even though it was never part of my visa applications?

5. are you allowed to record the interview (on phone for example) or make notes of the questions and answers while you are in the interview?

6. Do i need to take any paperwork with me? Can they ask me for further paperwork? if yes, then what should i take with me. I have already submiited p60's and p45 for last 5 years and payslips/bank statement for the qualifying 12 months.

Thanks in advance.
Hi mate, loads of questions here, to start with but to start with
1. Its you they want to speak to since your wife and child depends on, though it might be nice if they went with you to the venue but its only you that will be interview

2. Those people ask any question that not relevant and funny but all their questions are based on your activities for the past 10 year of your stay in the uk, so try to understand the questions before answering, its better if you dont understand the question, tell them to rephrase.

3. Mate, you are allowed to do as many jobs as you can, as long as you a have records for them but you should be expecting questions like "how are you able to do all the jobs at the same time without one affecting the other and without affecting your family and social life" its funny but prepare your mind for that.

4. i think your NI and Tax records will show if you're self employed or not but if you have not claimed self employed for your applications, i hope your pay slips and pay records shows that your employers deduct tax and NI from your wages, and if you have made losses from your self employed activities, i hope you submitted your account statements to show this.

5.NO, you are not allowed to do that but if you think you can do it without them knowing, its up to you, and more so the interview might likely to be via online Skype call, but why will you want to risk that?

6. you wouldn't be ask for anything except your interview letter and maybe a prove of ID , but it will be good for you to know your business in and out in case you want to expatiate more on your answers to them on any other information regarding their questions.

all the best mate

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:18 am

wasi36 wrote:Date of app. 5/3/16
Bio letter. 12/3/16
Bio submtd. 12/3/16
Interview email. 26/4/16
Interviewed.19/5/16
Hi wasI
Have you got ur visa after interview or are you still waiting?

siftkhanz

Post by siftkhanz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:45 am

Hi Everyone

I just had an interview yesterday and posting questions for the benefit of everyone, like this forum has helped me so far, my interview was near liverpool street station through skype and lasted for 1 hour and 40 minutes :) ... I am just going to post the questions here as my answers will be irrelevant to your application as the questions they asked were specifically about my application

Questions were:

1 Name

2 Dob

3 Address

4 Employment
i. Where do you work
ii. Job Title
iii. What do you do / duties
iv. How long you have been working there
v. How much income you claimed from there
vi. How many hours a week
vii. which days do you work
viii. contracted hours

5 Self Employment
i. Job title
ii. Where do you work from
iii. Duties you perform
iv. Define your average day at work for self employment (like your day to day duties)
v. How long you have been doing this
vii. Which days do you work
viii. contracted hours
ix. how do you charge your clients
x. how you approach them
xi. any clients communication
xii. what are your business expenses
xiii. Give 2 clients name
xiv. 2 clients addresses
xv. How long it takes roughly to perform jobs on clients
xvi. what is your charge out rate to clients

6. Is your house rented or owned

7. rented by council or private

8. For self employment your company is registered at home why is that

9. Does council know about your business / company

10. Does landlord know about your business / company

11. Name of your previous accountant

12. Address of your previous accountant and were they ACCA registered

13. How much your accountant charged you for this service (documentation for visa application)

14. Have you had any tax amendments and did you have to pay any extra tax due to this amendments

15. You get paid on first week of every month but almost same or less amount goes out of your account why

16. Past years
2010-2011 dividend income
2011-2012 no dividend income
2012-2013 dividend income
2013-2014 less dividend income
2014-2015 less dividend income
2015-2016 more dividend income

Why so much deviation

17. In the past you had so much dividend income why so less this year

18. why dont you advertise yourself to promote your business

19. previous applications details
2010 - 2011 ... employed income and self employed income ?
2012 - 2013 ... self employed income ?
2015 - 2016 ... again employed income and self employed income ?

20. In our records it shows you did not declare any income for year 2013-2014 to HMRC
A. I replied if that is the case my previous application would be invalid so they must have got this wrong because I have got documents from HMRC to prove how much income was declared, so she asked me to send them the copy of the documents in the next two weeks.

I guess thats about it, hope it helps any of you to prepare for interview better.

Best of luck to everyone :)

mansimranbal
Newly Registered

Post by mansimranbal » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:14 pm

holla007 wrote:
mansimranbal wrote:Hi guys,

I applied for my ILR in April 2016 and last week got a call for Interview on 29th March. I have seen few replies from other users which has given me some very useful information on the interview process.

i have few questions so i will appreciate if someone can respond to these please.

1. The interview invite is addressed to me but my i applied for ILR for my wife and son (both dependent) at the same time. So the question is do they have to go with me for the interview?

2. i was originally granted Tier 1 Gen in 2011 under 2 employments, extension in 2013 was on 2 employments and ILR is on 2 employments as well. So the question is, will the interview questions based on the extension periods only or can it be for any period in the past?

3. i was only doing 1 job when i didnt need the extension as we (me and my wife) were able to make the ends meet with single jobs but had to go for second job to satisfy the salary requirements. Can this be classed as a negative point against me as the salary in the non extension periods was less than the threshold?

4. i was registered as self employed (sole trader) for 2011 and 2013 grant but never claimed self emplyment as the basis of the application as i wasnt making any consirable money (made losses mostly) so can they question me on this even though it was never part of my visa applications?

5. are you allowed to record the interview (on phone for example) or make notes of the questions and answers while you are in the interview?

6. Do i need to take any paperwork with me? Can they ask me for further paperwork? if yes, then what should i take with me. I have already submiited p60's and p45 for last 5 years and payslips/bank statement for the qualifying 12 months.

Thanks in advance.
Hi mate, loads of questions here, to start with but to start with
1. Its you they want to speak to since your wife and child depends on, though it might be nice if they went with you to the venue but its only you that will be interview

2. Those people ask any question that not relevant and funny but all their questions are based on your activities for the past 10 year of your stay in the uk, so try to understand the questions before answering, its better if you dont understand the question, tell them to rephrase.

3. Mate, you are allowed to do as many jobs as you can, as long as you a have records for them but you should be expecting questions like "how are you able to do all the jobs at the same time without one affecting the other and without affecting your family and social life" its funny but prepare your mind for that.

4. i think your NI and Tax records will show if you're self employed or not but if you have not claimed self employed for your applications, i hope your pay slips and pay records shows that your employers deduct tax and NI from your wages, and if you have made losses from your self employed activities, i hope you submitted your account statements to show this.

5.NO, you are not allowed to do that but if you think you can do it without them knowing, its up to you, and more so the interview might likely to be via online Skype call, but why will you want to risk that?

6. you wouldn't be ask for anything except your interview letter and maybe a prove of ID , but it will be good for you to know your business in and out in case you want to expatiate more on your answers to them on any other information regarding their questions.

all the best mate

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply @holla007. It has helped me a lot but saying that i am still quite nurveous but lets see.

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:53 pm

siftkhanz wrote:Hi Everyone

I just had an interview yesterday and posting questions for the benefit of everyone, like this forum has helped me so far, my interview was near liverpool street station through skype and lasted for 1 hour and 40 minutes :) ... I am just going to post the questions here as my answers will be irrelevant to your application as the questions they asked were specifically about my application

Questions were:

1 Name

2 Dob

3 Address

4 Employment
i. Where do you work
ii. Job Title
viii. contracted hours

5 Self Employment
i. Job title
iii. Duties you perform
iv. Define your average day at work for self employment (like your day to day duties)
viii. contracted hours
x. how you approach them
xiv. 2 clients addresses

13. How much your accountant charged you for this service (documentation for visa application)

14. Have you had any tax amendments and did you have to pay any extra tax due to this amendments

15. You get paid on first week of every month but almost same or less amount goes out of your account why

16. Past years

Why so much deviation

20. In our records it shows you did not declare any income for year 2013-2014 to HMRC
A. I replied if that is the case my previous application would be invalid so they must have got this wrong because I have got documents from HMRC to prove how much income was declared, so she asked me to send them the copy of the documents in the next two weeks.

I guess thats about it, hope it helps any of you to prepare for interview better.

Hi there
I have an interview next week in london.thank you very much for sharing your experience and one thing dear how did they do ur interview via Skype or case worker.
I'm nervous
Thank you

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm

siftkhanz wrote:Hi Everyone

Questions were:

1 Name

2 Dob

3 Address

4 Employment
i. Where do you work
ii. Job Title
viii. contracted hours

5 Self Employment
i. Job title
iii. Duties you perform
viii. contracted hours
x. how you approach them
xiv. 2 clients addresses

16. Past years

Why so much deviation

Thanks for posting these questions, very useful.

Could you please help me about possible answer of below questions?

x. how you approach them
18.why dont you advertise yourself to promote your business
19. Why your income is less in pervious year

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Vesh123 wrote:Thanks for posting these questions, very useful.

Could you please help me about possible answer of below questions?

x. how you approach them
18.why dont you advertise yourself to promote your business
19. Why your income is less in pervious year

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Vesh
You cannot use 'box standard off the shelf' answers, HO is wise to this trick already. These are answers that ONLY YOU will know and it would be in your best interests to be completely honest in answering them as HO probably already knows the answers already. Only you know your business and it is unreasonable to expect anonymous users on an internet forum to know your business and provide answers to questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

siftkhanz

Post by siftkhanz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi Shanu111
Interview was through skype and the person interviewing you is just like an interpreter asking you questions and typing your answers, they are not allowed to ask any questions on their own and not allowed to see any documents you may want to show or have. Interview will be held in a small cubicle room with just monitor and headphones on the table and chair for you to sit, I hope it calms your nerves a bit.

Hi Vesh123
Am glad the questions are helping you and I purposely did not write my answers as to not confuse you guys what is right and what is wrong, these questions were related to my business and work I showed in my application and claimed points for
So I would suggest you to go through your application your sales invoices and sit with your accountant if any and prepare for the interview as per your documents, these questions is just to give you ideas and headsup for what the interview is going to be like
Thanks

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:52 pm

siftkhanz wrote:Hi Shanu111
Interview was through skype and the person interviewing you is just like an interpreter asking you questions and typing your answers, they are not allowed to ask any questions on their own and not allowed to see any documents you may want to show or have. Interview will be held in a small cubicle room with just monitor and headphones on the table and chair for you to sit, I hope it calms your nerves a bit.

Hi Vesh123
Am glad the questions are helping you and I purposely did not write my answers as to not confuse you guys what is right and what is wrong, these questions were related to my business and work I showed in my application and claimed points for
So I would suggest you to go through your application your sales invoices and sit with your accountant if any and prepare for the interview as per your documents, these questions is just to give you ideas and headsup for what the interview is going to be like
Thanks
Thank you very much for your help and advice. Good luck

kamranasif2004
Newly Registered

Post by kamranasif2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi Vesh123
Thanks
Hi Siftkhanz and all,

I have been notified and invited for HO Interview for my ILR application.

the letter says

"• Ensure you enrol your biometrics prior to the interview date detailed above (as requested by separate letter) ?

My question is do I have to enrol my biometrics again prior to the interview, as the biometrics were already taken at the time of application ? is this the norm for ILR interviews ?

regards

siftkhanz

Post by siftkhanz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi Kamran

I got the same wording in my letter asking to enrol for biometric, I think it is a generic letter they issue which asks the applicant to enrol for biometric before attending the interview (which I ignored)

When I went there they did not see any id or NI card of mine just asked me to show the interview letter which tells you date and time of the interview (which I showed on my mobile)

regards

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:20 am

Hi Vesh123
Thanks
Hi
I need to know one more thing from you 'when they ask about client address do we need to tell them full address or just town name?

kamranasif2004
Newly Registered

Post by kamranasif2004 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:37 pm

siftkhanz wrote:Hi Kamran

I got the same wording in my letter asking to enrol for biometric, I think it is a generic letter they issue which asks the applicant to enrol for biometric before attending the interview (which I ignored)

When I went there they did not see any id or NI card of mine just asked me to show the interview letter which tells you date and time of the interview (which I showed on my mobile)

regards
Thanks Siftkhanz, I have got mine coming up in beginning of April, any advice will be appreciated?

Although I have given many interviews with some of the major employers in UK, but I must say not knowing what to expect this time and knowing my future in UK depends on this, I have never experienced this many butterflies before !

This forum is fantastic support system though !

Regards

siftkhanz

Post by siftkhanz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 am

Hi Shanu
They basically trying to figure out that the salary you claiming is genuine or just showed on paper so they asking client details and from what I have read asking people details related to clients like ... description of the office / can you tell me location of the office / what is the name of the person you deal with etc.

Hi Kamran
Honestly if I calmly think about it the purpose of the interview was an investigation of the application I submitted, they asked questions specifically related to your application like your income claimed how much claimed from where etc, your client details, your sales invoice details [if provided], the services you provide in general to clients ... so my advice would be go through your application over and over ... gather as much details as you can, miner details like your travelling expenses, your day to day tasks, how much time you give to self employment, also the points claimed on previous applications [how much was employed self employed] tax you paid etc.

mansimranbal
Newly Registered

Post by mansimranbal » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi guys,

As previously posted i have an interview next week. i had my initial tier 1 Gen in 2010 based on 2 eomployments, Extension in 2013 based on 2 employments and ILR now based on 2 employments as well but when i am not applying for visa i am just doing 1 job. Me and wife are both working full time and can make ends meet with 1 job but had to do 2 jobs to satisfy Visa requirements.

i am expecting a question like "why your pay is less when you are not applying for visa?"

So do you think my explanatoin of not needing 2 jobs when not applying for a visa should be acceptable? Can HO take this answer as a negative against me?

Thanks.

pusm

Post by pusm » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Guys ,

Been to the interview last week ..

Any one got updates after the interview ??

Please updates the timelines

neoca
Newly Registered

Post by neoca » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Set O Application submitted: May 2016
Fingerprint: May 2016
Letter received saying Interview will be arranged: August 2016
Interview Invitation received: Feb 2017
Interviewed: Third week of Feb 2017 (All the questions asked very similar to what has been posted by others but there was 3 questions tailored to my application from caseworker)

Decision: Pending

vut88

Post by vut88 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:53 am

Thanks a lot guys... and this Forum and also this Board... very usefull

mansimranbal
Newly Registered

Post by mansimranbal » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:08 am

HI all,

I had my interview last week. Below are the questions i was asked according to my application.

My Ilr application was based on 2 employments. Hope this helps.

1. During your claim period who did you work for?
2. With regard to your employment– please explain what your role is within this company.
3. How long have you worked for XXXXX?
1. How did you obtain this position?
2. What are your hours and days of work for XXXXX?
3. What is your salary?
4. You have also enclosed details of another company you work for called XXXXX. Please explain specifically what your role is within this company?
5. How long have you worked for them?
6. What type of contract do you have with XXXXX? Can you supply a copy of your contract?
7. How did you obtain this position?
8. How many hours per week did you work for XXXXXX?
9. During your period working for XXXXXX how many hours per week did you work for them on average?
10. What was your salary with XXXXX?
11. What service do the company provide?
12. How many employees do the company have?
13. How can you work for a company for 6 months and not know how many staff they employ?
14. What were the opening times of the companies UK office?
15. What days and times is the UK office open?
17. Who is the director of the company?
18. Who did you report to at the company? (Name)
19. What is the address of the premises you work from for the company.
20. How did you manage to work this company while working full time for another company?
21. If remote working for this company how is your work assessed?
22. XXXXXX was the person who assessed your work?
23. How can XXXXXX access your work when he is the business manager? This is surely not the role of him.
24. Why were you getting this work if your role is different?
25. Apart from XXXXXX and XXXXXX can you name any other employees you had contact with at this company?
26. What is the registered address of this company? Where are they based?
27. In your application for leave to remain under Tier 1 in 2013 you claimed earnings from a company called XXXXXX. Is there a connection between XXXXXX and this company?
28. Did you know that XXXXXX and this company were based at the same address?
29. What was your role at XXXXXX?
30. Why do the letterheads of XXXXXX and XXXXXX not contain any contact telephone number?
31. Why would a legitimate company not have a contact telephone number?
32. Your bank statements show that in the period of your application you transferred out of your account over £9,000 to account no XXXXXX. This is a different account to the supplied savings account. Do you have access to this account?
Interviewer: Please ask applicant to send bank statements relating to this account within 2 weeks to following address:
33. In your application for leave to remain under Tier 1 in 2010 you claimed earnings of £XXXXX comprised of earnings from XXXXX and XXXXXX. Is this correct?
34. As part of our case working process, we have sought information from HMRC in relation to your earnings. HMRC records show that you have declared total earnings of only XXXXX for the 2010-2011 tax years. Can you please provide an explanation for these discrepancies?
35. When did you first become aware that you had not declared accurate records to HMRC?
36. What was the name of the accountant that you used in your previous Tier 1 (General) applications?
37. Did you have sight of the tax returns before they were submitted to HMRC?
38. Did you sign the tax returns before they were submitted to HMRC?
39. As you are self-employed you are responsible for any tax declarations made to HMRC – why did you not identify the large discrepancies in net profit when you reviewed the self-assessment form that had been produced by your accountant?

kavya29
Newly Registered

Post by kavya29 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Hello everybody,

I was interviewed yesterday at vfs for my ILR. Here are the questions I was asked :

1. General details - name, where I live etc.
2. Current job details - My designation, which company, salary, how long I'm working here for. Where I was working before, salary, how long for.
3. Day to day activities in my job, whom do I report to.
4. Asked the same job related questions for all the jobs I did during the year leading upto my ILR.
5. What qualifications have you got to do this job? My degree & software certifications & work experience.

Then they began to focus on my Ltd company earnings:
6. How do you advertise your services? Do you have a website? - I said no, I don't have website, I just post my cv on job boards.
7. Name the job boards - Reed, Cw jobs, Total Jobs, LinkedIn
8. How much do you charge your clients?
9. What documents you submitted to your accountant to get your accounts done? - I said personal & business bank stmts, my company details.
10. Didn't you submit invoices? - I said I may have, but cant remember now.
11. She asked me to send invoices to her.
12. What's accountant's name and address?
13. Why have you got less earnings in 2014?
14. Why haven't you taken dividends from your company during the years outside ilr? - I said, Yes I have taken but she asked - really? when? - I gave details.
15. Why is there a big transaction (5k) in my account, You've sent 5k to your wife? - said, sent for maintenance and savings purposes.
16. Submit 12 months payslips for the ILR year.
17. you've claimed 200 as business expenses - did you? & what was these for? I said I can't remember exactly, I can check. I may have done it for travelling to meet the client.
18. Did you have any tax amendments? No
19. What's your client's nature of business?
20. Have got any ideas to improve / expand your business?
21. Did you do 2 jobs at the same time? I asked if she is asking for ILR duration, she said yes. I then said no.
22. All the questions were based on my ILR earnings & time period. They didn't ask a single question about initial grant or extn.
23. I asked when will I possibly hear back - she said she doesn't know and it's based on the case worker.

It lasted 1.15hrs. I think I was calm & composed but that hurt my brain lol!
She kept going around the job related questions over and over but worded differently.

This forum helped me massively in prepping up - a big thanks to all of you!!
Now the dreaded waiting game begins!

Recap of my case:

ILR - Paye + Ltd company director
Extn - Paye + Ltd company director
Initial - Overseas income

My timelines:

20 May 2016 applied for ILR.
Biometric done in 6 weeks time.
04 Nov 2016 - Received letter from HO saying they want to interview me.
20 Mar 2017 - Letter from HO saying 5th Apr is the interview date.
05 Apr 2017 - Interview

Apr 2013 got extension
Apr 2011 switched from psw to Tier 1.

Thanks again to all of you :) :)

Fahad01
Newly Registered

Post by Fahad01 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi all,

We are also in the same boat like most of you. Need some advice at this point where my husband is been invited for interview, should he take along his solicitor for interview? Will it be of any help or just waste of money? Are all the interviews conducted via Skype?

Please do share your thoughts and experiences on above will be great help..

kavya29
Newly Registered

Post by kavya29 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi Fahad01,
Although we have a solicitor for our case, we didn't take him with us because ours is a fairly straightforward case and even our solicitor felt his presence won't be of any particular help.
I think seniors or others can advice you better. Ours was a Skype interview too with someone who wasnt our caseworker.

kamranasif2004
Newly Registered

Post by kamranasif2004 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Fahad01 wrote:Hi all,

We are also in the same boat like most of you. Need some advice at this point where my husband is been invited for interview, should he take along his solicitor for interview? Will it be of any help or just waste of money? Are all the interviews conducted via Skype?

Please do share your thoughts and experiences on above will be great help..
Yes no point taking the rep along, skype interview with hardly a space for anyone else to sit inside the interview cabin, just stay calm and only answer what you are absolutely sure about !

I wish our ILR was also done back in the days, it seems like HO is just not in a giving mood these days !

All the best, this forum is amazing source to prep up ! AWESOME !

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Thu May 11, 2017 4:16 pm

holla007 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on my application:

App. submitted: 08/02/16
Application Acknowledged: 02/03/2016
Biometrics Taken: 07/03/2016
First Correspondence: 26/07/2016 about interview
Interview: Late October 2016
Biometric received: Today 09/03/2017

To tell you all, this forum has been really helpful before, during and after my application.

But i need to say its been fun all the way, because losing a well paid job and couldn't execute a huge contract in between the application process and no way of getting a new job with family having a new born outside the country , One thing I realized during this whole waiting period is that " never give up on your dreams" whatever happens, it does for a reason.

Also, best wishes to people awaiting their outcomes.
Congrats holla007, I got my interview next week. Any chance I May have your contact number and discuss few things. as i got limited time, posting questions and waiting for reply might get too long.
also did you have tax amendment ?
Thanks

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Fri May 12, 2017 10:23 am

kavya29 wrote:Hello everybody,

I was interviewed yesterday at vfs for my ILR. Here are the questions I was asked :

1. General details - name, where I live etc.
2. Current job details - My designation, which company, salary, how long I'm working here for. Where I was working before, salary, how long for.
3. Day to day activities in my job, whom do I report to.
4. Asked the same job related questions for all the jobs I did during the year leading upto my ILR.
5. What qualifications have you got to do this job? My degree & software certifications & work experience.

Then they began to focus on my Ltd company earnings:
6. How do you advertise your services? Do you have a website? - I said no, I don't have website, I just post my cv on job boards.
7. Name the job boards - Reed, Cw jobs, Total Jobs, LinkedIn
8. How much do you charge your clients?
9. What documents you submitted to your accountant to get your accounts done? - I said personal & business bank stmts, my company details.
10. Didn't you submit invoices? - I said I may have, but cant remember now.
11. She asked me to send invoices to her.
12. What's accountant's name and address?
13. Why have you got less earnings in 2014?
14. Why haven't you taken dividends from your company during the years outside ilr? - I said, Yes I have taken but she asked - really? when? - I gave details.
15. Why is there a big transaction (5k) in my account, You've sent 5k to your wife? - said, sent for maintenance and savings purposes.
16. Submit 12 months payslips for the ILR year.
17. you've claimed 200 as business expenses - did you? & what was these for? I said I can't remember exactly, I can check. I may have done it for travelling to meet the client.
18. Did you have any tax amendments? No
19. What's your client's nature of business?
20. Have got any ideas to improve / expand your business?
21. Did you do 2 jobs at the same time? I asked if she is asking for ILR duration, she said yes. I then said no.
22. All the questions were based on my ILR earnings & time period. They didn't ask a single question about initial grant or extn.
23. I asked when will I possibly hear back - she said she doesn't know and it's based on the case worker.

It lasted 1.15hrs. I think I was calm & composed but that hurt my brain lol!
She kept going around the job related questions over and over but worded differently.

This forum helped me massively in prepping up - a big thanks to all of you!!
Now the dreaded waiting game begins!

Recap of my case:

ILR - Paye + Ltd company director
Extn - Paye + Ltd company director
Initial - Overseas income

My timelines:

20 May 2016 applied for ILR.
Biometric done in 6 weeks time.
04 Nov 2016 - Received letter from HO saying they want to interview me.
20 Mar 2017 - Letter from HO saying 5th Apr is the interview date.
05 Apr 2017 - Interview

Apr 2013 got extension
Apr 2011 switched from psw to Tier 1.

Thanks again to all of you :) :)
HI kavya29, did you get result of Interview ?
I got my interview in few days. How can i contact you? i got few queries ?
Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks