ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rms115
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by rms115 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:27 pm

lad 14 wrote:
Chief786
During the time of my extension I was working as a PAYE as well as Self Employed. Questions are all about the Self Employment -
* Nature of Business - What good and services it supplies - How you publicise business to attract customers - Market Research - How clients paid you for the services
* Whether the Self Assessment return was submitted by you or on your behalf
* Confirm Net profit, Turnover, Gross Profit, expenses
* Any variation between income in that financial year
* Did you review, check and sign each tax return
* Have you ever needed to correct or re-submit your tax returns
Hi,
questions are the same as above
- I am doing job continues since 2009 and business simultaneously, at the time of T1 1st app I was self-emp.
After one and a half year, I moved to a limited company. basically, I closed S.E. and registered a Limited
Company.

Chief786

Post by Chief786 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks Guys good luck both of you. Let us know if you get any updates. Thanks

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Thu May 04, 2017 4:49 pm

good eve people. hope everyone doing well. i wrote to my mp an email where i describe about my case id and home office ref number but i didn't tell her which kind of application i send to home office and the address of the home office of the relevent depatment. she already send a letter to home off. do you think her letter will go to the relevent department? plz let me know guys is their anything i can do now? thnx for ur time and help in advance.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Guys
When you are filling in the questionnaire please b very careful what u r writing ! Try and be very precise and not be vague or ambiguous! Stop playing hide and seek with them ; be open and give facts !
Go thru your invoices use them in your answers.

Specially q8 ! Also q8 - there are 3 parts to that question
1) nature
2) whay goods or services u provide (try and use info from your invoices) it makes it easy for your caseworker
3) how ?

Q9 a - is almost q8 how and what will come here too(use info from invoices so they can relate)
C - explain like an executive summary of a business plan
Like - any agency u were registered; conferences; how you did it
Keep it brief but cover all the points

Question 8 and 9 are similar questions asked in the interview and most of the refusals after the interview are based around these !
So try and answer as accurately as you can.

Explain in a covering lettr ; make tables ; formatting and then send
Good luck everyone

Chief786

Post by Chief786 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:32 pm

rms115 wrote:
lad 14 wrote:
Chief786
During the time of my extension I was working as a PAYE as well as Self Employed. Questions are all about the Self Employment -
* Nature of Business - What good and services it supplies - How you publicise business to attract customers - Market Research - How clients paid you for the services
Hi,
- I am doing job continues since 2009 and business simultaneously, at the time of T1 1st app I was self-emp.
After one and a half year, I moved to a limited company. basically, I closed S.E. and registered a Limited
Company.

Hi RMS115,

Sorry to bother you again. Did you vary your application from SET O to SET LR ? Secondly, how much income you showed for your last extension ? And lastly can you split it how much from permanent job and how much from self employed or a limited company ? Please let me know if possible. Thanks

aruns27
Newly Registered

Post by aruns27 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:08 pm

hello

I have been following this forum for quite sometime to see the progress of postal applications and i can clear see that there are lot of people awaiting a decision. i applied through post in october16 and and still awaiting a decision although its over 6 months. I have got in touch with my local mp who has sent a letter to homeoffice and there is no response. I need to travel to india in june for my dads 70th birthday and i wanted to be there as its a special one. I have filed a petition in change.org requesting homeoffice to consider changing the process of ilr application in future by returning the travel documents once the biometric is done. The reason i am doing this is there is no way i am getting a response from home office except that my application is in progress. It would be great if you all can support and help more applicants in the future. below is the link. pls sign the petition and forward to your friends to sign this. I am sure we all can make a difference to how they treat ILR applications in future.

https://www.change.org/p/home-office-sp ... m=copylink

rms115
Newly Registered

Post by rms115 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Chief786 wrote:
rms115 wrote:
lad 14 wrote:
Chief786
Hi,
Company.
Hi RMS115,

Sorry to bother you again. Did you vary your application from SET O to SET LR ? Secondly, how much income you showed for your last extension ? And lastly can you split it how much from permanent job and how much from self employed or a limited company ? Please let me know if possible. Thanks
Hi,
First answer: No, because before my T1 Expire I was qualified for LR. SO i dont need to show any income. last but not the least: As far as I know any income that coming from self-emp. salary, or from a company as a divi or salary HO will count that as a personal income. But to let you know I have not got enough knowledge about it so, I would advise you to get some pro. advise.

Chief786

Post by Chief786 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:08 am

rms115 wrote:
Chief786 wrote:
rms115 wrote:
Chief786

Hi RMS115,

Hi,
First answer: No, because before my T1 Expire I was qualified for LR. SO i dont need to show any income. last but not the least: As far as I know any income that coming from self-emp. salary, or from a company as a divi or salary HO will count that as a personal income. But to let you know I have not got enough knowledge about it so, I would advise you to get some pro. advise.

Ok RMS115 are you expecting an interview as well ? Some people on this forum went for an interview

Chief786

Post by Chief786 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:22 am

CR001 wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I have a question about all the questions that has been asked in the HO letter. All that answer related to the tier 1 but which tier 1? as in the letter HO mention only earlier T1 so if you can shed some light on this.
Regards,
It is likely for Tier 1 General.[/quote]

Hi Charlotte,

Just a quick one any idea what happens with right to work in the UK in case we get refusal for SET LR ? Please let us know. Thanks

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Sun May 07, 2017 7:06 pm

If we can’t make a decision within the service standards
If there is a problem with your application or if it is complex, we will write to explain why it will not be decided within the normal standard. We will write within the normal processing time for the 8 week standard and within 12 weeks for the 6 month standard. The letter will explain what will happen next.

According to home office website they should decide my application with in six month or they will let me know with in 12th weeks of the receive the application if its make complex issue. they havn't decide the application neither they sent me any letter to update me that it will be delay. my all visa was student and i apply 10 years route by post which is more than 6 month now. i did contact with my local mp and she sent a letter last thusday. i really need to travel. what procedure should i can take now. its now 6 month 1 week. what ur advice guys..... thnx

Chief786

Post by Chief786 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:08 pm

faysal_cu wrote:If we can’t make a decision within the service standards
If there is a problem with your application or if it is complex, we will write to explain why it will not be decided within the normal standard. We will write within the normal processing time for the 8 week standard and within 12 weeks for the 6 month standard. The letter will explain what will happen next.

According to home office website they should decide my application with in six month or they will let me know with in 12th weeks of the receive the application if its make complex issue. they havn't decide the application neither they sent me any letter to update me that it will be delay. my all visa was student and i apply 10 years route by post which is more than 6 month now. i did contact with my local mp and she sent a letter last thusday. i really need to travel. what procedure should i can take now. its now 6 month 1 week. what ur advice guys..... thnx
Just send them a pre-action protocol because they failed to follow standard service procedure to inform you about delay in the decision. Just google what pre-action protocol is and send them. And secondly, wait for the decision like rest of us. Some of us have been waiting for the last 12 months. I have been waiting for the last 8 months. Good luck. Thanks

SM03KUW
Newly Registered

Post by SM03KUW » Wed May 10, 2017 9:26 am

Hi All,
Has any one got refusal in SET LR, after complex letter or who has applied after tax amendment?
Tx

hhe
Newly Registered

Post by hhe » Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 am

Hi eoo10:

Any update in your case. I tried to upgrade my application but refused and got the following response.

=====================

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your request for a premium upgrade to your application. Unfortunately your application is not eligible for an upgrade and will therefore continue to be processed in the postal route. If you require any further information then please contact the department currently dealing with your application. We are unable to respond to general enquiries or provide an update on the progress of your application.

Kind Regards
Premium Upgrade Team

========================

Not sure why HO is taking time on applications.

eoo10

Post by eoo10 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi hhe,

I'm sorry for not updating my own story earlier before now. It breaks my heart to inform you that HO sent me a letter that "it appears that my application raises complex issues and they hope to make decision by 4th of August. I hope yours is decided within the service standard.

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Thu May 11, 2017 2:55 pm

eoo10 wrote:Hi hhe,

I'm sorry for not updating my own story earlier before now. It breaks my heart to inform you that HO sent me a letter that "it appears that my application raises complex issues and they hope to make decision by 4th of August. I hope yours is decided within the service standard.
we both apply pretty much same time. I ask for premium upgrade but they decline for premium upgrade as well. lastly last month i send a letter and they reply me my one is complex issue and they can't make decision with in service standard time frame. but as they give u deadline by 4th of august but in my case they hav't give me any dateline. what do u think after the complex issue letter they most probably going to refuse? have u ever been tier 1 or tax issue ?my whole life was student and last year spent through flr fp and set o and vari set o to set lr. thnx

lad 14
Wales

Post by lad 14 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:08 pm

faysal_cu
They might send you the Questionnaire Form and ask to submit SA302's, as what they did in my case.
Firstly, I received complex issue letter and later after couple of months they send me a Questionnaire Form and also to send SA302 from my Self Employment work

eoo10

Post by eoo10 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi Faysal_cy,

I don't actually think that every complex issues letter means refusal in the long run. I thinks it depend on cases as we have seen some approval after complex issues in this forum. All my 10 years was student, tier 4 and PSW I applied early though. All we can do now is to wait patiently.

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Thu May 11, 2017 8:24 pm

lad 14 wrote:
faysal_cu
They might send you the Questionnaire Form and ask to submit SA302's, as what they did in my case.
Firstly, I received complex issue letter and later after couple of months they send me a Questionnaire Form and also to send SA302 from my Self Employment work
hi lad, I was student all of my last 9 years and than apply flr fp and lastly apply set lr. so i never been to self employment. so not sure why would they send me questionnaire and SA302. lets see.

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 pm

eoo10 wrote:Hi Faysal_cy,

I don't actually think that every complex issues letter means refusal in the long run. I thinks it depend on cases as we have seen some approval after complex issues in this forum. All my 10 years was student, tier 4 and PSW I applied early though. All we can do now is to wait patiently.
Hi Eoo10, i apply early as well. i apply 45 days ago.... as in ur case they give u letter with specific date but in my case they didn't give any specific date. lets see but really disappoint and also need to travel as family reason. thnx

hhe
Newly Registered

Post by hhe » Fri May 12, 2017 4:28 am

Hi eoo10:

Not to worry about mate. I have gone through the posts yesterday under the subject of "extremely complex issue". It's very generic letter and a lot of people received it. And most of them got the approval after this letter. I don't think you would get any questionare letter because you never been on tier1.

@Faysal_cy:
Your current or last visa was tier1 ?

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Fri May 12, 2017 4:52 pm

hhe wrote:Hi eoo10:

Not to worry about mate. I have gone through the posts yesterday under the subject of "extremely complex issue". It's very generic letter and a lot of people received it. And most of them got the approval after this letter. I don't think you would get any questionare letter because you never been on tier1.

@Faysal_cy:
Your current or last visa was tier1 ?
Hi HHE,
my all visa was student and psw. my last visa status was student . than i apply flr fp, than vary to set o and when i never 10 years than again vary to set lr. its now more than 6 month and i apply my set lr 45 days before i eligible to apply set lr.
thnx.

Chief786

Post by Chief786 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi guys,

Just another update so thought to share with you all. I applied Set LR 10 years on September 2016. Please read my previous posts in relation to my timeline and earnings, tax etc. Please see email below received few days ago from UKVI. Thanks

Dear Mr. Xxxx

The caseworker sent you an enquiry letter on xx May by recorded delivery number Xxxxxxxxxx You should receive this letter within the next few days and have until xxxxx June to provide a response.

Once the caseworker receives the requested information, we will be able to progress your application. I cannot advise how long that may take as enquiries may be needed with other Government organisations.

Please be assured that your application is under active consideration.

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Tue May 16, 2017 10:21 am

Hello All,
I was wondering if I could get some help with my circumstance.
(i) I came to UK in September 2008 for on a student visa.

(ii) In Jan 2010 I got a 2 year Post Study Work (PSW) visa, which was successful.

(iii) In Nov 2011 before my PSW visa expired, I had a civil partnership applied for the 2.5 years spousal visa. During this time my marriage broke up.

(iv) As I am gay, I applied for refugee visa, as I could not return to my country, after having a gay marriage. I applied for this visa before my 2.5 year spousal visa expired. The refugee leave to remain was granted in November 2014 without any problem. I have not been in the country illegally at any point. I have also not left the country for more than a few days in total.
Now I have two questions
1. Am I able to apply for ILR under long term 10 year route next year – in 2018, when I have been here for 10 years?

2. Am I able to use the PEO? I ask this because I have had to return my original passport when I applied for the refugee passport. I also have returned my previous bio-metric cards.
I would appreciate any help with this and I am happy to provide more information if anything is unclear.

hhe
Newly Registered

Post by hhe » Tue May 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi eoo10:

I have got same letter as yours from HO.
It appears that my application raises complex issues and they hope to make decision by August.
This is taking so long. I am so frustrated. :(
Anyone else in this forum get response after this letter ?

wahabishtiaq

Post by wahabishtiaq » Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Chief786 wrote:Hi guys,

Just another update so thought to share with you all. I applied Set LR 10 years on September 2016. Please read my previous posts in relation to my timeline and earnings, tax etc. Please see email below received few days ago from UKVI. Thanks

Dear Mr. Xxxx

The caseworker sent you an enquiry letter on xx May by recorded delivery number Xxxxxxxxxx You should receive this letter within the next few days and have until xxxxx June to provide a response.

Once the caseworker receives the requested information, we will be able to progress your application. I cannot advise how long that may take as enquiries may be needed with other Government organisations.

Please be assured that your application is under active consideration.
Hi Chief,

Been following your post for sometime. My LR application after tax amend for 2010-11 submitted on Aug 7 2016.
Biometrics done Sep 21st
Received letter on 21 Jan that case will take more than 6 months as there has been issue with biometric enrolment"
request update via solicitor in april 17 and they referred back to the same letter saying that the case will take more than 6 months as said before due to same issue.

Now i don't understand what can be issue with BM that they are not asking me to resubmit it nor they deciding on my app. Its been 10 months now.

I am not sure if i should expect the same questionnaire sent to you as i was on T1 before LR app.

Thanks