ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Under process....got few questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raja1506
Newly Registered

ILR Under process....got few questions

Post by raja1506 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi All,
I have got Tier 1 General in Dec 2010 (out of country application) and entered UK in Jan 2011. Received extension in Nov 2012 (I had employment for that period with 2 employers for which I have submitted pay slips & P60).From 2013, I was operating through limited company as a director. My accountant has been thorough in submitting accounts and all corporation tax payments are on time. I have salary income and dividends income from my own limited company. Applied for ILR in Nov 2015 through Croydon PEO and was given a letter saying “Application is valid but still some further checks need to be made”. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Upon reading few posts here and other places, I have checked my 5 year P60 record with HMRC. In this 5 year P60 record, I see that one of my employer in 2012 have missed 3 months in my record. My employment duration with this employer was Jan 2012 to July 2012, but HMRC record shows Apr 2012 to July 2012. I have contacted my previous employer and showed them HMRC record. I have also provided P60 for FY2011-12 and pay slips which I have received from them. Upon verification, my employer has agreed that this is a mistake. My employer has written to HMRC in Dec 2015 and got it rectified in Jan 2016. I have recently received updated 5 year P60 from HMRC and now the record is correct.

I have showed this employment (Jan to July) to HO in my extension application in Nov 2012. Now my question is does this correction from my employer will have any impact on my ILR application with HO? Somebody mentioned that this can considered as deception? Does this count under deception? It is not my fault but my employer’s mistake while paying taxes to HMRC. Do I need to make any letter to HO in this regard ?

Please advise. Thank you your help.

geriatrix

Re: ILR Under process....got few questions

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2016 6:07 pm

With documentary evidence from HMRC with updated figures, you should be okay.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

thiruuk

Post by thiruuk » Wed May 11, 2016 7:57 am

raja1506 wrote:Hi All,
I have got Tier 1 General in Dec 2010 (out of country application) and entered UK in Jan 2011. Received extension in Nov 2012 (I had employment for that period with 2 employers for which I have submitted pay slips & P60).From 2013, I was operating through limited company as a director. My accountant has been thorough in submitting accounts and all corporation tax payments are on time. I have salary income and dividends income from my own limited company. Applied for ILR in Nov 2015 through Croydon PEO and was given a letter saying “Application is valid but still some further checks need to be made”. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Upon reading few posts here and other places, I have checked my 5 year P60 record with HMRC. In this 5 year P60 record, I see that one of my employer in 2012 have missed 3 months in my record. My employment duration with this employer was Jan 2012 to July 2012, but HMRC record shows Apr 2012 to July 2012. I have contacted my previous employer and showed them HMRC record. I have also provided P60 for FY2011-12 and pay slips which I have received from them. Upon verification, my employer has agreed that this is a mistake. My employer has written to HMRC in Dec 2015 and got it rectified in Jan 2016. I have recently received updated 5 year P60 from HMRC and now the record is correct.

I have showed this employment (Jan to July) to HO in my extension application in Nov 2012. Now my question is does this correction from my employer will have any impact on my ILR application with HO? Somebody mentioned that this can considered as deception? Does this count under deception? It is not my fault but my employer’s mistake while paying taxes to HMRC. Do I need to make any letter to HO in this regard ?

Hi as per HMRC record financial year broken into 2011-2012, 2012-13. So it may have chance your earnings fallen into 2. Check your old records again
tHiRu

thiruuk

Post by thiruuk » Wed May 11, 2016 8:05 am

raja1506 wrote:Hi All,

I hope it won't be an issue As per employment history your earnings. Have it ready employment history. if suppose they check your record won't be any mismatch. So no worries
tHiRu

raja1506
Newly Registered

Post by raja1506 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:56 am

Thank you for your responses. This gives me peace of mind. Yes, I have got the latest updated employment history from HMRC. Waiting for HO, fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again for your help.