ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medium of instruction letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amrhady

Medium of instruction letter

Post by amrhady » Tue May 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi

This is a question regarding the "Medium of instruction" that's accepted by NARIC. My university issues the letter stating my name, degree aquired, and date AND a statement in the letter saying "xyz University" is an English-Medium institue.

My concern is that the letter doesn't state explicitly that the degree was taugh in English. Obviously I contacted the university who said that this is the template they provide. I also contacted NARIC but didn't get a conclusive answer.

Anyone submitted a similar letter to NARIC? I should mention that previously with PBS, my degree/university was recognized and I didn't need to prove anything. All curriculum/courses in my university are taugh in Englsh - it's a private university but in a non-english speaking country.

Many thanks.

geriatrix

Re: Medium of instruction letter

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

amrhady

Post by amrhady » Tue May 10, 2016 7:36 pm

geriatrix, thank you for replying. I might have mislead you with my question. Let me clarify.

I am applying to "NARIC V&NS portal" for an "English Language Assessment" of my degree. I will provide:
- Graduation cerficiate [contains: "xyz University is an English-Medium institute"]
- Transcript

The graduation certificate, along with having my name/degree/year-of-award, also will have a statement saying "xyz University is an English-Medium institute". And my question is for any memeber who supplied a similar format to NARIC.

"Medium of instruction" letters vary in format and my worry is that it's not explicitly mentioning that the degree is taught in english, but will mention English as the medium of instruction for the university as a whole.

My university is being bureaucratic about the format of the letter, and it can take me a considerable time in calls, emails and chasing people, if I want to make them change the format.

Q8 that you refered to is addressing another issue.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:42 am

Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice