ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Return Request Timeline

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sagan

Passport Return Request Timeline

Post by sagan » Fri May 20, 2016 8:41 am

Has anyone requested the Return of their passport for Identification purposes? I have a few questions if anyone has any information.
How long did it take to get to you? HO stipulates 10 days, I need it in exactly that amount of time.
Did you receive an communication before it was returned?
Do you think it affected your application in terms of delay?
How and when did you send it back?

I requested my return yesterday (19/05/2016) and absolutely urgently need it by the 3 June for an important exam (10 days from request). If I don't receive it, it will be absolute disaster!
Thanks

confused90

Re: Passport Return Request Timeline

Post by confused90 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:09 am

sagan wrote:Has anyone requested the Return of their passport for Identification purposes? I have a few questions if anyone has any information.
How long did it take to get to you? HO stipulates 10 days, I need it in exactly that amount of time.
Did you receive an communication before it was returned?
Do you think it affected your application in terms of delay?
How and when did you send it back?

I requested my return yesterday (19/05/2016) and absolutely urgently need it by the 3 June for an important exam (10 days from request). If I don't receive it, it will be absolute disaster!
Thanks
am I right to assume it's for the CFA exam? They've rejected my application for return of passport.

Your caseworker shall email you just before 10 days

anoops1984

Post by anoops1984 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:20 am

Did you try upgrading your postal application to premium? Seems like there is an option now as per new UKBA statement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form

In that form there is section to specify why you need the documents, guess you have to pay the difference in the fees.

sagan

Post by sagan » Fri May 20, 2016 4:04 pm

anoops1984 wrote:Did you try upgrading your postal application to premium? Seems like there is an option now as per new UKBA statement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form

In that form there is section to specify why you need the documents, guess you have to pay the difference in the fees.
This is very useful actually, can't believe I didn't know about it.
Has anyone done this? Any feedback?

KMocha
Newly Registered

Post by KMocha » Tue May 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Hey guys,

Any updates on return of documents? I am absolutely livid. I requested my passport back on May 10th and had even mailed a prepaid Special Delivery envelope with my application. Nothing yet. I called the helpline for EEA/Family of EEA and was told by a gentleman that he's been getting calls from people who have not received their passports back after 20 days!!

It is absolutely appalling that in cases of serious emergencies Home Office can sit on your passports for 20 days, essentially holding you hostage. I am American and that is the only way I can travel. At this point, I'd rather give $$ to the American embassy for an emergency passport than a single dime to any UK authorities.

And now that I see they've added this option to expedite applications for 400 quid, oh hey, let's not return their passports within 10 days and desperate folks will have to drop the $$ to get things moving.