ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language prove for ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rMeghna
Newly Registered

English Language prove for ILR application

Post by rMeghna » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:33 am

Hi,

I am in process of applying my ILR application.

Query on section -Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling

"You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:
An original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English OR
An original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)"

Its confusing statement

My Question- Will a official letter from my university with my name and degree confirming that my degree was taught in English is enough or I need letter form NARIC as well ?

If that is the case then what does original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught in a majority English-speaking country mean...

Also in the ILR application section where I am claiming point for Education, it states if you have already proved your degree in previous applications then no need to provide any documents.

So its all contradicting statements.

Please suggest the best way to approach.

Thanks

UK2UK4U
Newly Registered

Re: English Language prove for ILR application

Post by UK2UK4U » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi

I followed below for same without any issue

1) Get a letter from university addressing yourself with the course details, roll no duration and result highlighting the medium of instruction as ENGLISH
2) Then upload the University medium letter, your original degree certificate, marks memos to NARC website.
They will charge some GBP45-50 and validate the degree and medium certificate and send us letter to our home address.

Please note english language s/b proved by Degree certificate, Medium Certifcate from University " AND" Uk Narc letter

All the best

aaatech
- thin ice -

Post by aaatech » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:36 pm

UK2UK4U - when did you used this service? recently it's changed and called Visa and nationality service. just to cost you £151
or can we use alternative service as you suggest?

salimisaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by salimisaf » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:18 am

rMeghna - Reply from Croydon HO on this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 10331.html