ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 (Gen) to ILR with 1 Dependent -pls help Form Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Tier2 (Gen) to ILR with 1 Dependent -pls help Form Questions

Post by oneplusone » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:34 pm

Good Day,

I have read UKVI guidelines and still not clear and need an expert help.

I will really appreciate if an EXPERT immigration board member or someone who has recently applied on the same basis (Tier 2 General with dependent) as I am intending to do; can advise on the below questions based on the following basis: -

1. Came to UK in 2003 and successfully completed my education and went back to home country towards the end of 2005.
2. Came to the UK again in Oct 2008 on a student visa to do a master degree which was followed by 2 year post study work visa.
3. Spouse joined me in the UK in March 2009 and we are together since then in the UK.
4. Got a permanent job in my field in May 2011 and successfully switched to Tier 2 (General) in Feb 2012.
5. Towards the end of July 2015, my previous employer lost their sponsor license and I found a new job in the same field with another sponsor in the early October 2015 and am still working with them on Tier 2 General visa and intend to continue my job with them even after I get ILR. (Note: never received any letter from UKVI during Aug/Sep2015 and got premier day service visa in the first week of October 2015 with the new employer).
6. As per UKVI calculations guidelines, I can apply for ILR on 21Jan2017, along with my spouse, which I am intending to do as a premier one day visa.

Now the questions I need help with: -

A, Do I need to fill in FORM SET (O)? It says Tier 2 Migrant and not Tier 2 (General).
B, Does my spouse needs to fill a separate Form type? If yes than which type of Form Set can we use? or do we need to fill only one single form?
C, Section 3 of FORM SET (O), further Section B, if I tick Tier 2 Migrant than will it be correct?
D, If my spouse fill the same form as I do (that means only one form for both of us) than do I need to tick both Tier 2 Migrant and Tier 2 Dependent.
E, Section 6 (page21), > question 6.1, when did you first enter the UK? What date shall I write; 2003, 2008 or Feb 2012 (the date when I have received my Tier 2 General visa).
F, Section 6, > question 6.2, Evidence of all work related absences (including paid annual leave). Do I need evidence for the last 5 years even for the period I didn't travel out of the UK or just for the dates I was out of the UK using my annual holiday. (Was not more then 2 weeks out of the UK in any given year throughout my stay in the UK)
G, Do I need to attach P60? I have the latest payslips since last year and may have some P60's but not covering the last 5 years.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
One+1=2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 (Gen) to ILR with 1 Dependent -pls help Form Quest

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:56 pm

A. Yes it is Set(O) - you are a Tier 2 visa holder are you not?

B. One form for both of you, spouse as dependent.

C. You are a Tier 2 Migrant.

D. Yes

F. You need a letter from your employer(s) listing and stating all your absences out of the UK.

G. Not sure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Char I appreciate your quick reply, thanks.

Regarding my question F, to get more clarity, do I need letter from my all previous employer(s) and only regarding my absence from the UK or any absence including my annual holidays within the UK?

Will appreciate if someone can throw light on my question E & G.

thanks
One+1=2

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain - Questions before applying

Post by oneplusone » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi

I am planning to apply under Premium Service category (same day visa service) for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK by mid January 2017 for myself and my Dependent.

Please can someone guide me on the following before I apply: -

1. Can an applicant apply Premium day visa purely online or do I need to download the form and manually fill it to take it with me on my appointment day?

2. Is it possible to fill the Visa Form on 10th Dec 2016 for indefinite Leave to Remain and take UK life exam on 16 Dec 2016 for my premium day appointment on 15 Jan 2017. Or, do I have to take the exam even before I fill the application Form - please guide as this is important to know.
Does UKVI (Home Office) ask, when you provide details online, about UK Life exam results or certificate number etc. I just wanted to know if they simply ask pass or fail then I can tick pass and take the certificate with me on my appointment day.

3. Form Set (O) E, Section 6 (page21), > question 6.1, when did you first enter the UK? What date shall I write; 2003 ( when I came to do my first degree and went back to my home country in 2005), or 2008 (when I came back again to do Masters degree and since then staying here on Tier 2 General visa or Feb 2012 (the date when I have received my Tier 2 General visa).

5. Section 6, > question 6.2, Evidence of all work related absences (including paid annual leave). Do I need evidence for the last 5 years including both annual leave and the dates I was out of the UK using my annual holiday or just the dates I was out of the UK?

6. Do I need to attach P60? I have the latest payslips since last year and may have some P60's but not covering the whole last 5 years.

I will keep posting to update the outcome for my appointment and visa so that others can be benefited.
Thanks in advance.
regards
One+1=2

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - Questions before applying

Post by oneplusone » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi

Please can someone reply to my questions. Really need to understand before I apply. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - Questions before applying

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:19 am

As far as I am aware, ILR on any route is paper application only. Even if it was online, you have to complete the test centre details of LIUK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi

How can I contact the moderator as my topic get locked, please help.

here's the topic link.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 21161.html

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:09 pm

It was locked because you already have THIS topic. Your locked topic will remain locked. Keep ALL your questions on the same application in one place (this topic).

See also Mutiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 (Gen) to ILR with 1 Dependent - Form Set (O) Help

Post by oneplusone » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks for explaining Char.

Please can someone reply to my below questions.

I am planning to apply under Premium Service category (same day visa service) for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK by mid January 2017 for myself and my one Dependent.

Please can someone guide me on the following before I apply: -

1. Form Set (O) E, Section 6 (page21), > question 6.1, when did you first enter the UK? What date shall I write; 2003 ( when I came to do my first degree and went back to my home country in 2005), or 2008 (when I came back again to do Masters degree and since then staying here on Tier 2 General visa since Feb 2012 (the date when I have received my Tier 2 General visa).

2. Section 6, > question 6.2, Evidence of all work related absences (including paid annual leave). I was never out of the UK for work related absence. Shall I leave it blank as not applicable in my case.

2.1. Do I need letter from my previous and current employer covering the last 5 years of holiday on Tier 2 including each single holiday with dates OR just the dates I was out of the UK?

I didn't book life in UK test yet and planning to book by 15th December 2016. Can an applicant apply Premium day visa online and take print outs for the application. My question is: -

3. Does UKVI (Home Office) ask when you provide details online, about UK Life exam results (numbers or %) or certificate number etc. I just wanted to know if they simply ask pass or fail than I can tick pass and take the certificate with me on my appointment day. By doing this I can complete the application form and book the appointment date for mid Jan 17.

I will keep posting to update the outcome for my appointment and visa so that others can be
benefited.

Thanks in advance.
regards