ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Tier 1 (Gen) - English Language - NARIC Confirmation?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skk21
Newly Registered

ILR - Tier 1 (Gen) - English Language - NARIC Confirmation?

Post by skk21 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:29 am

Hi,
I am on Tier 1 (General) and applying for ILR using SET (O) form.

Please Refer Below Two–
-------------------------
1. Form SET (O) - Page 15- “Section 4 - Knowledge of language and life in the UK” AND
2. KOLL-v19 – Page 34 – “Degree qualifications” Below Paragraph: -
“If we have previously accepted a degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an earlier application, and leave was granted, we will not need additional confirmation from NARIC. If the qualification has not previously been used for an immigration application, or the previous application was refused, the applicant must obtain confirmation from NARIC that it meets the relevant criteria. “
----------

My Query
----------
I fall in category that My Masters degree was previously recognised degree on PBS system and have the print out of the same. Also my all previous leaves to remain were successfully approved first time. My Degree is all written in English as well.
Do I still need to get my Degree recognised by NARIC through Red route? The query is because there is no option to choose for this category in Section 4 of Set (O) form.
-------------

Hope someone knows about this and can help, else may have to just spend GBP 150 for this.

Thanks in advance.
skk

tier1-immigrant

Re: ILR - Tier 1 (Gen) - English Language - NARIC Confirmati

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Following.. desperately :cry:

amrhady

Post by amrhady » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi skk21

There's FAQ regarding this at http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html

Bottom line, and if I understood you correctly that your question is about proving your english degree, then you need NARIC to confirm it.

It's fairly easy to do, all you need is your graduation certificate, transcript, and medium-of-instruction letter. You can do it all online on NARIC website.

skk21
Newly Registered

Post by skk21 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi amrhady,

Thanks for your response. I had gone through the FAQ regarding this at "indefinite-leave-to-remain/faqs-english-language-requirements-for-settlement-t193792.html", but unfortunately it does not cover this case in particular.

I was trying to see if I can save GBP 150 by not doing NARIC and based on what is mentioned in KoLL.

Looking forward for more responses.

Thanks,
Skk

tbnag
India

Post by tbnag » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:44 pm

skk21 wrote:
I was trying to see if I can save GBP 150 by not doing NARIC and based on what is mentioned in KoLL.
I am in the same situation as yours. Unfortunately you cannot save 150 pounds.

In order to tick the below points in page 15 you have to get a letter from NARIC or write the english exam.

/* Starting from-->
And either
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below);
OR
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗˗UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English

*/

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:00 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

skk21
Newly Registered

Post by skk21 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi All,

I just checked the UKNARIC site and followed suggested link https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration for below page.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

Refer Below, was last updated on 25th Oct 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
4. ....

If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

1.an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
2. an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------st
For #1 - As I have letter from University for english, I think we just need just a comparability certificate from NARIC.

Question
------------

I went to NARIC website and for registering, I coul

skk21
Newly Registered

Post by skk21 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi All,

I just checked the UKNARIC site and followed suggested link https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration for below page.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

Refer Below, was last updated on 25th Oct 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
4. ....

If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

1.an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
2. an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------st
I belong to #1 option above - As I have letter from University for english, I think we just need just a comparability certificate from NARIC, so went to NARIC website.
On NARIC website - under Red Route Registration (http://naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20natio ... ister.aspx), I could not find the Tier 1 General option under Immigration Route drop down.

Also under further information it mentions below: -
http://naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20natio ... ation.aspx
"....The VisasAndNationality service supports applications made through the following PBS (Points-Based System) immigration routes:

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
Tier 2 General
Tier 2 Ministry of Religion
Tier 2 Sportsperson
Representative of an Overseas Business visa
"

Question
------------
Does this all mean that I need a comparability certificate from NARIC, using Blue Route and can Register using below options. I am working as IT consultant: -

Page - https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/Individu ... ister.aspx
Purpose of Enquiry - Other
Field of Interest - Information and Communication Technology

Thanks,
skk