ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 to ILR success - Thank you everyone

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

inquisitive
Newly Registered

Tier2 to ILR success - Thank you everyone

Post by inquisitive » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:34 am

Hi,
I got my ILR approved yesterday through same day premium service. I had two dependents (wife and child born out side of UK) in my application too.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for replying to my comments and helping out. I have provided a list of documents I used and no questions were asked. Submitted my application documents, did biometric and a long wait followed by approval.

I took photocopies of all the documents which were returned to me as it is.

Thanks every one for you kind help.

Following is the list of documents.
1a Application form
1b Payment slip
1c Passport (Current)
1d Passport (Expired)
1e Biometric Residence Permit
1f Photographs
2a Life in the UK test
2b Proof of English language
3a Letter - (Current Employer)
3b Salary slips - (Current Employer)
3c Letter - (Previous Employer)
4a Bank statements + last payslip
4b P60s + Payslips (Not requred they didn't even look at it.)
5a Marriage certificate
5b Evidence of Cohabitation (01 October 2014 - Present)
(i) ADDRESS1
(ii) ADDRESS2
(ii) ADDRESS3
6 Absence from UK

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 to ILR success - Thank you everyone

Post by oneplusone » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Well done Inquisitive, congratulations :D

I am currently in the process to apply exactly on the same basis as yours with only one dependent.

Kindly could you help me with couple of questions, based on your attached document list.

2a Life in the UK test -- does UKVI ask you to give any pass certificate number or simply ask pass or not?

3a Letter - (Current Employer) - what was the letter format - kindly can you only share the format.

3c Letter - (Previous Employer) - Do we need letter from previous employer (I have switched employer once) and what should it say.

(i) ADDRESS1 (ii) ADDRESS2 (ii) ADDRESS3. -- Did you supply Evidence from the past 5 years or the latest will do.. I am at one address from the last 5 years and got Utility bills on both names. Do I need to attach Utility bills from year 2012 until now or only one latest bill is good to attach.

6 Absence from UK - Did you ask your current and the previous employer to issue and confirm your all holiday or just the time you were out of the UK.

Many thanks if you could answer my above questions as this is exactly what I need to know.
regards
Oneplus

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Full marks for creativity but you can't have weird colours and huge text. Font reduced to normal.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

inquisitive
Newly Registered

Post by inquisitive » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:21 am

Hi,
Please see below.

2a Life in the UK test -- does UKVI ask you to give any pass certificate number or simply ask pass or not?
I just provided them the original pass certificate and ticked the relevant box in the form
3a Letter - (Current Employer) - what was the letter format - kindly can you only share the format.
it was a standard format from my employer and both employers used very different format. Only thing was they mentioned about my absences from the uk, i.e. dates based on passport stamps and said that they were paid annual leaves or work related
3c Letter - (Previous Employer) - Do we need letter from previous employer (I have switched employer once) and what should it say.
I took a letter from previous employer when I left, however I had one last week missing in the previous employer letter so I included that in my current employer letter asking them to write that these dates are also indicated in the passport but were taken before starting employment with us.
(i) ADDRESS1 (ii) ADDRESS2 (ii) ADDRESS3. -- Did you supply Evidence from the past 5 years or the latest will do.. I am at one address from the last 5 years and got Utility bills on both names. Do I need to attach Utility bills from year 2012 until now or only one latest bill is good to attach.
I used October 2014 until present as suggested on this forum many times, i.e. last 2 years or since your last application. I included lease documents, bank statements, utility bills, council tax bills, NHS letters, whatever I had for all three addresses. However, they only seemed to have looked at a few and rest of the documents seemed untouched.
6 Absence from UK - Did you ask your current and the previous employer to issue and confirm your all holiday or just the time you were out of the UK.
I only included absences from UK

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Thanks Inquisitive, you have been a great help here. Keep it up; we all need each others help at various stages in our life.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi

Did you use Form Set (O) for yourself and your dependent? Although Char has said its Set (O) and I thought to double check with yourself.

And, did you fill only one form Set (O) for yourself and your dependents.

Thanks and regards
OnePlus

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:58 pm

oneplusone wrote:Hi

Did you use Form Set (O) for yourself and your dependent? Although Char has said its Set (O) and I thought to double check with yourself.

Thanks and regards
OnePlus
Set(O) is the ONLY form you can use for ILR based on tier 2 General 5 years residence. Why do you think there is another appropriate form??? Dependents applying at the same time as the main applicant can be included on the same form, the guidance is clear about this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oneplusone
Newly Registered

Post by oneplusone » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks Char, thought to double check and be sure I am on the right track. :oops:

inquisitive
Newly Registered

Post by inquisitive » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:28 pm

oneplusone wrote:Hi

Yes
Yes
Thanks and regards
OnePlus