ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier2_applicant

Re: ILR and Dependents

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 am

no luck whatsoever - cannot seem to see any other way of entering the information into the application for PBS dependent extension online. As stated earlier, this way, IHS is wrongly calculated as £1500 (not £600) :(

not really sure what to do - anyone know any numbers for contacting the GOV agency dealing with this matter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:46 am

You will get a refund of any overpayment.

I am not sure why you are struggling when most other members have paid the correct amount. Most doing the IHS on the IHS website and then completing the online form with the reference number. They usually have to register a new email to do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Retrieving this thread as I had a follow on query regarding my situation.

I have applied for my daughter's MN1 - for which I have had to send my own passport and BRP (along with my daughter's) and also my marriage certificate. Her MN1 is based on my getting my ILR a few months back

My wife (who is also my Tier 2 dependent) needs to apply for extension to her leave as her BRP is expiring in 3 weeks. Although I did not send my wife's passport and BRP with my daughter's MN1, my passport and BRP (now an ILR) and our marriage certificate are already with UKVI.

I wanted to check if these documents (my passport and BRP and our marriage certificate) are required to be sent in with my wife's extension application too?

If yes, then what should I do, as the chances of UKVI sending back these documents in time are very slim.

Please advise.
Thanks

Also, a side note: by paying for IHS first (without starting an online application for wife's extension) I was able to calculate IHS as £600. Thanks for the help with that

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:47 pm

You should have used NCS at the council to apply for MN1 so that you got to keep hold of your original documents.

Do you have copies of your passport and BRP?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:47 pm
You should have used NCS at the council to apply for MN1 so that you got to keep hold of your original documents.

Do you have copies of your passport and BRP?
Yes but I wasn't aware of the NCS option a couple of weeks back when I applied my daughter's MN1 :(

I do have copies of my passport, BRP and the marriage certificate. Do you think that UKVI will accept these? Is there anyway to confirm this with them in advance of sending the extension application? What do you suggest?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:41 am

You can submit the copies and then write a brief letter stating your original documents were submitted with the child's MN1 application on xy date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Ok, I guess that's the best that I can do in this situation. Thanks as always for your advice.

Ajay009

Post by Ajay009 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:31 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 am
no luck whatsoever - cannot seem to see any other way of entering the information into the application for PBS dependent extension online. As stated earlier, this way, IHS is wrongly calculated as £1500 (not £600) :(

not really sure what to do - anyone know any numbers for contacting the GOV agency dealing with this matter?
Hi bro,
I'm in same boat. Did you paid £1500?? After paying excess, did you get refund rest of the amount? ?
How did you solved this issue bro ??

Ajay009

Post by Ajay009 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Anyone know Immigration health surcharge contact number please? ?

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 am

[/quote]

Hi bro,
I'm in same boat. Did you paid £1500?? After paying excess, did you get refund rest of the amount? ?
How did you solved this issue bro ??
[/quote]

Pay IHS on the website first as £600 and then start dependent application after and use the IHS reference in this application

Ajay009

Post by Ajay009 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Yes, I did paid £1400. I'm unable to edit that fee to £600. I'll request for refund once the process is finished.
Did you get refund ??

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:22 pm

No, I paid £600 on IHS website (if you do this before starting the dependant application it calculates £600 not £1400) - similar to the way I outlined in my reply above. Once I had paid this, I started the PBS dependent extension application online and filled in the the IHS number there.

The problem is that if you pay IHS as part of the dependent application, the UKVI system calculates the IHS for 7 years not 3 years (that's why 7x£200 =£1400). The 7 year period is taken from your (main applicant's) ILR validity, so the system thinks that your dependent will be given 7 years extension while actually it's 3 years. That's why you shouldn't link IHS to the extension application - the way to do it is to pay IHS first.

Nevertheless you should get the refund as I have come across a couple of people who did the same as you and then received the refund from UKVI although it may happen only after the decision on the grant of leave has been made. So you will have to wait.