ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Employer Letter - Tier 2 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RJLK

ILR - Employer Letter - Tier 2 General

Post by RJLK » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi all,
I just joined this forum, but I have been watching this for a long. As I have a query I am posting my first one here.
I am competing my 5 year continuous period on April 2018 over two different employers tier 2 visas (2+3 years visa). And if I get anotehr job after 5 years period (third employer), do I need to apply for a Tier 2 visa or ILR visa with the third employer offer letter? Will it be used as the confirmation of job while applying for ILR.

Cheers,
Rj..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:49 pm

RJLK wrote:Hi all,
I just joined this forum, but I have been watching this for a long. As I have a query I am posting my first one here.
I am competing my 5 year continuous period on April 2018 over two different employers tier 2 visas (2+3 years visa). And if I get anotehr job after 5 years period (third employer), do I need to apply for a Tier 2 visa or ILR visa with the third employer offer letter? Will it be used as the confirmation of job while applying for ILR.

Cheers,
Rj..
You need the 'required for the foreseeable future....' letter from the employer you are working for AT THE TIME of applying for ILR. It is mandatory to submit this letter. An offer letter from a new potential employer is just that, an OFFER.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Re: ILR - Employer Letter - Tier 2 General

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:08 am

What about the letter for certification of absence out of country for normal annual leave etc.?

Will he need the out of country absence certified by all 3 employers or only from the latest one? What options does he have for the out of country absence (within permitted limit) for previous two employers, can he self certify it along with proof of immigration stamps?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:00 pm

FaeLLe wrote:What about the letter for certification of absence out of country for normal annual leave etc.?

Will he need the out of country absence certified by all 3 employers or only from the latest one? What options does he have for the out of country absence (within permitted limit) for previous two employers, can he self certify it along with proof of immigration stamps?
A Tier 2 migrant needs a letter from each employer. They cannot self certify like Tier 1 General migrants can.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:What about the letter for certification of absence out of country for normal annual leave etc.?

A Tier 2 migrant needs a letter from each employer. They cannot self certify like Tier 1 General migrants can.

Does the letter need to be recently dated or can it be issued in the past when the person has left the company?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:53 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Does the letter need to be recently dated or can it be issued in the past when the person has left the company?
Should be fine if issued in past if employee left employer. Please, if you have further questions about your own circumstances, please start your own topic instead of asking questions in another members thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
RJLK wrote:Hi all,

Cheers,
Rj..
You need the 'required for the foreseeable future....' letter from the employer you are working for AT THE TIME of applying for ILR. It is mandatory to submit this letter. An offer letter from a new potential employer is just that, an OFFER.

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean I need to get another Tier 2 visa with the offer letter (this will be my third visa from the third employer) for one year as I cant get more than 6 years. Then I need to apply for ILR during that one year period. Is that correct?

What will happen if I get the extension from the same employer (my current employer), will that be enogh for the ILR application, that mean no need apply for third Tier 2 visa?

My first tier 2 visa- 10 May 2013-Apr 2015 ((in country visa as I was a student while applying this visa)
Second tier 2 visa- 1 May 2015-14 May 2018

If I wont get extension then I will get another job from 1 May 2018 (third employer offer letter (which may be used as "forseeable future" evidence for ILR application instead of third Tier 2 visa).

I appereciate your time and effort to help me out.

Cheers,
Rj..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:09 pm

RJLK wrote:Thanks for your reply. Do you mean I need to get another Tier 2 visa with the offer letter (this will be my third visa from the third employer) for one year as I cant get more than 6 years. Then I need to apply for ILR during that one year period. Is that correct? Not sure why you want to change employers if you qualify for ILR. Get a 'foreseeable future.....' letter from your current employer when you qualify for ILR. I don't really understand what you are trying to ask

What will happen if I get the extension from the same employer (my current employer), will that be enogh for the ILR application, that mean no need apply for third Tier 2 visa? You don't need an extension if you have been on Tier 2 from May 2013 to May 2018.

My first tier 2 visa- 10 May 2013-Apr 2015 ((in country visa as I was a student while applying this visa)

If I wont get extension then I will get another job from 1 May 2018 (third employer offer letter (which may be used as "forseeable future" evidence for ILR application instead of third Tier 2 visa). You don't need an extension. What exactly is your concern as I can't work out what you are trying to achieve or why you keep talking about changing employers in 2018.

Cheers,
Rj..
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
RJLK wrote:Thanks for your reply. Do you mean I need to get another Tier 2 visa with the offer letter (this will be my third visa from the third employer) for one year as I cant get more than 6 years. Then I need to apply for ILR during that one year period. Is that correct? Not sure why you want to change employers if you qualify for ILR. Get a 'foreseeable future.....' letter from your current employer when you qualify for ILR. I don't really understand what you are trying to ask

What will happen if I get the extension from the same employer (my current employer), will that be enogh for the ILR application, that mean no need apply for third Tier 2 visa? You don't need an extension if you have been on Tier 2 from May 2013 to May 2018.

If I wont get extension then I will get another job from 1 May 2018 (third employer offer letter (which may be used as "forseeable future" evidence for ILR application instead of third Tier 2 visa). You don't need an extension. What exactly is your concern as I can't work out what you are trying to achieve or why you keep talking about changing employers in 2018.

Cheers,
Rj..
Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I am not clear. I understand why you are not able to get my point. I am not working in a company or Industry. I work as Postdoctorate fellow (which is a kind of job after PhD) in a University and thus my job is not a permanent and is more depend on funding which is mostly restricted nowadays and also more specific to a particular person. My current job is funded for three years and it can not be extented after three years. So I have to change the university for another postdoc (third employer and so third visa).
As my current visa expires on 14 May 2018 I can start my ILR application from 12 april 2018 (my first visa valid from May 10, 2013). I dont think any logical reason for my current employer to issue 'foreseeable future.....' letter to me since this job will expire on April 30 and I wont work with my currect employer after this date. So how could I ask them for a letter if they dont need me anymore after April 2018.

Thanks a lot for your help and I do apologise if this is not clear again.

Cheers,
Rj..

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:38 pm

RJLK wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Cheers,
Rj..
Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I am not clear. I understand why you are not able to get my point. I am not working in a company or Industry. I work as Postdoctorate fellow (which is a kind of job after PhD) in a University and thus my job is not a permanent and is more depend on funding which is mostly restricted nowadays and also more specific to a particular person. My current job is funded for three years and it can not be extented after three years. So I have to change the university for another postdoc (third employer and so third visa).
As my current visa expires on 14 May 2018 I can start my ILR application from 12 april 2018 (my first visa valid from May 10, 2013). I dont think any logical reason for my current employer to issue 'foreseeable future.....' letter to me since this job will expire on April 30 and I wont work with my currect employer after this date. So how could I ask them for a letter if they dont need me anymore after April 2018.

Cheers,
Rj..
Because it is just a formality and if you have a nice relationship with your employer they will give you the letter to secure your ILR.

Hell you could even make your research lead type that letter out for you and you will be fine (as long as you didnt write it yourself and sign it).

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Cheers,
Rj..[/quote]

Because it is just a formality and if you have a nice relationship with your employer they will give you the letter to secure your ILR.

Hell you could even make your research lead type that letter out for you and you will be fine (as long as you didnt write it yourself and sign it).[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I did not know that I can ask a letter from my current employer without even job confirmation after my visa expires. I was thinking that we need to prove HO that we have a job and thus we are requesting to issue ILR (as we cant get extended more than 6 years in Tier 2 category).

Does anyone get a letter without job confirmation for ILR application?

Cheers,
Rj..

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:10 pm

RJLK wrote:Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I am not clear. I understand why you are not able to get my point. I am not working in a company or Industry. I work as Postdoctorate fellow (which is a kind of job after PhD) in a University and thus my job is not a permanent and is more depend on funding which is mostly restricted nowadays and also more specific to a particular person. My current job is funded for three years and it can not be extented after three years. So I have to change the university for another postdoc (third employer and so third visa).

Cheers,
Rj..

Hell you could even make your research lead type that letter out for you and you will be fine (as long as you didnt write it yourself and sign it).[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I did not know that I can ask a letter from my current employer without even job confirmation after my visa expires. I was thinking that we need to prove HO that we have a job and thus we are requesting to issue ILR (as we cant get extended more than 6 years in Tier 2 category).

Does anyone get a letter without job confirmation for ILR application?

Cheers,
Rj..[/quote]

You need to get it from your current employer....

RJLK

Employer letter for ILR application-Help

Post by RJLK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Dear all,

Would you please help me with my ilr application query. I am eligible to apply for ILR on April 12, 2018 and my job is ending April 30, 2018. I tried for extension but my research lead has an issue with funding for my extension. So I can't extend my job with my current employer (university), I am also looking for other employer but so far I did not get any job.
With this situation can I apply for ILR on April 12 at ILR premium centre (if I could not get any job by then) with the letter from the current employer saying all the info about my salary (my job is on PhD category, so no need to show I am getting more than £35,500), SOC code, contract ending date (April 30), and the phrase such as 'the job is ongoing'. I dont think they will include we need this candidate for foreseeable future.

Will this be an issue? Does anyone got the ILR approved with 15 days of employment remaining during their ILR premium appointment.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
RJ

RJLK

Re: Employer letter for ILR application-Help

Post by RJLK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Dear Gurus,

Could anyone help me with my query please.

I am eligible to apply for ILR on April 12 2018 via Tier 2- 5 year route.

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Please could anyone help me. I just want to know does anyone got their ILR with a month job left with their Tier 2 visa.

Thanks,
RJ

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:48 pm

RJLK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:45 pm
Please could anyone help me. I just want to know does anyone got their ILR with a month job left with their Tier 2 visa.

Thanks,
RJ
It is a mandatory requirement for T2 to show the job is foreseeable future. based on your current situation looks like a risky option. Why don't you find a new job and apply then?
Last edited by naveediiqbal on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi Naveen,
Thanks for your reply. Ya I am looking for other jobs, in worst case if I could not find the next job I am thinking of applying for ILR with my current condition. This is a kind of plab B.

Thats the reason I wanted to know if anyone got their ILR with one or two months job left with their tier 2 .

RJLK

Borrowing time by making ILR application on time

Post by RJLK » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:02 am

Hi all,

I hope I can get some advice here. My current Tier 2 visa expires on 14 May and I am eligible to apply for ILR on 12 April (my first Tier 2 valid from 10 May 2013). Since my job is ending on April 30, I cant get 'foreseeable future' letter from my current employer. However, I am looking for jobs now and dont know whether I will get another job before my current leave expires. So what I am thinking of now is making an ILR application before 14 May (will be unemployed from May 1) to borrow some time to find another job. Here are few questions I have regarding this decision,

1. How long do they take to make a decision on ILR application which has an employer letter without 'foreseeable future' wording on it? ( I have all other supporting documents such as LITU, English language evidence, pay slip, bank statements, etc)?

2. If I get another job before their decision can I vary ILR application to Tier 2 visa application (I guess they will reimburse the remaining amount if I vary). And then later make a fresh ILR application with a letter from my new employer?

3. Do my two dependents also have to make another Tier 2 dependent visa before their leave expires (anyway their application will be progressed to next stage after my ILR decision). And my daughter was born here so I have to make nationality registration application for her.

4. If the ILR application is refused before varying into Tier 2 visa. What happens to the fees, (my ILR £2389; two dependents visa for three years 2x704 & HIS 2x600; nationality registration application £1012; total amount = £6009). Will they return all other fees (except my refused IILR fee) or wont they return anything?

4. If they wont return all others fee, I am thinking of sending my family back to India now (their leave is valid until 14 May, same as mine). But if I get another job and successful ILR after their expiry of current leave, will their continuous period be broken? They have gained three years so far from their current visa.

Thank you for your help and support. I am really confused now about what happens if wont get any job before 14 May.

RJ

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Could anyone help me with my queries please??

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Dear moderators,

Could you please help me? I am still looking out for replies.

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Dear all,

Could anyone reply me please?

Thanks in advance

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Re: Borrowing time by making ILR application on time

Post by FaeLLe » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:38 pm

RJLK wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:02 am
Hi all,

I hope I can get some advice here. My current Tier 2 visa expires on 14 May and I am eligible to apply for ILR on 12 April (my first Tier 2 valid from 10 May 2013). Since my job is ending on April 30, I cant get 'foreseeable future' letter from my current employer. However, I am looking for jobs now and dont know whether I will get another job before my current leave expires. So what I am thinking of now is making an ILR application before 14 May (will be unemployed from May 1) to borrow some time to find another job. Here are few questions I have regarding this decision,

1. How long do they take to make a decision on ILR application which has an employer letter without 'foreseeable future' wording on it? ( I have all other supporting documents such as LITU, English language evidence, pay slip, bank statements, etc)?

at the discretion of the evaluating officer I guess, if this is the only letter you can get then make an application without it

2. If I get another job before their decision can I vary ILR application to Tier 2 visa application (I guess they will reimburse the remaining amount if I vary). And then later make a fresh ILR application with a letter from my new employer?

No an ILR application is not a tier 2 applica, you cannot vary.

3. Do my two dependents also have to make another Tier 2 dependent visa before their leave expires (anyway their application will be progressed to next stage after my ILR decision). And my daughter was born here so I have to make nationality registration application for her.

Yes of course if they do not meet the residency requirement they will need to extend their current leave

4. If the ILR application is refused before varying into Tier 2 visa. What happens to the fees, (my ILR £2389; two dependents visa for three years 2x704 & HIS 2x600; nationality registration application £1012; total amount = £6009). Will they return all other fees (except my refused IILR fee) or wont they return anything?

Not relevant , your fees will not be returned on failure NOR can you vary once processing is started.

4. If they wont return all others fee, I am thinking of sending my family back to India now (their leave is valid until 14 May, same as mine). But if I get another job and successful ILR after their expiry of current leave, will their continuous period be broken? They have gained three years so far from their current visa.

Applying for a new visa outside the country will break residency duration.
For details Google for the "ILR residency duration calculator".

Thank you for your help and support. I am really confused now about what happens if wont get any job before 14 May.

Do you not have an immigration department or IF in your company? Engage them for expert advice.

Looks like you need a good immigration lawyer, pay for a good one.

RJ

delight
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by delight » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:39 pm

RJLK wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 pm
Dear all,

Could anyone reply me please?

Thanks in advance
Hi there, Just wondering what's your current status, have you finally made your ILR application?

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:07 pm

No, I have not. I am still looking for jobs. I dont wanna make application without employer letter. I will update if my situation changes.

Thanks,
Rj..