ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 days Paid Holidays ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baltrical

30 days Paid Holidays ILR

Post by baltrical » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi Experts,
I am in Tier 1 General Visa and planned to apply ILR next week.
I am a self employed Software engineer working in my own company through agency.

I took a december holidays for more than 30 days.
06/12/2013 - 08/01/2014 --> 33 days.

Since i am self employed, I have raised the invoices as a vacation (Un paid hoildays), but as an employe in my own company, my Payslip doesn't have this hoildays ( it is considered as a paid hoildays).

What kind of letter should I need to provide ?

I am applying ILR as a employe not as company director, I am providing Paylsips, dividend vouchers and accountant letter.

Please help, I have very less time.
thanks.

baltrical

Re: 30 days Paid Holidays ILR

Post by baltrical » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 am

Any help ??

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:11 am

245CD wrote:(j) The applicant must provide the specified documents in paragraph 245CD-SD to evidence the reason for the absences set out in paragraph 245AAA, unless the applicant meets the conditions in (f)(i)-(iii) above.
245AAA wrote:(c) Except for periods where the applicant had leave as a Tier 1(Investor) Migrant, a Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Migrant, a Tier 1(Exceptional Talent) Migrant or a highly skilled migrant, any absences from the UK during the five years must have been for a purpose that is consistent with the applicant’s basis of stay here, including paid annual leave, or for serious or compelling reasons.
245CD-SD wrote:The specified documents referred to in paragraph 245CD(j) are:
(a) For periods where the applicant was in employment in the UK, a letter from the employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave.
(b) For periods where the applicant was self-employed or in business in the UK, or looking for work or setting up in business in the UK, a personal letter from the applicant detailing the purpose and period of absences in relation to those activities.
(c) A personal letter from the applicant which includes full details of the reason for the absences and all original supporting documents in relation to those reasons - e.g. medical certificates, birth/death certificates, information about the reasons which led to the absence from the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

baltrical

Post by baltrical » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:33 am

Hi,
Thanks for reference.

I have written a letter as a Director of the Company to accept my holidays and mentioned they are paid holidays. Since i am a self employed, I need to prepare a letter on my own. I am employee and sole director of my company.

And I also I went US for Business visit for 23 days, do I need to mention that one too in my letter ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:42 am

Probably best to explain and include all absences.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

baltrical

Post by baltrical » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks.
I am providing two letters.
1) Mentioning all the absense in the UK( Date I left UK and Date I entered UK) both personal and Business trips.

2) Letter from employer (myself- Sole Director & Employe of my company), mentioning Date from and date To are Annual paid leaves, as a evidence planned to attach payslips and personal bank statements.

thanks again.

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:59 pm

@baitrical, am a little confused as the reason why you are presenting the letter. I though that as a tier 1 general you are allowed to work as self employed even at your annual leave period as employee if you are working for different person.
For example, if you took paid annual leave from a company and then within that break carried out self employed work of your own. Are you meant to account for them differently. If so what is the essence of doing it that way. Is yours because you are both the employee and the employer or is this a new requirement.

Thanks.

baltrical

Post by baltrical » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:13 am

Hi,
I am going to submit the second letter only if they ask the proof/evidence for paid holidays.

As a Tier 1 Gen Worker I can work on multiple employer, but for that I need to show the Invoice if they have asked me. Thats why I am telling them its a Holidays. thanks.