ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dhilipjack
Newly Registered
India

ILR Query

Post by dhilipjack » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Dear Members and friends,

Please help. My timeline as follows;

Arrived on Tier 4 - 10/2009
Switched to PSW (Tier 1) - 07/2011
Switched to Tier 2 General - 02/2013
Job made redundant - 08/2015
Joined with new employer - 04/2016
Tier 2 Expires - 02/2019

When my job was made redundant on 08/2015, I received sponsorship curtailment letter from UKVI on 11/2015. I had 60 days from receiving the curtailment letter to make another application. I made FLR(O) application on 01/2016, before 60 days and varied the application to Tier 2 general and application got approved until 02/2019.

Since I had the employment gap for more than 60 days, I would not be able to make ILR application through 5 year route.

In terms of 10 years route, I'm short of 6 months as the Tier 2 general cannot be extended for more than 6 years.

Would it be possible for someone to give some advice.

Many Thanks in Advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Query

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Well you can either apply for SET(LR) and hope that it takes more than 6 months by which you will be eligible or apply for FLR.
There are no guarantees and quite risky. Switching to another Tier is a much better approach if you can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dhilipjack
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhilipjack » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:43 pm

zimba88 wrote:Well you can either apply for SET(LR) and hope that it takes more than 6 months by which you will be eligible or apply for FLR.
There are no guarantees and quite risky. Switching to another Tier is a much better approach if you can
SET (LR) is 10 years route right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:25 pm

dhilipjack wrote:
zimba88 wrote:Well you can either apply for SET(LR) and hope that it takes more than 6 months by which you will be eligible or apply for FLR.
SET (LR) is 10 years route right?
Correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.