ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (Gen) ILR PEO Success Story

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KenBossini
India

Tier 2 (Gen) ILR PEO Success Story

Post by KenBossini » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi all,

I have used this forum for a long time to learn from a wide range of experiences shared by everyone. Special thanks to the moderators who take immense efforts to keep this board going. I have not posted on this board yet, as almost all of my questions had been already answered on the board and repeating an existing thread seemed unnecessary. However, I would like to share my experience today as I have seen the process first hand now, hoping it helps friends who follow me. Happy to help with any questions I might be able to answer.

My appointment was at the Croydon PEO today early morning, I had taken an out of hours appointment. Since I had an appointment, no need to join the queue outside the building, I could enter directly through the public entrance. After the airport style security check, I was guided to the third floor where the premium services center is. At the reception, showed my completed application form and took the token number. Please keep this piece of paper with token number safely with you as this is your identity for rest of the day there.

I was asked to wait in the cafeteria until my token number was called. There are ample screens and speakers all over the place to announce token numbers that are called forward. There are six stages for any application:

Arrival > Registration > Awaiting biometrics > Awaiting consideration > Under consideration > Ready for collection

1. Arrival was the bit I described above with the token number collection.
2. Registration is when your details are fed into a computer by an official. You will be asked to put all your documents into a folder provided and labelled by them.
3. Biometrics = finger prints and photo. Your documents will be taken from you at this stage.
At this stage, you will be asked if you want to stay around in the building or go outside and come back later. I chose to stay as it was rainy outside, plus I did not have any reason to go out. However, if you want / need to go out, ensure you remember your file number to quote at the entrance when you return and be prepared to go though the airport style security again. No interaction is required from you from this point onwards until you collect your documents.
4. Awaiting consideration = your application is in queue to be sent to one of the case workers.
5. Under consideration = your application is with a case worker.
6. Ready for collection = documents are ready to be collected with a result n your application.
If rejected or further documents are required, I believe a case worker will meet you to explain the situation.

I have read happy stories on this board that people had to wait only 15-20 mins to get their documents back with a result. I was not probably one of the lucky ones - my application took more than 2 hours to return, not sure why. I will be honest - no matter how confident you are with your documents, the waiting period is nerve wrecking. I suggest carrying a book, newspaper, portable video game, anything that can help keep you occupied if the waiting period is long. At the end, I got a letter saying that my application was successful, and they said the new BRP will be sent in 7-10 working days.

Documents:
a. Booking checklist (this document is available to print and download when you make online payment for the appointment).
b. Completed application form
c. Reference letter from employer
d. Another letter from my employer certifying my payslips (as I only get online payslips)
e. Payslips for last 3 months
f. Original bank statements for last 3 months (if not original, then printed from online and stamped in a bank branch)
g. Original LITUK test pass letter
h. Original Master's degree certificate from a UK university
i. Two photographs as specified
j. Original passports (all) and current BRP

Please make sure you have read the application form thoroughly and have completed it as per instructions (for example, photographs to be put in a small envelope and pinned to page 9 of the form without damaging them). Also please make sure to take photocopies of all documents with you. They may or may not ask for the copies, but does not hurt to keep them ready to ease the application.

Wish you all the best!

K.

Rajeev123

Re: Tier 2 (Gen) ILR PEO Success Story

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:06 pm

I was probably somewhere around you, or may be reached after you left.

Successful ILR dependant application
12.40 appointment
12.30 biometric done
1.50 called for case registration
2.30 biometric
5.40- approval collectoin.

May be it was one of the bad days for timings above as my own ILR experience was less than 2 hours overall.

Dependent applied as main applicant and normal cohabitation documents- Only had council and mortgage in joint names, others we submitted individual letters. Gave all that I had (wanted to be safe than sorry). Happy to answer any questions.

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Many congratulations to you both.

Karl1234
Newly Registered

Post by Karl1234 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Congratz both and what is out of hours appointment ? is it you paid extra for it?

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Yes. you pay 75 pounds extra. early morning before 9 am and weekend slots.

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Thank you.
Yes, as Rajeev mentioned, it costs additional GBP 75 and the appointment is either on weekends or before 9 am on weekdays.
Rajeev, agree with you, probably just a bad day.

K.

RizwanMurtaza
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by RizwanMurtaza » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 am

Hi mate, Just a quick question did you change you home address during tier 2 duration, if yes did you updated UKVI about it, I'm bit confused i have changed the address in 2015 but didn't notify UKVI (didn't know about it) as some people are saying you must need to notify with in month..
Thanks

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Blocked Username wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 am
Hi mate, Just a quick question did you change you home address during tier 2 duration, if yes did you updated UKVI about it, I'm bit confused i have changed the address in 2015 but didn't notify UKVI (didn't know about it) as some people are saying you must need to notify with in month..
Thanks
It is recommended that you update UKVI of your new address, but it is not a showstopper if you do not. I had updated my address about a year before my ILR application. However, I hadn't updated my address while applying for my previous Tier 2 extension, and the address they had on record was 3 years old at that time. As I went for a personal appointment, they just confirmed with me once if I wanted to update the address on their systems.

So don't worry too much if you haven't notified HO about change of your residential address.

K.

iforilr
inactive
India

Post by iforilr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 am

KenBossini wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:34 pm
Hi all,

I have used this forum for a long time to learn from a wide range of experiences shared by everyone. Special thanks to the moderators who take immense efforts to keep this board going. I have not posted on this board yet, as almost all of my questions had been already answered on the board and repeating an existing thread seemed unnecessary. However, I would like to share my experience today as I have seen the process first hand now, hoping it helps friends who follow me. Happy to help with any questions I might be able to answer.

My appointment was at the Croydon PEO today early morning, I had taken an out of hours appointment. Since I had an appointment, no need to join the queue outside the building, I could enter directly through the public entrance. After the airport style security check, I was guided to the third floor where the premium services center is. At the reception, showed my completed application form and took the token number. Please keep this piece of paper with token number safely with you as this is your identity for rest of the day there.

I was asked to wait in the cafeteria until my token number was called. There are ample screens and speakers all over the place to announce token numbers that are called forward. There are six stages for any application:

Arrival > Registration > Awaiting biometrics > Awaiting consideration > Under consideration > Ready for collection

1. Arrival was the bit I described above with the token number collection.
2. Registration is when your details are fed into a computer by an official. You will be asked to put all your documents into a folder provided and labelled by them.
3. Biometrics = finger prints and photo. Your documents will be taken from you at this stage.
At this stage, you will be asked if you want to stay around in the building or go outside and come back later. I chose to stay as it was rainy outside, plus I did not have any reason to go out. However, if you want / need to go out, ensure you remember your file number to quote at the entrance when you return and be prepared to go though the airport style security again. No interaction is required from you from this point onwards until you collect your documents.
4. Awaiting consideration = your application is in queue to be sent to one of the case workers.
5. Under consideration = your application is with a case worker.
6. Ready for collection = documents are ready to be collected with a result n your application.
If rejected or further documents are required, I believe a case worker will meet you to explain the situation.

I have read happy stories on this board that people had to wait only 15-20 mins to get their documents back with a result. I was not probably one of the lucky ones - my application took more than 2 hours to return, not sure why. I will be honest - no matter how confident you are with your documents, the waiting period is nerve wrecking. I suggest carrying a book, newspaper, portable video game, anything that can help keep you occupied if the waiting period is long. At the end, I got a letter saying that my application was successful, and they said the new BRP will be sent in 7-10 working days.

Documents:
a. Booking checklist (this document is available to print and download when you make online payment for the appointment).
b. Completed application form
c. Reference letter from employer
d. Another letter from my employer certifying my payslips (as I only get online payslips)
e. Payslips for last 3 months
f. Original bank statements for last 3 months (if not original, then printed from online and stamped in a bank branch)
g. Original LITUK test pass letter
h. Original Master's degree certificate from a UK university
i. Two photographs as specified
j. Original passports (all) and current BRP

Please make sure you have read the application form thoroughly and have completed it as per instructions (for example, photographs to be put in a small envelope and pinned to page 9 of the form without damaging them). Also please make sure to take photocopies of all documents with you. They may or may not ask for the copies, but does not hurt to keep them ready to ease the application.

Wish you all the best!

K.
Hi KenBossini,

Congrats on getting the ILR and thanks for sharing the experience.

I got a question around the salary requirement.

Did you had any annual payrise between tier-2 gen extension and ILR?
If so, Did your sponsor reported the annual pay rise to UKVI via SMS?
Was your salary after tier-2 gen extension above 35,000k or did you had a gradual increase every year?

Thanks.

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:36 pm

iforilr wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 am

Hi KenBossini,

Congrats on getting the ILR and thanks for sharing the experience.

I got a question around the salary requirement.

Did you had any annual payrise between tier-2 gen extension and ILR?
If so, Did your sponsor reported the annual pay rise to UKVI via SMS?
Was your salary after tier-2 gen extension above 35,000k or did you had a gradual increase every year?

Thanks.
Hi,

Yes, I had two annual pay rises after the T2G extension. My sponsor has A+ rating, so I assume they must have reported the pay rise to UKVI via SMS as a standard procedure. Thankfully, my salary at the time of T2G extension was already above 35k.

K.