ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependants ( Kids) only

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bheeshma
India

ILR for Dependants ( Kids) only

Post by Bheeshma » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi,

I am on ILR now through TIER1 General Migrant and my wife has been granted ILR too.

Now I need to apply ILR for my kids too (Under Age 18 ) .

Could you please advise me on the following which option should be selected while booking for appointment:

Appointment for: Settlement ( Is this correct)

Application Type: Set (O) or Set (F). Which one to be selected?

Kind Regards
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Dependants ( Kids) only

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:57 pm

You can use either Set(O) or Set(F).

My understanding is that less documentation is required for Set(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:53 pm

Thank you CR001.

There was an interesting point raised by one of the forum member, discussion in this thread:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-extensio ... 70-20.html

ILR was issued to me last year i.e., Nov 2016 and its Nov 2017 which means that I am eligible to apply for British passport . Can I also apply British Passport for my both kids instead of applying ILR for them. Both Kids born in India.

If this is possible, I can at least save some money.

Kindly Advise.

Regards
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:03 am

Did you miss my response to the user that said you can skip ILR??

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-extensio ... l#p1557323
CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:27 am
KKLTP wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:59 pm
Recently I came across one solicitor suggesting that if both parents are on ILR and if they are applying for BP
then their kids can also apply for naturalisation.. as there is no rule of 5 years for kids, I suggest to think about this on cost basis, I hope it helps..
Children born abroad, as is the case for the OP in this thread, require ILR before they can register as British (adults are naturalised not children). Also, there are residence requirements for children depending on how old they are.
CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:24 pm
KKLTP wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:20 pm
Hello CR001,
in reference to your update, I am little bit confused, can not the kids ( born abroad + below 18) will be eligible to apply for citizen ship along with one of their parent who is eligible to apply while other parent is on ILR?

sorry not sure about acronym op ?

my only point is instead of applying ILR ( spending on Fees roughly 6k- 2kids) they can apply for citizenship along with one parent for less fee, if the parent is eligible for citizenship.

Thanks
KP
Children born abroad are expected to be 'free from immigration control', i.e. hold ILR. There have been many refusals for children where the parents through they can save money on skipping ILR. Children born abroad have no entitlement to register as British.

There have been many tales of woe by members thinking they will save money and skip ILR for children born abroad and apply directly for citizenship which is then refused due to not being 'free from immigration control restrictions (ILR)' and the children's visas have by then also already expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Thank you CR001.

Kind Regards

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Dear Forum Admins,

I stand again at your door step for your advises. Have an appointment at Sheffield on 4th of December so started filling Set(F) Application form for my Kids, as usual, few questions does confuse me as always . :? I kindly request you to advise on the following questionnaires please.

Page 13 of 41:

3.3 How many rooms are there for your use?

My Kids are Year 4 and 2 and we are living in a 3 bed-room flat. Can I mention that all rooms are available for use for them?

3.4 How many other people live in your sponsor house?
Total 4

3.5 How many rooms are there in your sponsor’s home?
3 bed room flat.
3.6 Will your sponsor be supporting you from his/her own money? Yes No

If so, what percentage of your total weekly or monthly finances will be provided by your sponsor?
Can you please advise what should I mention here? How can I calculate the percentage and mention here as the kids are under 5 years old?

3.7 Did your sponsor provide financial support to you while you were living in your home country? please provide documentary evidence of any financial support you received from your sponsor while you were living in your home country?

Since my wife (ILR Issued on Oct 2017) had to spent out of UK due to pregnancy related issues, my elder and younger kids have to stay with her back in India. Can you kindly advise what documents can be submitted as an evidence please?

Page: 26 of 41

6.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad? Yes/No

My Kid's had to seek their FIRST Entry into UK so applied for Visa's( Tier1 dependant) from India. Can you kindly advise whether I need say "YES" over here?

6.15 Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad
Continuous to 6.12, really not sure what could I mention the names of "British diplomatic post(s)”.

Should I mention "British Deputy High Commission, Chennai" for this? we made application in India and sent the applications to Chennai.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind Regards
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Set(O) is easier and less documents required. Why are you not looking at doing Set(O)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply. Set (F) form is adviced for kids under age 18 mostly in this forum and I hence I too opted to use it. I hope I can use SET (F), just want to be sure please.

Can you kindly advice me on the questionnaries asked, please.

Thanks Again.

Regards
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:32 am

You can use either Set(O) or Set(F). Set(O) is simpler and requires less documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi CR001/Admins/Form Members,

I am filling Set F form for my 2 kids (Year 4 and 2) ... Kindly advise me on the following questions please.

3.6 Will your sponsor be supporting you from his/her own money? Yes No If so, what percentage of your total weekly or monthly finances will be provided by your sponsor?

I am taking care of all needs of my kids and we are living all together . Can I mention it as 100%?

6.15 Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made
abroad

My Younger Kid's finger Prints were taken in India for first time ( and this her 2nd time she is going for BRP Finger Prints). Should I mention it as " British Deputy High Commission Chennai"

Also, my kids appointment as 9:20 AM and 9:40 AM each. Can I submit both applications at the same time?

Do I need to provide 2 set's of proof's ( I am filling 2 SET F applications ,i.e one each) ? Like payslips, employment contract, Rental Agreement,etc?

Please advise.

Kind Regards
Bheeshma.

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi,

Can you kindly give some thoughts around these questions please.

Regards
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:01 pm

I am not familiar with Set(F).

Set(O) is much simpler but it is your choice to go with Set(F).

Yes, re 100%.

Yes on the fingerprints section.

Probably on they submit together question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Thank you CR001, you are always there to help, as usual.

Since I have chosen SetF while making an appointment with immigration so I am afraid to fill Set O Now.

Can You kindly help with this question as well please.

Do I need to provide 2 set's of proof's ( I am filling 2 SET F applications ,i.e one each) ? Like payslips, employment contract, Rental Agreement,etc?

I have another question please.

In the form, There is a question whether I provided support while my kids were in India. And they asked to provide the documentary evidence for that.

As my kid was in India between the periods 2013 and 2015, I have transferred money to the Bank in India and I have the E statements available to print and show as documentary evidence. Can I submit these e-statements ( Online PDF colour statements). Kindly advise.

Regards
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:02 pm

As I said, I don't have much experience with form Set(F) so not able to answer your questions really.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:56 am

Thank you Dear CR001 and my apologies for asking the repetitive question.

Dear Forum Members: Can you please help on the queries asked with regards to SET F Form Please?

Thanks
Bheeshma.

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Dear CR001 and Admins,

I am glad to update you that my kids applications for ILR has been approved , just came out from Sheffield PEO.

My huge thanks to CR001 for providing the invaluable inputs and appreciate the patience while responding to all of my queries.

Urging to Keep continue giving your great advises in need of people like us.

Thanks Again..

Kind Regards
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Congratulations Bheeshma, very pleased that all went well :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Thank you...🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️