ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR on SET (O) form after 6 years DLR Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

afrogal7
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR on SET (O) form after 6 years DLR Help

Post by afrogal7 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 pm

I was first granted DLR in September 2011 at the age of 14 as a dependent of my mother. We made an in time application in August 2014 and received our second DLR in March 2015. My 6 years passed in September, but I thought it best to make my application 28 days before my visa expires as I needed to get other things sorted. I am now 20, so I am no longer a dependent, therefore we are doing separate applications for ILR.

I have a PEO appointment next month, and I was wondering what documents I would need to provide? I have read other posts on here and everyone has said things like payslips, bills, council tax etc, however, I am a university student, I haven't been working since I started university and I do not pay any bills.

Additionally, when filling out the SET (O) form, am I supposed to fill in all sections or can I leave some blank? For example, should I leave section 4 blank because I am people applying for ILR on the basis of discretionary leave, therefore I am exempt from needing the KoLL? Furthermore, do I need to fill in section 5? As previously outlined, I am a student and I'm not currently working, and don't see how my finances are relevant to the category I'm applying under.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Applying for ILR on SET (O) form after 6 years DLR Help

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:50 pm

afrogal7 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 pm
I was first granted DLR in September 2011 at the age of 14 as a dependent of my mother. We made an in time application in August 2014 and received our second DLR in March 2015. My 6 years passed in September, but I thought it best to make my application 28 days before my visa expires as I needed to get other things sorted. I am now 20, so I am no longer a dependent, therefore we are doing separate applications for ILR.

I have a PEO appointment next month, and I was wondering what documents I would need to provide? I have read other posts on here and everyone has said things like payslips, bills, council tax etc, however, I am a university student, I haven't been working since I started university and I do not pay any bills.

Additionally, when filling out the SET (O) form, am I supposed to fill in all sections or can I leave some blank? For example, should I leave section 4 blank because I am people applying for ILR on the basis of discretionary leave, therefore I am exempt from needing the KoLL? Furthermore, do I need to fill in section 5? As previously outlined, I am a student and I'm not currently working, and don't see how my finances are relevant to the category I'm applying under.
Hi,

Although everyone is unique in their documentation. My understanding is, these should be an idea for what documents to provide for your application of ILR, Since you are doing a single ILR application, my understanding is 12 pieces documentation may be required spread out evenly (4 months in between) for the period of 3 years (as your grant was for a period of 3 years) from multiple sources, minimum being 3 sources.

You can use:

-NHS, Medical, Doctors Letters - Correspondences
-Credit Card Statements
-University Letters
-Council Tax Letters
-Employment Letters (to confirm employment and basic info)
-Any Government letters/correspondences (e.g: Benefit award letters, any appointments, Social work etc..)
-Cover Letter (explaining why you are seeking an application for ILR, I.e: based on your 6 years DLR, under the transitional arrangments)
-Utility Bills for example -Electricity
-Gas
-Phone Landline/Mobile
-TV Licence
-Broadband/TV
-Insurance
-Home Office Letters
-Settled spouse or British Citizens spouse passport
-6 Months Bank statements (preceding the application for ILR)
-Wage Slips (last 6 months, if sending with bank statements, make sure they correspond)
-Make sure to enclose your BRP card and passports(old and new)
-Passport size photographs
-Photocopies of All documents that form part of your application must be done prior to the appoint or before sending by postal.

-Maybe include a letter from your mother to mention that she is maintaining you and pays the bills etc...

I hope this is helped you somewhat. Again, from my understanding, those granted DLR have less of the requirements compared to other leave to remain category holders (such as language and financial requirements). When making an appoint for PSC (PEO) make sure to book the appointment within 28 days of the qualifying period, in this case, 6 years.

Again, if you do a search, you will get an idea if what other members have submitted. Again my understanding is section 4 wouldn't apply to you, so you wont fill it, but just above section 4, section 3 on page 14, you can write an explanation as to why you are not including, reason being you are exempt from it as a holder of DLR.

Section 5 is mandatory for all applicants to be filled.

I hope this helps some what.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.