ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries regarding filling up SET(o) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lahori
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Is my family eligible to apply for ILR?

Post by Lahori » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Dear Gurus,

Following are the dates for my family who are going to apply on Tier 1 G Dependent Route:

First Landed in UK: 26-March-2013
Current BRP validity till: 24-March-2018

They have not been out of UK during entire above period.

Should they be eligible to apply for ILR by 27-Feb-2018 (considering 28 days Rule) ? Or they need to complete exact 5 years? (which leaves them 2 days short) - If it is the later case, I am not sure, should they be going for extension?

Your guidance is requested please?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is my family eligible to apply for ILR?

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Should they be eligible to apply for ILR by 27-Feb-2018 (considering 28 days Rule) ?
Yes, they can apply within 28 days before reaching 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lahori
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Queries regarding filling up SET(o) form

Post by Lahori » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Dear Gurus

My wife is applying as Tier 1 G Dependent - ILR Visa by beginning of March. I am already on ILR visa (Tier 1 G route): The application would be through her as 'Main applicant'

I have the following questions regarding filling up the form for her:

Section:1.6 - Any other name(s) by which you are or have been known:
Q1: --> May wife had a different surname before marriage, which was changed to my name long before she came to UK. Also, in none of her passports, her previous surname is mentioned. Should I indicate her previous Surname here or leave it blank?

Section 12A: All applicants - (Tick list)
Your valid passport or (except a PBS applicant) a national identity card. If you do not have these, your most recent passport or (except a PBS applicant) national identity card.
Q2: --> Is my wife a PBS applicant?

Section 12A: All applicants - (Tick list)
I you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum two years)
Q3: --> Since I am not applying with my wife, should the cohabitation documents sill should be provided?

Can you kindly advise of above three question, specially the last one please?

Lahori
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Is my family eligible to apply for ILR?

Post by Lahori » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Thanks for you kind reply. Much appreicated.