ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel without BRP to India (BRP approved)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baltrical

Travel without BRP to India (BRP approved)

Post by baltrical » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi All,
I have applied ILR for my dependants through visa agent on December last year, last Tuesday I got a good news that Visa has approved and Passports are received.
My concern is we havent received the BRP yet, we need to go to India for marriage, Can I send my wife and Kids to India first with Indian passports and later I will collect the BRP from Agent(when he received) and travel to India. While returning from India we have BRP in our hand.

Is there any risk involved ? Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Travel without BRP to India (BRP approved)

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:28 pm

You do not need to have the BRP to travel out of the UK. However as long as someone can collect your BRPs here and securely send them to your address in India (via DHL, FEDEX, etc) then you can safely return to the UK.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Travel without BRP to India (BRP approved)

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:12 pm

baltrical wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 pm
Hi All,
I have applied ILR for my dependants through visa agent on December last year, last Tuesday I got a good news that Visa has approved and Passports are received.
My concern is we havent received the BRP yet, we need to go to India for marriage, Can I send my wife and Kids to India first with Indian passports and later I will collect the BRP from Agent(when he received) and travel to India. While returning from India we have BRP in our hand.

Is there any risk involved ? Thanks in advance.
Some countries check Origin visa on arrival to check that you have complied with Visa rules even though I don't understand why it should bother them. Send a copy of the approval with them just in case.

And then take tbe BRPs with you for return