ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(DL) ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

FLR(DL) ILR

Post by Yachou » Wed May 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi!
I would like to have some informations about timescales for ILR application FL (DL). It seems like there is no that much topics about it. Thanks God after so many search’s, i found this one.
I will post so far some informations about my application:
-Application sent: 25/04/2018
-Payment taken: 30/04/2018
-Acknowledgement letter: Awaiting
-Biometric letter: Awaiting
-Decison: Awaiting lol of course.
I was granted first Dl (3years) 22/04/2018 after failed asylum and outside immigration rules, renewal made 16/04/2015 so on time application but only granted 2/12/2015 and expired 26/11/2018. I applied for ILR because I qualified for IRL from 22/04/2018.
My problem is that I am actually pregnant and the dad didn’t stick around, my due date is for 25/10/2018 and if I give birth before my ILD, would my child have the same statut as me? Considering that I was eligible for ILR from 22/04/2018, could I argue with the Home Office that my child should be eligible to British Citizenship as the waiting time is their problem and not mine? This service cost enough already (£2389) for them to be taking that much time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(DL) ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Considering that I was eligible for ILR from 22/04/2018, could I argue with the Home Office that my child should be eligible to British Citizenship as the waiting time is their problem and not mine?
Not really no. Being eligible and applying successfully are two very different things. If your child is born before you get ILR, you can still register the child as British using form MN1.

If the child is born after you get ILR, child will be British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Sat May 12, 2018 11:39 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:14 pm
Considering that I was eligible for ILR from 22/04/2018, could I argue with the Home Office that my child should be eligible to British Citizenship as the waiting time is their problem and not mine?
Not really no. Being eligible and applying successfully are two very different things. If your child is born before you get ILR, you can still register the child as British using form MN1.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply but I believe to have a straightforward case as since I have been granted leave to remain, I have always been in employment with no criminal convictions and the grounds on which they granted me leave still stand.
I have one question, since receiving your application on 27th April (Royal Mail delivery status) and taking the payment on 30th April, I haven’t received no acknowledgment nor a biometric letters. Is this a normal thing or do you think I should contact HO to at least request an acknowledgment letter?
Many thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Sat May 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Yachou wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:39 am
CR001 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for your reply but I believe to have a straightforward case as since I have been granted leave to remain, I have always been in employment with no criminal convictions and the grounds on which they granted me leave still stand.
I have one question, since receiving your application on 27th April (Royal Mail delivery status) and taking the payment on 30th April, I haven’t received no acknowledgment nor a biometric letters. Is this a normal thing or do you think I should contact HO to at least request an acknowledgment letter?
Many thanks
27th April 2018 would be the date It would considered as submitted if they have recieved it that day and signed for it that day, and as per Royal Mail tracker, it would seem so.

In my opinion and research it may be procedure. However you should always keep evidence of when it was posted and when THEY recieved it, I.e signed for etc..
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Sat May 12, 2018 7:50 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:13 pm
Yachou wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:39 am
CR001 wrote:

Hi,
Many thanks
27th April 2018 would be the date It would considered as submitted if they have recieved it that day and signed for it that day, and as per Royal Mail tracker, it would seem so.

In my opinion and research it may be procedure. However you should always keep evidence of when it was posted and when THEY recieved it, I.e signed for etc..
Hi,
Ok well noted I took a screenshot of the name and signature of the person that signed for it ☺️ But you are right because you never know with them.
Another proof is that they took correct fee of £2389.00 that shows on my bank statement. I feel that they should at least let me know that they have received it 😡
Thanks again for taking your time and replying to my query, God bless 🙏🏻

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 am

I paid £2,297 back on 12 Dec 2017 for ILR (2 x 3 years DLR), only correspondence I have from UKVI is the Biometrics enrollment letter on 16 Jan.

No acknowledgment letter whatsoever of that payment. Even the Biometrics letter probably came because I had requested the return of my Driving Licence from online. One department wrote and said they didn't have my licence, another department returned the licence and included the Biometrics Enrollment letter.

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Mon May 14, 2018 3:46 pm

krisbol17 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 am
I paid £2,297 back on 12 Dec 2017 for ILR (2 x 3 years DLR), only correspondence I have from UKVI is the Biometrics enrollment letter on 16 Jan.

No acknowledgment letter whatsoever of that payment. Even the Biometrics letter probably came because I had requested the return of my Driving Licence from online. One department wrote and said they didn't have my licence, another department returned the licence and included the Biometrics Enrollment letter.
Thanks for your input! So I shouldn’t worry for the moment then, I may received something from them by end of this month as it would have been 1month.
Please let me know when you have decision made on your case, it may help me to see the timeline.
How did you contact them? Any number or email address?
Many thanks

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:12 am

Sure. You can also see my other posts about more details on my case.

They have made things difficult for people to contact them, the only sure way I know of is to write them a letter to the address specified on the application form. There is no email that I know of. It's interesting that it took me to request the return of my document (Driving Licence) for them to send the Biometrics Enrollment Letter.

To be honest I gave myself 6 months from the date I applied (12 Dec 17) so hopefully by 12 June I will hear something. I have just asked them the return of another document (Not passport), and I hope that triggers them to look at my case as it's been 5 months now. If from 12 June I still don't get any decision, I will start to get my MP involved because I would like my passport back in order to get married to my fiancee; the registrar's office says they need to see my passport as the only form of ID.

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi Yachou, I have just got home from work and found settlement BRP!!! No original documents returned.

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Tue May 15, 2018 9:09 pm

krisbol17 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:09 pm
Hi Yachou, I have just got home from work and found settlement BRP!!! No original documents returned.
Hi awwwww congratulations!! This makes me hopeful really that decisions can be made within 6months. Enjoy your life bien and happy future married life. Think now about passing your life in the UK test so you are ready in one year time to apply for your British passport. I think you requesting your driving licence really triggered the consideration of your application.
Wish me luck too 🙏🏻

Can I ask how about you got your first leave? I know it is 2x3 DL but was it after failed asylum or another category?

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:41 pm

Yes, it was after refused asylum back in 2004. My case became one of the legacy cases that were supposed to be resolved in summer of 2011. Got my first DLR Sept 2011.

Good luck!!!

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Wed May 16, 2018 9:18 pm

krisbol17 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:41 pm
Yes, it was after refused asylum back in 2004. My case became one of the legacy cases that were supposed to be resolved in summer of 2011. Got my first DLR Sept 2011.

Good luck!!!
Ok
Thanks you and good luck again in your future life.
God bless 🙏🏻

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

FLR (DL)

Post by Yachou » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi all
I made a postal application in April 2018 for indefinite leave to remain 3x3 Discretionary leave to remain. I sent my daughter’s passport who’s à British citizen, I planned of going to Disneyland Paris with her for her birthday as her 6th birthday was last Monday.
I knew later on that because I have an application with the Home Office, I wouldn’t be able to go with her so I asked her grandma to go with her who is happy with that so I requested my daughter’s passport back.
I received the passport today but here is my worry:
On the enveloppe containing a letter and my daughter’s passport, it is writing:
RETURN ADDRESS
REDUSED CASE MANAGEMENT
Leave Intake Team
Level 7- Capital Building
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP.
That’s that mean that my case has been refused??????
The letter inside the envelope is from CCWD- FLC1, who knows what’s that service is for?? They got me very very WORRIED now 😬😬😬
Thanks for any help you could provide 🙏🏻

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:31 pm

We cannot tell you. You must wait to hear the outcome of your application when you get a decision letter.
The team that deals with sending the documents back might be the same that deal with the refusals. Better not judge
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:31 pm
We cannot tell you. You must wait to hear the outcome of your application when you get a decision letter.
The team that deals with sending the documents back might be the same that deal with the refusals. Better not judge
Hi
What I don’t understand is what does the REFUSED CASE MANAGEMENT mean? Is it because I was granted discretionary based on a failed asylum or is it because I have been refused ILR?
I do understand that you cannot tell me if I have been refused or not but I just think that some people may be familiar with that particular REFUSED CASE MANAGEMENT unit.
My documents haven’t been returned just my daughter’s passport and the letter states:
Please find enclosed documents which you submitted as part of your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in United Kingdom. We have noted their contents and are now able to return them to you.
You’re sincerely ...........

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:44 pm

We do not know or have access to internal procedures of the HO teams or their duties.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:44 pm
We do not know or have access to internal procedures of the HO teams or their duties.
Ok thanks 🙏🏻

Aawish123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aawish123 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:45 pm

HI,

I am applying for FLR(DL) extension under Private life. I was issuer 2.5 years visa and now its time to apply for extension.

Can anyone help me with documents guidance please. What documents do I need to send with the form??

I have proof of address for me and my partner on same address.

What else do I need to post?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Aawish123 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:45 pm
HI,

I am applying for FLR(DL) extension under Private life. I was issuer 2.5 years visa and now its time to apply for extension.

Can anyone help me with documents guidance please. What documents do I need to send with the form??

I have proof of address for me and my partner on same address.

What else do I need to post?

Thanks
Please continue in your existing topic you have about your extension. This thread is for ILR and NOT extension applications.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-o-de ... 56056.html

See also point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.