ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i am thinking of appling for indefinit leave to remain base on 10 years long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jivis7
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

i am thinking of appling for indefinit leave to remain base on 10 years long residence

Post by Jivis7 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Good evening all, I got my first visa on the 9'th of july 2008 and I have renewing from then up till now and by next month am due to apply for indefinite leave to remain, but am really worried because last year 12/06/20017 I was in court charge with conspiracy to commit fraud and was sentence to four months imprison but suspended for two years, my question is, can I apply for indefinite leave to remain now or wait till the conviction or sentence is served which will October next year and my current visa expires this year November please help.

vinny

Re: i am thinking of appling for indefinit leave to remain base on 10 years long residence

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 pm

322(1C)
(iii) they have been convicted of an offence for which they have been sentenced to imprisonment for less than 12 months, unless a period of 7 years has passed since the end of the sentence; or
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.