ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applying for ILR

Post by zeeshan8800 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:53 am

Hello,

I am going to apply for ILR application in next few days. I have few questions now and I will be thank you if someone helps me. I am also paste my cover letter at the end of these questions:

First question:
I am working in one company throughout my Tier 2 route and I have been out various times (total 5 trips) on business trips to Africa. All these trips are for 4-5 days per trip. My company has mentioned this in their letter and reasons for travel. Also I travelled back to my country and came back within two weeks. I am also going to attached all the electronic tickets with my application too. Is this fine or I need letter from travel companies?

Second question:
One month payslip and bank statement is enough or I need to submit 3 months payslip and bank statement. I am intending to submit my P60 for previous year too with this application.

Third question:
I am applying through their online system SET(0). Is this alright as there is another method of filling this application form manually?

Here is my list of documents which are going to be included in my application:

1. Life if the UK Test pass notification
2. Degree certificate (to prove level of English language required)
3. Letter from employer detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK, as well as confirming that you are:
I am still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future
They also provide the nearest SOC code which is currently describing my employment
My current rate of pay
Confirmation that this is at, or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

4. Letter from my employer confirming change of company.
5. Additional evidence for absences/travel (such as electronic tickets).
6. 1 months’ payslip and P60 for last year 2017 – 2018.
7. 1 months bank statement.
8. Current passport along with my previous expired passport which have Tier 4 stamp in it.
9 . Current Biometric Resident Permit.
10 . Two passport photos with the signature behind

Thank you in advance.

trueblue19

Re: Applying for ILR

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:02 am

zeeshan8800 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:53 am
Hello,

I am going to apply for ILR application in next few days. I have few questions now and I will be thank you if someone helps me. I am also paste my cover letter at the end of these questions:

First question:
I am working in one company throughout my Tier 2 route and I have been out various times (total 5 trips) on business trips to Africa. All these trips are for 4-5 days per trip. My company has mentioned this in their letter and reasons for travel. Also I travelled back to my country and came back within two weeks. I am also going to attached all the electronic tickets with my application too. Is this fine or I need letter from travel companies?

This is fine. You dont need a letter from the travel companies. Letter from the employer detailing work-related/holiday absences, and confirmation they are within 180 day rules, is enough.

Second question:
One month payslip and bank statement is enough or I need to submit 3 months payslip and bank statement. I am intending to submit my P60 for previous year too with this application.

The 'official' requirement is to submit 1 month of payslip and bank statement (should not be older than 28 days). Most people submit 3 months of payslip and bank statements. I have my appointment due soon and I'm submitting three months' worth of evidence, as well as P60s for last 5 years. Also, if you receive your payslips online, it is advisable you get them printed & signed on official letterhead, with a letter accompanying (again on letterhead) that by way of company policy, payslips are issued online and are authentic. Someone in HR or your line manager will need to sign.

Third question:
I am applying through their online system SET(0). Is this alright as there is another method of filling this application form manually?

Online form is in the beta version and if you make any mistakes you cannot rectify them. Also, filling the online form means your application date is the day of submission of form. If you take a paper form with you, the application date is considered to be the day of appointment at PSC. Most people choose to fill paper form and take it along. This is what I'm doing too.

Here is my list of documents which are going to be included in my application:

1. Life if the UK Test pass notification
2. Degree certificate (to prove level of English language required)
3. Letter from employer detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK, as well as confirming that you are:
I am still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future
They also provide the nearest SOC code which is currently describing my employment
My current rate of pay
Confirmation that this is at, or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

4. Letter from my employer confirming change of company.
5. Additional evidence for absences/travel (such as electronic tickets).
6. 1 months’ payslip and P60 for last year 2017 – 2018.
7. 1 months bank statement.
8. Current passport along with my previous expired passport which have Tier 4 stamp in it.
9 . Current Biometric Resident Permit.
10 . Two passport photos with the signature behind

if you have any dependents, you'll need to also submit cohabitation proof scattered over the last 2 years substantiated by utility bills, tax statements, bank letters/statements etc etc, sent to you and your partner.

Thank you in advance.

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 am

Sorry, I think this part is incorrect:

Online form is in the beta version and if you make any mistakes you cannot rectify them. Also, filling the online form means your application date is the day of submission of form. If you take a paper form with you, the application date is considered to be the day of appointment at PSC. Most people choose to fill paper form and take it along. This is what I'm doing too.

I think application date will still be date of appointment. I'm not 100% sure. Please wait for a more experienced member to comment.

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 am

Thank you.

My Tier 2 dependent is not applying with me this time. My wife is my only tier 2 dependent and she needs to apply again for Tier 2 dependent extension next March 2019. She is a house wife.

My application will be standalone application. Do I still need to add her details on MY application?

Kind Regards,
Zee

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:20 am

zeeshan8800 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 am
Do I still need to add her details on MY application?
No.

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:23 am

Thank you for answering my queries and all the best for your appointment. :)