ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!! WILL THIS MISTAKE COST ME MY ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abeeranti
Newly Registered
Nigeria

HELP!!! WILL THIS MISTAKE COST ME MY ILR?

Post by Abeeranti » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:40 am

Hello House,
I moved to the UK March 2018 on a Tier 2 visa. I was told by my agents getting me a second job that it was okay to do over 20 hours per week as they would spread it over 2 weeks (my main job is one week on, one week off). This made me uncomfortable but their reason was logical. Decided to check on the internet (too little too late) and i came across this forum. Now, i am vey very scared though I am not eligible for ILR till 2023, I am scared that this will come back to bite me. I have since stopped the extra job (did it for 2 months) but I just want to know what I can do. someone suggested calling an immigration lawyer for advice but their charges made me run away. Please i need advice. Thank you.

IJOS

Re: HELP!!! WILL THIS MISTAKE COST ME MY ILR?

Post by IJOS » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:46 pm

It's a little early to start stressing out,no? The world may not be existing in 2023. Okay on a more serious note, if you are supposed to apply say 18th Mar 2023, you should be able to move it further to say 18th June and therefore rule out the months when you were doing double jobs. This is not official confirmation. I am just saying based on what I think

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:51 pm

This is always tricky to have a second job, you do the job within the same SOC as your main, or you have the other Tier 2 visa to cover the second job.

I think how the HO count 20 hour per week is the matter, weekly, monthly or yearly. This is not crystal clear even in the Tier 2 guidance book.

The other is how do you get paid for your second job? if your payslip is monthly and actually you work less then 80 hours per month, then you can get around very likely, as the HO doesn't know you work more than 20 hour in particular week.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

madnanali
Newly Registered

Post by madnanali » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:12 pm

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/second-job

On this page you can read the rules for taking 2nd job, its 20H PW