ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if the ILR is refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Ukguy18
Newly Registered
India

What if the ILR is refused

Post by Ukguy18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi Experts,

I qualify for ILR through 5 Years Tier 2 route next week and have booked for PEO ILR appointment for the same week. I was just wondering the worst case scenario if in case my application is refused, what will happen to my current Tier 2 visa which is valid till Sept 2019? Can I continue under Tier 2 until then as I can qualify for 10 year ILR route in Feb 2019 again? Please advise.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What if the ILR is refused

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Your current visa will continue as normal unless there are major issues with your sponsor or any form of deception.

Remember that if you apply for ILR based on long residence, your spouse will have to switch to FLR(M) 2 x 2.5 year visas which will reset her clock to zero for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.