ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence online application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eveladouce
Newly Registered

Long Residence online application

Post by Eveladouce » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:18 am

Hello All,

I want to share my experience here with you.

I was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I would be 10 years in The UK at the end of August 2018. I tried to book a premium service appointment, but there was no available date in all the centres within my qualifying period.
I checked on the gov.uk website and found out that I could Make the Long Residence visa application online. It is a new service which I think was launched in July 2018.
I filled in the form online and paid online on Tuesday 7th of August 2018. I was then emailed the consent forms and biometrics letter. On Wednesday 8th of August, I went to the post office for my biometrics and I also sent off my passports, life in the UK test results and degree certificates to the Home Office. I received my approval letter and passports back on the 16th of August 2018 and my Indefinite Leave to Remain Biometrics Card arrived the next day on the 17th of August 2018. I filled in the forms myself, and I didn’t use a lawyer, because I’m a lawyer and the forms are straight forward.
I am very impressed with the Home Office. Kudos to them.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Re: Long Residence online application

Post by heyaheya » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:05 am

Congratulations on getting ilr... that wae quick and did u pay standard postal fee or premium service fees. This is so amazing. If u can pllzz share the link to it. And do u have any idea appliants whoz tier1 extension applications are still pending are they allowed to use this service or not. Will be grateful. Many thanks for this.

Eveladouce
Newly Registered

Post by Eveladouce » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:50 am

Thank you. I was surprised at how fast the response was. It just took 3 working days. I paid the normal long residence fee, and not the premium service fee.
I think you can apply even if you have a pending application with the Home Office, you just have to put your Home Office reference number. As long as you meet all the eligibility requirements and didn’t overstay.
For the link, just type on Google ‘apply long residence online’. Go to the gov.uk website for all the information you need.
Good luck.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 am

It is important to note that PSC service are NOT available to people who have pending applications
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:40 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 am
It is important to note that PSC service are NOT available to people who have pending applications
Yea zimba thats why i was asking OP if one could apply online for set lr with pending application.If u can plz shed some light on that.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 am

Yes you can. Applying online simply means you fill the form digitally and pay the fees before sending your documents through post. :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi, is it possible to book a PEO same day appointment if I make the long residence online application, please ? Thanks.

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Post by l3chiffre » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:44 pm

justdopposite wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Hi, is it possible to book a PEO same day appointment if I make the long residence online application, please ? Thanks.
Yes, You can. You are given the option before you submit your application.

Ron 24
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ron 24 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello Sir/Ma,
Congratulation on your application.
Could you please share documents you have submitted with your applications I am about to make mine please
Thanks