ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC certificate required eventhough applicatant passed English test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

majobeats
Newly Registered

NARIC certificate required eventhough applicatant passed English test

Post by majobeats » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi,
I am filling out the online application (Set O) for my wife for ILR as Tier 1 dependent. I am a bit confused with the documents section.

1) Evidence of reasons for absences from the UK.
She never worked in UK and only time she went to India is to visit her parents. What
proof do I need to submit for this? Is the original passport enough?

2) She has passed the CEFR level B1.1 test to prove her English skills.
But there another checkbox to include NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the
recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English
to which the degree was taught or researched
This doesn't make any sense as she is not claiming her English skills based on her education.

3) Original official documents (e.g. medical, birth or death certificates). Why do I need to provide these
documents?

i am confused because the system is not allowing me to move forward without selecting these boxes.
Can anyone please help?
Mathew

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NARIC certificate required eventhough applicatant passed English test

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:09 pm

1. Not needed. You only complete the relevant parts of form. She does not need to complete parts relevant only to PBS main visa holders.

2. Just tick English B1 and ignore the rest.

3. It does say "eg" for "example" , however you don't state what question this is referring to or where in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

majobeats
Newly Registered

Post by majobeats » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. She is applying ILR (5 Year term) as a PBS dependent of me (Got my ILR last year). Hope she doesn't need to submit the birth certificate or marriage certificate.
I am attaching the screenshot of the documents screen here. And the system will not allow you to proceed to the next page without selecting all the checkboxes.

These documents are mandatory and you must provide them as part of your application. Tick the box to agree that you will provide each document: (Required)

Two passport photos for Mrs
All passport photos must:

have the applicant's name written on the back
meet all of the passport photo requirements

The passport issued by India for Mrs
Other documents

If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused. (Required)

Mrs Life in the UK Test pass notification
Other evidence of Mrs reasons for absences from the UK

The language test certificate for Mrs to prove the level of English language required
Evidence of Mrs immigration status in the UK

Declaration signed by Mrs to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks

Original official documents (e.g. medical, birth or death certificates) for Mrs

NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched

Current Biometric Residence Permit

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:53 pm

I did my wife's online application couple weeks back, but wasn't really asked these questions of absences or their evidence...
Also, wasn't asked about education details either.. just kept answering questions asked and in the end the checklist that came out only asked about passport, biometric, life in the uk cert, English b1 cert and photos.. and some declarations to sign. So, printed and sent the docs same day i.e., 18th.
Haven't heard anything yet, so slightly nervous but lets see.

FYI: her was also T1G dependant.